Does anyone find drinking water makes them feel much better?

debtin

Gold Member
I have started to up my water intake, aim for at least 2 litres per day and i have noticed how much better i feel. Wish i had done this sooner - i gather drinking water can aid weight loss? sure i read it before. Anyway just wanted to share ;)

it can aid weight loss as it flushes your system but it is also good for stress too apparently it eases it, i drink loads

I should drink more, but i find more than one bottle of 500ml water bloats me. Might try it next week though see if it boosts my weight loss any.

Yes think that's the difference, feel less bloated. Even after eating bit more pasta than normal I don't feel as bloated as I usually do around time of month so all good

yeah i know it should, i put it down to my body not being used that that much water.

definitely! i get terrible headaches if i don't get enough fluid.. have started having green teas throughout the day now too, as they contain ingredients for fat burning!

I'm making an effort to drink more water as I get water retention on night shifts, i've been told to stop this you have to drink more! Wish me luck, its only my 1st day! x

NO - I have a bladder the size of a peanut & drink more does not help!! ;)

Drinking water doesn't make me feel better, but if I don't drink it I feel bad.

I have always drunk at least 2l a day, I don't have the wonderful skin that water is supposed to give us and the weight doesn't drop off me but I need the water. If I'm busy on a weekend and don't drink as much as I do on a week day I get really bad headaches.

Well it certainly made me feel better this week as I got on the scales:D The only change I made to my overall intake this last week was that I made sure I drank 1l of water extra every day. Needless to say I shall be continuing to do that.

Well seems like water can do harm so will continue to keep having more. I agree about headaches. I get them a lot but not had any this week. Need make more of effort to drink more on days off tho. Thanks everyone

It also makes you feel more full as sometimes thirst can be mistaken for hunger. I ought to drink much more, but unfortunately I am a bit of a low-calorie drink junkie: yuck! Also, it's annoying to have to keep running to the toilet at work when you're on 2 litres a day!

I had a really good loss for me this week and I am putting it down to upping my water intake. I have started having a mug of hot water when I get the munchies and before meals and it seems to be having a very positive effect on me!
The constant wee-ing does settle down eventually x

I drink loads of water (and less tea now). I certainly feel better for it and my complexion is much better now (very few spots, but maybe thats because I don't eat as much fat now either!)

I really believe that a high intake of water helps with weight loss. I read something somewhere about it speeding your metabolism. I aim for about 2litres a day.

can't say as water has really helped speed up my weight loss...just speeded up the number of times I have to go to the toilet during the day (good job my office is right next to the ladies!)!!! I do feel better in myself though...I don't have water on it's own, I have to have it with NAS squash, unless it's during exercise (I go running on a Sat morning) in which case I'll have water on it's own! Come a long way...I used to have about 4 milky coffees and about 5 cups of tea a day (and a couple of cans of full fat coke!)!...but now I have one WW hot choc sachet in the morning...then drink water (with NAS) all day (about 8 glasses of it!) and a cup of tea at night. Positive step! :D

Back