Does anyone ever carry sins over?

Paul_Farnham_uk

hiya guys,

I have my weigh in on Saturday mornings so this last week being my first, i decided to have an entirely syn free day on Friday.

My question is this, does anyone do this but then use some of the excess syns the following day?

Eg 0 syns friday but maybe 25 on saturday as a treat?

I carry syns over from day to day if i don't use them. Theres usually not any left but if i have 5 or 6 left i will carry them over to the next day so if I want/need to use them they are there.

I will only carry over one day, so if today I only use 5 I will carry over 10 for tomorrow if I only use 5 tomorrow I only carry over 10! This works for me.
Unless I know I have a 'do', in which case I will carry over one weeks leftover syns.

And does doing this not affect your losses?

I will tell you why i ask, i did this on saturday and had a treat because i hadnt used my friday syns and i weighed in this morning expecting to either have had a small gain or a sts but in fact my weight had dropped significatly and im a bit confused about it lol

Some people can get away with saving syns some can't.
I'm a firm believer that a bit of a treat seems to give your metabolism a bit of a kick start but, again, it works for some and not others.

I will tell you why i ask, i did this on saturday and had a treat because i hadnt used my friday syns and i weighed in this morning expecting to either have had a small gain or a sts but in fact my weight had dropped significatly and im a bit confused about it lol

I know its difficult not to do, but try not to weigh yourself until your WI day, or if you do just ignore it! Peoples weights fluctuate enormously throughout the day & week & you wont get a true reflexion of your actual official weight.
There are many healthy debates on here about weighing daily & carrying over your Syns, but you have to do whats best for you. Personally, as you've just started I would follow SW official guidelines :)

I have never thought of doing this but it does make sense, I find that if I have a bad day I just try and think must be better next day, but I suppose if I carry the syns over this would make more sense and I might not feel as bad :)

its never affected my weight loss doing it that way. I did it the other weekend and lost. its when i lower my syns i seem to stay the same (my body seems to like to do the opposite of what you would expect). Yeah but as long as i don't go "ooo gonna use all my 105 syns today and none the rest of the week" it tends to work out ok. Like a said i saved 10 for the saturday carried them over to the sunday as i was going out and i still lost 1lb (good for me that).

What kind of "sins" are you talking about? ;)

Personally I stick to my 5-15 a day & don't carry them over.

Did you worry having syns on the Friday would affect your weigh in?

I carry syns over to the weekend most times and it doesn't hinder my losses even though i know strictly your not really meant too

I would normally save my syns for fri or a sat night. But I've noticed that in a week were I used my 5-15 syns daily I lost more than I did in weeks where I'd have syn free days and use them up on a night out.

I check at my weigh ins and I was told it was ok to save my syns for a night out but by using my syns daily it helps boost my metabolism (like Pepsi77 said.)

So most of the time I try daily but I always end up having to save them. Curse the weekend and people wanting me to go out!!!

No, i prefer to use mine daily. Stops me losing control and having a blow out :)

I save mine if i have a big night out i will keep them really low all week it all evens itself out eventually.XX

Mr Paul in Farnham - are you actually in Farnham? The reason I ask is that I live close enough to come round and smash your scales to bits if necesary. I probably also know your SW consultant & I will tell on you for sneaky peaking. No messing.

Consider your wrists slapped :D

Anyway, the offical answer varies depending on your consultant. Mine says no saving,. Patchworks says yes, save them. However, the sensible way is to have 5 syns a day at least. If you then choose to save 10 and have 25 the next day, then thats up to you. But be warned that some people (me, I'm jealous of you all, its not fair) just cannot get away with syn saving at all.

It is not good for you (mentally and physically) to have no syns in a day. There are 2 reasons. 1) Deprivation - when you eat none, and the eat some you tend to go over board as a result. 2) You NEED the fat in the syns. SW is so low fat that if you don't have it you could be limiting your ability to absorb certain vitamins.

I would also encourage you to have a 'treat' after weigh in regardless of how you actually do at weigh in. When I weighed in on Tuesday evening mine was a bourneville bar before I changed weigh in day. Within my daily syns, but not overboard, and a definite treat. Now it differs as I weigh in on a saturday morning. I might go to the Harvester & use some syns there, or measure out 100mls of vodka & drink that in the evening with some friends round. But I do it regardless so I am not rewarding or punishing yourself

Hi,

In fact no i am not in Farnham any more but i was then i first registered for the forums.

I in fact live and go to SW in Godalming now, as for the sw consulatant in Farnham if you do know here poor you as if its still the same one shes a cow and noone liked her lol

Thanks for all the responses btw guys appreciated!

Mr Paul in Farnham - are you actually in Farnham? The reason I ask is that I live close enough to come round and smash your scales to bits if necesary. I probably also know your SW consultant & I will tell on you for sneaky peaking. No messing.

Consider your wrists slapped :D

Anyway, the offical answer varies depending on your consultant. Mine says no saving,. Patchworks says yes, save them. However, the sensible way is to have 5 syns a day at least. If you then choose to save 10 and have 25 the next day, then thats up to you. But be warned that some people (me, I'm jealous of you all, its not fair) just cannot get away with syn saving at all.

It is not good for you (mentally and physically) to have no syns in a day. There are 2 reasons. 1) Deprivation - when you eat none, and the eat some you tend to go over board as a result. 2) You NEED the fat in the syns. SW is so low fat that if you don't have it you could be limiting your ability to absorb certain vitamins.

I would also encourage you to have a 'treat' after weigh in regardless of how you actually do at weigh in. When I weighed in on Tuesday evening mine was a bourneville bar before I changed weigh in day. Within my daily syns, but not overboard, and a definite treat. Now it differs as I weigh in on a saturday morning. I might go to the Harvester & use some syns there, or measure out 100mls of vodka & drink that in the evening with some friends round. But I do it regardless so I am not rewarding or punishing yourself

Paul_Farnham_uk said:
Hi,

In fact no i am not in Farnham any more but i was then i first registered for the forums.

I in fact live and go to SW in Godalming now, as for the sw consulatant in Farnham if you do know here poor you as if its still the same one shes a cow and noone liked her lol

Thanks for all the responses btw guys appreciated!

I hope for your sake that the consultant you are referring to isnt friends with Kingleds and doesn't come on here! As that wouldn't be very nice for her to read now would it!! Lol

Back