Does anyone else find the bars too moorish and make you hungry?

angie-bum

Gold Member
I don't know what to do. I like the bars sooooo much, but as it's the weekend instead of making a packet into 2 helpings through the morning, I instead had a bar, but I was hungry an hour later (not been hungry for weeks!) and then had a shake and still felt hollow so had anothr half of a shake. I now cant seem to stop thinking of food, so I would guess that I am not in ketosis at the moment.

Suppose if I SS all tomorrow and not have a bar and keep up with my liquids hopefully this hunger will go away, cos it is seriously making me feel like breaking my diet

Come back ketosis! all is forgiven!!!:cry:

I find that drinking a lot of water (at least 3litres a day) helps with hunger pangs.......a lot of the time, they're just thirst pangs! Stay strong - day at a time.

p.s. love the bars too - weekdays I have one at lunch, and at weekends I have it in the evening with a cuppa or two.

I usually can make one shake last me until I get home from work...never been a breakfast person so the first half packet in half a pint of water (I like them quite thin) and then the second half pack at 12. By 5 pm I am ready for a half pack of soup probably followed by half a coffee shake and then a bar. I think I need to stick to this on the weekends as well, cos I know starting my morning with a bar was a big mistake.

I also realise that I havent had my usual amount of water. At work I have a litre bottle with me that I glug during the morning, then is refilled and drank in the afternoon. Right, back to usual schedule tomorrow and not to worry. I have just had a pint of weak green tea and the hunger is abating
Phew!

I don't have the bars very often usually only when I have to go overseas with my job. I tend to drink a lot more when I have them.

I picked up a good tip on here. Get a few different flavours & chop each bar into pieces & share the pcs between different bags & then pop them in the freezer. They last longer & like a lucky dip as you don't know which flavour chunk you're gonna put in your mouth! :) xx

Glad its getting better for you. I'm off bars at the moment too, as I love them too much & dont trust myself!

Yep, tried the bars for the first time this week. Thought the Caramel one was gorgeous, with a cup of coffee, but sadly they are very moreish, could have easily have eaten two or three on the trot, and they don't fill me up as much as the shakes. In a way I am pleased i have run out as I only got 3 to try. Going to only get about 3/4 a week in future, as a treat, and save them for the evenings, definitely. Having them earlier in the day is too tough.

I love the cranberry bar, but also find they start me craving so I am going to without for as long as possible.
Could kill for something savoury this moment though :)

thanks guy!

I am glad it is not just me. I won't have a bar tomorrow. Not being hungry is very important to me, I simply can't do the diet if I am hungry. So a bar of an evening as a treat as usual (if at all). I do like the idea of cutting up several and freezing them....mmmmm with try it. But no bar tomorrow, I need to be solidly in ketosis to face the week ahead

I found the same yesterday but it was mid afternoon before i ate anything so had a bar and a tetra together - heavenly!

But then im guna have a bar later so il let you know, but i drink lots of water anyway!

am having a lazy morning lying in bed and not going for a walk as planned!
have had a pint of water and am 'bout to get my bum downstairs for a coffee. not hungry, but do feel like I will need something soon. But no bars for me today....however am a mid week weigher, and my scales say I am now 15.8, am happy bunny. And I am so glad my friend ketosis has come back!!!!

I really like the malt toffee & caramel ones but I only have them at night - especially if I've had a super bad day at work.

Cant say that I notice they make me hungry, I just glug down the water constantly anyway.

Caramel is my definite fav, especially with a cup of coffee......but I could easily eat two in one go! So I find rationing myself works. I cut it in half, and put the other half away, with my afternoon coffee and then I have the other half to look forward with my coffee after "dinner". I have managed to stick to this for a few days now.

I decide last week not to have anymore bars for this very reason, after eating 2 in one sitting a couple of weekends ago i going to give them a miss, they tempt me into the kitchen and scream 'eat me'.lol

Really odd as I also have a box in the kitchen of mini mars, snickers etc and they dont bother me at all.

I love the bars but I do find that they make me feel hungry. Therefore I only have 1 occasionally if I am going out and cant make up a shake.

This is a great idea - my favourite!!

I don't have the bars very often usually only when I have to go overseas with my job. I tend to drink a lot more when I have them.

I picked up a good tip on here. Get a few different flavours & chop each bar into pieces & share the pcs between different bags & then pop them in the freezer. They last longer & like a lucky dip as you don't know which flavour chunk you're gonna put in your mouth! :) xx

I LOOOOVE THE BARS THIS WAY.

I chops up very very small and my day would be i'm on 790
b- 1 shakes
ms - coffee and 4 squares of my bar
l - soup or shake
as - 1/2 hot shake and 4 squares of my bar
as - zero sugar lemonade or coffee/ buillion drink
d- meal as directed
es - rest of frozen bar bits (usually half a bar left) and other 1/2 of hot shake

Bren
X

I have had to stop buying the bars as I find that I am eating them as a snack instead of as a meal! I just don't find them filling enough. Good idea about chopping them up and putting them in the freezer, butI'd still eat them as a snack!

Theresa x

I've found that I can only have the peanut & cranberry ones as they take ages to chew. The toffee, caramel & orange that I've tried so far are just too much like treats. Although orange is definitely my fave so far!

I'm going to try chopping them up and freezing them next week, good tip!

Back