Does anyone else use the same healthy extras

louisehj

Since starting SW at the beginning of Jan I have only had bread once and that was at a friends house. I always use my b choice on oat so simple, weetabix or 2 alpen light bars. My A choice has always been used by milk. If I am not having a lot of milk (if I have not had ceereal) I may have 1 or 2 laughing cow light triangles.

Do you think this is ok, as i dont want to spend money on bread that will go to waste or cheese that will go to waste. I must admit I do not feel bloated since cutting out bread.

Thanks

If I remember rightly there was a conversation on here last spring or summer where a lot of people reported how less bloated they feel by cutting out bread.

I agree it's not worth spending money on stuff you'll only have a small bit of before it goes stale.

Hi,
I agree with SuePat - if you're not missing it and it makes you feel better (and you're obviously losing weight), then why buy it?

One thing that I like about SW is that you seem to try out different combinations and quickly identify what works/doesn't work for you.

Enjoy that less bloated feeling:D

I feel strongly that you should have variety in everything including HEs. What i do is to keep the loaf of bread in the freezer and only take out slices as and when I need them. They are fine for toasting from frozen or for making sandwiches as the bread defrosts over the morning and it also keeps the filling chilled. Hard cheese can usually aalso be frozen - I do this particularly with parmesan which can be so expensive and then just grate it from frozen.

You certainly don't have to have bread but remember that there is a very long list of HEBs not just porridge and cereal bars

I feel strongly that you should have variety in everything including HEs. What i do is to keep the loaf of bread in the freezer and only take out slices as and when I need them. They are fine for toasting from frozen or for making sandwiches as the bread defrosts over the morning and it also keeps the filling chilled. Hard cheese can usually aalso be frozen - I do this particularly with parmesan which can be so expensive and then just grate it from frozen.

You certainly don't have to have bread but remember that there is a very long list of HEBs not just porridge and cereal bars

yeah i do that to! but i use different cereal bars, bread, crisp breads and cereals. i went out last night and boght loads of variety!!

I tend to have WW wholemeal bread/nimble.
42g all bran, 28g oats, 4 ryvita or 2 alpen lights.
I usually mix my milk allowance with Laughing cow light triangles.

Never had soups or canned fruit etc as a HEB because I would want bread with my soup!!!

you sound exactly like me! i have 2 weetabix and 250mls of semi skimmed milk everyday apart from the weeked! I know there are alot of other choices but i can't be doing weighing out 28g of cereal every morning (i eat in work you see) - at the weekends i used my milk HE in brews and fill up in the morning on the free food (fav at the minute is WW sausages which are 0.5 syn each, lean bacon and a fried egg) ..still not figured out what to use the other HE for though ... I am getting bored now i have to say

ps i cut out bread aswell, its amazing how less bloated i feel !

Thanks all, I do feel a lot less bloated by cutting out bread. we only have a very small freezer but may look into buying a 400g loaf and freezing it in individual portions. I may even try the wholemeal pittas from ASDA which is now a B choice.

I have just had another look at the healthy extras list again to see if there is anything else I may like. I had forgotten about the soups which aren't bad but I have recently take to making homemade soup which is completely free and contains superfree foods plus one or two potatoes. I'm not really a lover of cooked fruit apart from rhubarb but then it has to be covered in lashings of custard, so I think I had better leave that one alone.

Do you like the dried apricots? I use them sometimes if I want something sweet. And if I don't fancy anything else then I will use a tablespoon of olive oil to fry with, makes a nice change from frylight!

Mon-Fri always the same for me.
HEA - 350ml milk - 4 Laughing Cow Triangles
HEB - 2 Alpen Light Bars - 4 Ryvita

Seems to be doing OK for me.

However - you are mixing your HEA. As far as I know - you cannot have 1/2 HEA as milk (175ml) and 1/2 HEA as Laughing Cow Extra Light Triangles (3) - and then still have another HEA on green/original.

No i dont like apricots. I know what you are saying about olive oil but I would much rather spend my HE on 2 alpen light bars when those "have to have something sweet moments" attack.:17729:

If I hit a plateau then I will look at mixing up my HEs, until then I will continue doing as I have done so far.

I have mostly cut out sliced bread, but do keep some in the freezer.

When looking to switch my heb's around I add a can of green lentils to a lamb stew I make in the slow cooker, to be honest I never know they are there and i'm not a big lover of pulses, but its a great extra way of getting them in.

It will depend upon which day you are doing I suppose, I am mainly red, but when I do an occassional green day I like to have my allowance of sunflower seeds as a heb, they are lovely :D you can eat them as a snack or toast them to put on a pasta dish or salad.

Yep i have same every day nearly

the same every day is 1 A which is my milk allowance, other A is mainly mozerella or milk again
B's always a hifi bar at night as for my chocolate fix, other B is either wholemeal pitta bread, crackerbread, and potatos when doing red :)

I don't have the exact same HEs everyday but I only have a few different ones, HEBs I have are mainly bread, Weetabix or porridge. Occasionally I have Alpen lights as an emergency breakfast when I'm running late. My HEAs are always either milk and/or laughing cow light. I rarely use it on hard cheeses... 90% of my diet as a whole is extra easy so I don't have much choices to begin with lol. However I do love nuts so I might have to incorporate a few green days :D

Since starting SW at the beginning of Jan I have only had bread once and that was at a friends house. I always use my b choice on oat so simple, weetabix or 2 alpen light bars. My A choice has always been used by milk. If I am not having a lot of milk (if I have not had ceereal) I may have 1 or 2 laughing cow light triangles.

Do you think this is ok, as i dont want to spend money on bread that will go to waste or cheese that will go to waste. I must admit I do not feel bloated since cutting out bread.

Thanks

OP, I could have written this myself lol. I almost always use my A as milk even if it means having a small drink of it in the evening with my curly wurly. But I normally use it for my breakfast during the week with my B. My B is generally All Bran, Porridge or Weetabix. If I use bread or a pitta , I usually have to syn them (but I have also noticed how rarely I feel bloated nowadays). One day at the weekend I will generally have a syn-free fry-up. After a fry-up last weekend, I used my A and B in a new way for me... I discovered how nice a toasted wholemeal pitta is (split in two) with the new laughing cow blue cheese spread inside. It was gorgeous. I may make that an occasional breakfast during the week too....

I tend to use the same, I've not been on SW long though. I use skimmed milk, cheese, shredded wheat and nimble bread

I usually always have the same! Usually have weetabix, porridge or crunchy bran for my b's or bread sometimes. And A is always either both milk or 1 on milk and 1 on 28g cheese :D

Oat so simple

I am looking for variety in breakfasts. Does any flavour oat so simple count as a healthy extra?
Also, started having smoothies for breakfast, filling and lets me have bread for lunch if I want it. Blending the fruit doesn't change it from a free food does it?

I tend to have milk or 2 baby bels for hex a and alpen bars, mini ryvita or the currant type ryvita for my hex b.

Back