Does anyone else of a 'certain' age feel like they live on a rollercoaster?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Barb, 10 January 2008 Social URL.

1. Barb

Barb Gold Member

Healthy eating/Food diary
    I think I may be going mad.:eek:Just thought I'd mention it in case there is anyone else feeling similarly.

I am 49, had a hysterectomy when I was 30 so have no 'physical' signs to tell me where I am at. However my GP said last year that a blood test suggested I may be starting the menopause. Great!:p

My mood swings are absolutely phenomenal; I am either so happy i could burst or so miserable I could cry or so angry I want to kill someone, preferably myself.:eek:

I feel constantly worried and anxious; I know I feel better when busy but then often feel overwhelmed by what needs doing.

I feel such a spoilt b**ch at times as I know I am so lucky. Lovely husband (30 year anniversary this year and still love him to bits), 4 gorgeous children who have grown up lovely. Delicous grandaughter that I adore. No money problems. Worries about elderly parents but then I know I'm lucky to still have them to worry about.

So, is there anyone out there who feels the same. If there is I will feel comforted but sorry for you. If there isn't it will confirm what I suspected. I am indeed barking mad!:eek:
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Hedgemag

Hedgemag Cambridge Diet Counsellor

You are certainly not mad Barb.

I am 52 and what you describe is me down to a are not alone.
  4. Rebelheart57

Rebelheart57 Member

Hi Barb,

Count me in!!! I am 50.
  5. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - Step 1

That's me - in the red :sigh:
  6. Barb

Barb Gold Member

Healthy eating/Food diary
    Thank you so much. That does help! It really is infuriating to feel your own personality changing, I feel comforted to know I am not alone but do wonder how long I am going to feel like this.

I used to get PMT, just a bit most months and the MEGA once or twice a year. This feels like MEGA almost all the time.

The really confusing bit is the euphoria. I mean it's nice but I'd prefer middle of the road really. It would be less confusing for my poor family too!

You look cute in red RD!
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.