Does anyone ever have a night off?

sandyblack

Hi everyone,

Ive got a party and dinner coming up - does anyone ever have a 'night off' and then get straight back on to SS the day after? Does this massively affect weight loss?

Thanks
xxxx

I have tried that in the past, but never managed to get back on track.

It is very very very difficult to get back into it when you take yourself out of ketosis and start eating again. It keeps me on track anyway as I know that if I mess up, lord knows how long it will take me to get back on again (if ever!)

Here's what happens to me:
Go off the diet for a night
Try to get on again the next day, fail and say I will start again after the weekend.
Try again Monday and fail - then eat everything in sight because I know I won't be able to tomorrow.
Repeat on Tuesday
Repeat on Wednesday
Repeat on Thursday
I cant diet on a Friday, lets wait till Monday.
Spend the weekend eating EVERYTHING that I could possibly want and treat myself as I will miss it when I am back on CD.
Monday - Repeat the above week.

At some point I give up trying to get back on and go to WW or SW, and then because I don't lose fast enough I give up come off it, eat like a horse and then try CD, and repeat the above week yet again.

Next thing I know, I am heavier than I have ever been :sign0007: :cry:

Perhaps some people manage it better than I do, but I know that personally, I just can't get away with it.

Good luck whatever you decide :)
xxx

I agree with EVERYTHING Kirsty Alley 2 has just said!!
If you do it, good luck, but for me, it's just not worth it. You will have loads of lovely meals out to enjoy once you have reached your goal. With the added bonus of feeling fabulous rather than worrying about it! Good luck xx

hi there , i take a day of every friday and i treat my self at kfc large of course , friday is also my weigh day and because i know i have a whole week again to be good it dosent bother me i have no trouble and lose 2 pounds every week . i couldnt do this without a treat every week

I agree with Kirsty, in taking a night off all you'll do is make it harder on yourself and you'll slow your weight loss down even if you do manage to get straight back on track.

This is the last time I do this diet simply because those first 3 days are hell. Why would you plan to put yourself through that?

Best of luck with whatever you decide.

Definately not. I don't want to go through those initial 4 days again if I can help it. I've been to all sorts of days/nights out and stick to fizzy water.

Ive done it a few times and have had no problems. I wouldnt do it for a treat or anything but if Im going to a £200 a night hotel as a treat then Im NOT just drinking water lol

Ive had a few carbs during the day to sort the ketosis out, then have had dinner and drinks at night. Ive then got back on my packs the next morning (no fancy breakfast or anything) I found that personally I was back in ketosis within about 48 hours and most surprisingly it had little or no impact on my loss that week.

It is however a decision only you can make. Ive been lucky that Ive got back on track straight away but I do know for some people that its the beginning of the end VLCD wise...

hi there , i take a day of every friday and i treat my self at kfc large of course , friday is also my weigh day and because i know i have a whole week again to be good it dosent bother me i have no trouble and lose 2 pounds every week . i couldnt do this without a treat every week

...but looking at Glenda's other post, she's doing Slimming World. :)

It's a whole different ball game coming off Cambridge for a day. :sigh:

My experience is much more like Kirsty's...

I had one day off due to family getting togther. To be honest, I ate, but did not enjoy the food at all. As I just felt guilty!!
That week I lost 2lbs.

But I was starving for the next few days trying to get back into ketosis. I did it.... but wont go through that again!!

Im now in my 3rd week and going strong!!

I don't take days off mainly because first time round I had a notoriously strict LLC and her words and lectures have always stuck with me. Also - I don't have the willpower to get back on the wagon. I'm a hard nut when I'm 4 weeks into a diet - you could wave a lamb chop under my face right now and I wouldn't touch it. Cos if I did, I would crave EVERYTHING. Also - dunno about other people, but taking a night off - the food always tastes weird after the second bite...not enough to stop me eating on prior slips, mind, but really weird. And it sits like a stone.

Thanks for everyones advice on this. I did LL in 2009 and did not eat a single thing for 5 months and lost near 5 stone.

After experiencing a VLCD and now understanding that a diet like this does not resolve the long term issues of eating a balanced diet I am better prepared about doing the CD diet this year and then moving onto the WW plan in the summer.

Ive got just over 1 more stone to lose and I went to my big party on Sat eve and had a great night. I didnt watch what I ate particularly - but I didnt have any alcohol whatsoever.

I agree that once youve gone off the plan its v hard to get back on it but what helped me make my decision was the fact that im so near to finishing. I got up Sun morning and was straight back on my packs and drank a lot of water.

Its mon today and its a distant memory now. At least with a planned break from CD you can plan to start right back on it, no excuses.

Im not saying that this will work for everyone - I think its a really personal decision. Im happy to have had a messy journey on CD as its a means to and end and it will soon be over. On LL my counseller was VV strict and the thought of eating never entered my head so I never had to display any control. Which left me totally unprepared for eating food again and not being able to stop!!

Again thanks for everyones advice! Ive had my tetra this morning and feel great. My next weigh in isnt until 10 days time as ive got laser eye surgery this week so cant drive through. So my Sat night experience will not matter in the scheme of things.

Good luck everyone! will post what I have lost in 10 days. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now!!!

xxx

Back