Does anyone else sabotage themselves when around their family.

Chubby chick 2023

Silver Member
I can do really well (I have done really well) and can control my food to exactly what suits me - until I spend time with my family (mainly mum and sister). I don't know why, they're not 'feeders' or anything, but I think it's just that family dynamic where I'm the fat one with no self control and they are the slim ones with complete control, and I just find myself eating everything in sight.

They never congratulate me or comment on my weight (Have recently lost 2 stone - they have said nothing about it). Why can't I relax around food around them?!

Have you ever spoken to them about how you feel?

You might find airing what you've been holding on to be exactly what you need to change that narrative. Because you are not the fat one with no control, that's an old story that doesn't belong to you anymore.

I can do really well (I have done really well) and can control my food to exactly what suits me - until I spend time with my family (mainly mum and sister). I don't know why, they're not 'feeders' or anything, but I think it's just that family dynamic where I'm the fat one with no self control and they are the slim ones with complete control, and I just find myself eating everything in sight.

They never congratulate me or comment on my weight (Have recently lost 2 stone - they have said nothing about it). Why can't I relax around food around them?!

Girl I feel you. When I'm away from my family I'm SO in control and I notice I break a lot when I'm around family and Its worse during Hollidays. Like right now. I wasn't as good as I could be. I'm not going to beat myself up for it. But I'm going to try better each day and that's what's really important. What I found is when every time I'm with family and I feel the control slipping I excuse myself and low key give myself a pep talk. It freaking works! Or I text a friend and I really listen to my body, I enjoy life and its goodies but I remember I am in control and they will love me no mater if I have a little bite or not. And I'm Italian so food is the center of our family lol You change that dynamic beautiful because you still have that self control but when your with family we assume or former rolls. Hell I'm a CEO and I still do this every now and then. YOU CAN DO IT> YOU ARE STRONG AND BEAUTIFUL AND YOU ARE THE ONE WITH THE CONTROL!
( not yelling at all I just want to let you know your a powerful and strong woman :) )

Back