Does anyone find evenings a problem?

Sunnysmile

Laserbeams set on goal
Hi all,

I don't know how to get my head out of this mode!! To be fair, I haven't cheated at all yet (I'm on Day 9) but I find evenings to be quite a problem. During the day, I have 1/2 shake in the morning and 1/2 shake at lunch, so I theoretically have 2 shakes on an evening. Daytimes are absolutely fine, I feel great!

Today and yesterday have been a bit of nightmare when it comes to finishing work. I've had Tetras on coming home but I so desperately want to eat!! It worries me as I think one day my willpower will give in and I'll spoil what I've achieved so far. I don't really want to go onto SS+ as I think it will make it even harder to stop eating!! :sigh:

I've also started having these little nagging voices in my head saying, "oh, if you feel like this after only 9 days, how will you manage 90?!" It's really annoying!

I can usually see things out, but it's not nice going through the "I WANT FOOOOOD!" hours.

Any tips?

Me xxx

evenings are my worse time aswell. When it comes to food just ask what do you want more lose weigh or eat? its only a 2seconds in your mouth thats all it takes to undo all the good work. I have fat pics on my fridge that really help

becky xx

evenings are my worse time aswell. When it comes to food just ask what do you want more lose weigh or eat? its only a 2seconds in your mouth thats all it takes to undo all the good work. I have fat pics on my fridge that really help

becky xx

Fat pics!! Good idea ... I have plenty of those! :D

I notice from your ticker me and thee have about the same amount to lose Becky... I was faffing around trying to figure out if I lost an average of 4lbs a week how long it would take me to reach goal etc. today.

Even figured out (based on how much I weighed in the past and the clothes size I was at that time) that it takes me on average 27lbs to drop a dress size.

LOL... how sad am I? :cool:

Sunshine, what a great weight loss in your first week!

I too find it a bit hard in the evenings, my husband is cooking chips in the kitchen at present while I am waiting for the hot water to cool down for a nice soup. I'm trying to keep busy (thursday nights are our nights out drinking, takeout) but I am trying to forget about it and on the forums looking for inspiration.

Hold on in there!

Hang in there guys :D

Get in the Arcade, on the threads or look at the inspirational pics :)

yeh evenings are my worse time to i normally call someone for chat or come on computer for a look around lol xx

evenings, arghhh!

yep, me too, evenings arent too good.

Seem to get to about 7pm ish then feel a bit on the hungry side with thoughts of food entering my head. My OH starts on LL tomorrow so at least we can support each other.

Went to see my CDC today to swap some of the soups for shakes as I am not keen on them (only on day 3 so i guess i am being a bit defeatist) she persuaded me to do a motivational weigh in and... 3 1/4 pounds has dropped off (YAY!!) hopefully tuesday mornings weigh in will be an even bigger encouragement.

apia08 - how did u get on with the Ketostix?

debs x

Maybe you could make one of your evening packs into a muffin? Something to chew on, you may feel more like you're having something to eat?

Good luck x

Evenings are the worst for me too! I try and leave 2 shakes so I've got something to look forward too............! X

Maybe you could make one of your evening packs into a muffin? Something to chew on, you may feel more like you're having something to eat?

Good luck x

hiya, thanks for that, i guess i am a little scared that the whole chewing thing may make want to cheat?? dunno if that makes sense, :confused:

i will bear it in mind tho if i get desperate:D

debs x

My worst time is when K goes to bed, 10pm I start to feel the urge. So I either, pick up my cross stitch and keep my hands and brain busy, or I come upstairs and go on the computer. I make sure I bring everything I need with me, so I have no need to go back downstairs.

The evenings are the worst for me too, not helped by the ordeal of cooking dinner and sitting with them while they eat it. I try to prepare for the evenings by downing lots of water in advance so I literally feel bloated. It's difficult but I think that if I hide away when people are eating then I'll always find it difficult, it's my way of training myself that just because others are eating, or food is available doesn't mean that I have to eat. Sometimes it works better than others I admit, and my family never eat anything exciting anymore, so they are all losing weight too because I have to cook things which I wouldn't really want to eat.

I have problems with evenings too. Tonight I made it especially hard for myself by cooking two rounds of fish fingers and chips, first for the kids, then later on again for hubby, plus lots of toast, which I was absolutely desperate to nibble on.

I did pinch a chip or 2 and one mouthful of toast & I think it might have knocked me out of ketosis as I feel starving hungry now.

So yes, I'm not fond of evenings at all....

I have problems with evenings too. Tonight I made it especially hard for myself by cooking two rounds of fish fingers and chips, first for the kids, then later on again for hubby, plus lots of toast, which I was absolutely desperate to nibble on.

I did pinch a chip or 2 and one mouthful of toast & I think it might have knocked me out of ketosis as I feel starving hungry now.

So yes, I'm not fond of evenings at all....

You'll learn not to cook anything tempting :) and certainly don't pick on the carbs that's fatal :D With a bit of luck you won't have done much damage, drink lots of water and tomorrow you'll feel much better.:)

Oh gosh, I used to think I was the only one facing all the horrid evening demons which have caused me to fail time after time, but am glad I'm not alone in that.

Which means that you're not alone either. :) Sweetie, from now on, when it gets really tough at night, just tell yourself, you're not the only one feeling it, and if others can get through, so can you. I'll certainly be telling myself that tonight. :)

Yes! Ive bitten all my nails down too!!
I find freezing a tetra, then having it as ice cream after de thawing for about an hour, really hits that snack spot. Good Luck, you CAN do it :)

Im the same the evening is the most difficult, I thikn its cos I still relate to coming home and cooking a dinner. I usually have 1ltr of water in the morning and then a tetra at around 9.30, then I have soup for lunch at around 12.30/1 and then a shake in the evening at around 7 inbetween this I am drinking lots of water. Maybe you need to change around what your having an when?? Maybe your not drinking enough water. When I dfeel the need to eat I have a cup of tea instead or I go out for a walk and that keps me sane!

Hiya guys,

Just a cheeky post to say fankoo for all the replies -- I resisted temptation (even though with much sulking and teeth grinding :D ) and had a sneaky weigh in this morning. According to my scales, I've lost -- wait for it -- 16 POUNDS (!) -- by the morning of Day 11. Woooooooo hoooooo!

To anyone who is struggling, it is worth sticking with it through the tough times!! I promise!!! :scale::party0011:

(A very chuffed with herself) C xxxxxxx

Im on week 5 now, and have lost almost 2 stone, so im thrilled!! i have been naughty a couple of times, and when i feel super hungry or fed up i have a mini babybel light. Perhaps is bad advice and maybe its wrong, but it has almost no fat, no carbs and very few cals. The last 10 days have been seriously difficult, but a change in attitude has helped. I got myself the Paul Mckenna book and i keep repeating the mantra and asking myself if i am honestly hungry or i just wanna pinch because its there. I have also cracked it, that if i have a glass of water every hour the hunger keeps at bay. Also have joined a gym; sundays are the worst for me as they are long, the telly is rubbish and i cant seem to be able to concentrate!! If you cant join a gym go for a walk and think happy thoughts!!!
Good Luck!!

Back