Does anyone else get this?

I read something recently where a single childless woman said she got so sick of aged relatives asking her whether "she'd be next" at weddings and christenings that she started to return the favour and ask them whether they though they'd be next at funerals!
Harsh but I bet it shut them up!
xx

My mum and partners dad keep asking when were going to get married and I keep telling them when we can afford, but to be honest I don't see what difference it makes anyway. Lo has a mummy and daddy that love her lots, we have a house, a car, I'm at uni and he works full time. Any extra money we have I'd rather went on holidays and days out, not on something that will in no way enhance our lives!

todays latest jibe at me was as i sat down for morning tea break -i had 1 slice (of white bread) and a small butter. (there was no brown bread in the canteen so i'd call it my hex b and the butter i'm allowing 6syns)

so i sat down and when she saw me and what i had she said 'oh, thats not good for you' - to which i explained that i could have it,it's counted for. she wasn't too chuffed.

later on she asked me 'kebabs- they wouldn't be too high on sw would they?' - she was a bit shocked at my reply but seriously,this woman doesn't have a clue...she seems to think that because there's chilli and garlic in kebab sauce - that it's not very high and that if you choose chicken it's less..... i don't know what kebab place she frequents but i think she's deluded....

She obviously doesn't know how it works and what she is able to eat. I'm starting to feel sorry for her, I think she is lying to herself, especially if she isn't losing. This is probably the reason why she feels the need to pick on you. Rise above it and see it as an opportunity to educate the poor sod.

jellyfish81 said:
todays latest jibe at me was as i sat down for morning tea break -i had 1 slice (of white bread) and a small butter. (there was no brown bread in the canteen so i'd call it my hex b and the butter i'm allowing 6syns)

so i sat down and when she saw me and what i had she said 'oh, thats not good for you' - to which i explained that i could have it,it's counted for. she wasn't too chuffed.

later on she asked me 'kebabs- they wouldn't be too high on sw would they?' - she was a bit shocked at my reply but seriously,this woman doesn't have a clue...she seems to think that because there's chilli and garlic in kebab sauce - that it's not very high and that if you choose chicken it's less..... i don't know what kebab place she frequents but i think she's deluded....

Chicken kebabs actually aren't that bad tho!!

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

My mum and partners dad keep asking when were going to get married and I keep telling them when we can afford, but to be honest I don't see what difference it makes anyway. Lo has a mummy and daddy that love her lots, we have a house, a car, I'm at uni and he works full time. Any extra money we have I'd rather went on holidays and days out, not on something that will in no way enhance our lives!

The best answer I ever heard to the "when are you going to . . . " question was "six months after the last person asks me/us 'when are you . . '"

Back