Does anyone else think...

xbrollyx

...that no matter what they weigh, they will never be happy??

I'm back down to 9stone exactly, beyond my target weight of 9stone 4lbs but not at all happy with how I look. (I'm only 5foot though!)

Maybe I'm imagining my body before children and that goal is un achievable.

Does anyone else think they wil never be happy?

Am I being a typical woman?lol

After many years I am now satisfied - weigh the same as you at 5.3" and size 12. Decided it was the weight I wanted and going to be satisfied - love getting size 12 of the hanger in shops. Would like to be 8st.13 thought just to say 8 stone something. :D

Sometimes.

But for me I know that while I'm concentrating on my weight the thing that makes me unhappy is not something I can actually change (body structure). I was never really happy with the way I looked as a thin, sporty person but I clung to the fact I was thin and sporty. It let me smother the unhappy element because I was, at the very least, good at sports!

I'm aware enough to know that even if I eventually get down to my previous 'ideal' of 52 kilos I won't be happy, not unless I work on how I view myself as well as the actual fat. I'll always want a thinner waist (not going to happen, no matter how much weight is lost), and a 'lighter' structure overall. As I've always had thick wrists, ankles, and shoulders that cause strangers to comment that I must be a swimmer (I was, but boo, boo to them) I'm always going to be more of a heavyweight cob than Arabian :(. Once my head gets to grips with that, I'm sure I'll be happy.

Maybe.

Having always been quite overweight, my happiness is not linked to my weight or appearance. Well it is, but in reverse i.e. when I'm happy I take care of my apperance etc...

Focus on the things in your life that should bring you actual happiness rather than a number on the scale or washboard abs. They're all fleeting anyway!!

I completely agree!
I remember being 10'2 a size 10 and being on every diet and exercise plan thinking how FAT I was!

NOW 14 stone! This is FAT! And I'm still desperately trying!

My main concern is how I focus on lbs and sizes instead of how i feel and look!
My goal is to look and feel good! Forget the size on the tag and scales x BUT can I!!!

Back