Does anyone else have a problem with the bars?

skinikki

Silver Member
I started on the bars 2 wks ago but found they made me really bloated and I had painful trapped wind! Have stopped having them now and feel much better. Couldnt really narrow it down to a particular flavour but wandered if they have the same effect on anyone else? Shame really cos I really like them and they are very convenient.

I found the same hun, but have now split the bars so half at 6 ish and other half bout 11ish..... as i dont keep sensible hours like most on here, that sees me through lol

might try that as they are really convenient at work. Think I will stick to the cranberry and the peanut flavour as they are more cereal based and less calories than the others!!

ive not had them yet cdc says they might kick me out of ketosis.

I got a bit windy after them:eek: and also found they kicked me out of ketosis:cry:

They are yummy:)

I can't have the bars (I love the peanuts ones:cry:) as they knock me out of ketosis. I also did get trapped wind if I had the peanut or cranberry ones as I believe they have a higher fibre content than the other bars.

Thanks guys, think I will give them a miss unless I am really desperate. Glad to know I am not alone. x

Yep same here. I only like the peanut flavour but goodness do they give me severe problems in the wind department, not to mention my stomach blows up like a balloon.

I try to avoid them now completely, unless for some reason i think they're the only convenient option.

Yes I've noticed that I am windier (what a lovely girl I am!) but they are so handy and yummy that I persevere. Gets better though.

I am very windy pops but i dont have my bar till 7pm and im windy all day lol must just be me

Yep, the mannitol based bars give me terrible trapped wind but I am ok with the peanut and cranberry (soya based).
BTW - correct me if I am wrong but ALL the packs take you out of ketosis for a short time as they contain carbohydrates, the bars for slightly longer perhaps as the carb content is higher. If your body has access to carbs it will use them first as this is the human body's default metabolic pathway so there is little point in testing your wee within 1-2 hours of ingesting a pack.

Tina

My two favourite were peanut and cranberry bars and they both gave me wind. Lush:drool::drool::drool:
BTW - correct me if I am wrong but ALL the packs take you out of ketosis for a short time as they contain carbohydrates, the bars for slightly longer perhaps as the carb content is higher. If your body has access to carbs it will use them first as this is the human body's default metabolic pathway so there is little point in testing your wee within 1-2 hours of ingesting a pack.

You are perfectly right Tina.

What I was meaning by kicking me out of ketosis in this instance is that the bars activated my cravings and hunger pangs...which does not happen on the packs while on SSing.

Love Mini xxx

mini, they definitely do not fill me up as much as the other packs so I know what you mean. I find if I have one for breakfast, I spend the rest of the day feeling hungry - this is probably psychological but it is a pain in the a...
I have just read on another thread that 3 packs and 1 bar per day is > 60 g carb; now I am carb sensitive and I will need to see at the end of this week if it is affecting my weight loss. I did Lighterlife for many months and my loss was only marginally better with no bars but CD is higher in calories and in carbs so this may affect my loss.

Tina

Back