Does anyone find

charlottegrace1

Gold Member
if you eat bread you retain fluid? I seem to. Pasta and other wheat products have no effect on me just bead, and I have even tried out different brands to see if this makes any difference but it doesn't. Its really annoying cos I do love bread, but in another way its good cos I leave it alone and don't over indulge. Just wondered if anyone else has noticed the bread effect and any ideas on why.

i think it's simply carbs that do it for me :( i've had a whole week of red days, and then yesterday i had a green day - pasta, potatoes, mugshots etc... this morning i woke up and my face looks like a puffer-fish's!!! :eek: lol

back to red days for me then! xx

I bloat something chronic with Green Days, but have them every week in order for me to stay interested in the plan. I also find that by having 2 a week around * week helps me resist other things.

Bread does it to me. It also makes my stomach feel all knotted up. I used to think it was wheat but I've noticed it only seems to be flour products that also contain yeast - such as bread and croissants. I'm fine with cakes, pasta, biscuits etc. So I think I'm probably sensitive to yeast. Could that be it for you?

I think there is quite a bit of salt in bread. My high blood pressure has improved loads since I've been on the SW diet but by far the most dramatic change (I monitor my BP at home) happened a few days after I gave up bread.

Now I just don't eat bread, unless it is part of a meal out. It bloats me, pushes up my BP and seems to make me want to eat more. Also, we use bread a lot to create meals (like cheese or meat sarnies) that we could better eat with salad, or jacket potatoes.

Bread does it to me. It also makes my stomach feel all knotted up. I used to think it was wheat but I've noticed it only seems to be flour products that also contain yeast - such as bread and croissants. I'm fine with cakes, pasta, biscuits etc. So I think I'm probably sensitive to yeast. Could that be it for you?

Never thought of the yeast posibility. You may well be right cos like you I am fine with pasta cake, biscuits cereal etc. Thanks, I will put it down to yeast sensitivity.

Yep I have this thing about yeast too! I can get away with about 1 wholemeal roll a week. I feel SO much better without bread, which is a real bummer, cos I love the stuff!

Yep I have this thing about yeast too! I can get away with about 1 wholemeal roll a week. I feel SO much better without bread, which is a real bummer, cos I love the stuff!

Me too, I eat it when I know I shouldn't - and then I pay the price. and of course when I'm curled up in a ball complaining how much my tummy hurts, hubby asks me why I ate the bread and calmly explains to me that I knew this would happen :eek:

Sadly, knowing it will happen doesn't always stop me. :eek:

Back