Does Anyone Have A Non Diet Day Each Week?

catswhiskas

Some people I know have a non diet day once a week and I know on WW it is a norm. Does anyone do it on SW and still lose weight?

i have 1 treat per week saving some syns from previous days but i don't ever do a non counting day...

so say i saved 10syns each day mon-fri o saturday i'd hve a treat day get 65syns for the wholeday.

however its not recomended you do it everyweek as can start affecting weightloss...

some1 at group was going chip shop after large fish/chips/mushy peas something like 60syns..

I have done weightwatchers several times in the past including 3 months at the beginning of this year and I have never heard of having a day off a week and our leader definately did not suggest this....

I think on ww its the wendy plan. You cut way back on your points for a few days then have a day off. Personally I think its an awful idea, but it does seem to work for people. I worry its not good in the longterm though.

I have just started SW again , after having done it about 12 yrs ago , I remember we used to have fish and chips every week after weigh in ...and had very good losses ..... not sure I will do it this time though , although I will not deny myself the odd treat now and again :)

Yeah it is not something I have done but have heard of others doing it. It is just I have a friend coming over tonight and we were going to get a chinese and drink wine and I just can't see me fitting in the syns. I have averaged 7 syns a day (mainly for the butter on my toast and 1 sugar in my tea in the morning, I can't bear sweetener in tea). So don't think I will have saved enough by a long shot. :(

The odd evening treats is different to a day off every week hon, go for it. Just make a decision before hand if you want to go for damage limitation - plan out the lowest syns options and decide before hand EXACTLY what you will eat and drink, or decide to just chill and go off plan for one eve and get right back to it the next day. Whatever works for you hon xx

when i last done sw i had a treat after i got weighed but went right back on the next day and last night i had some haribos and some crisps :)

I went out for an Indian meal last week for my friends birthday, i checked syns before so knew what to have, swapped pilau for bolied rice etc and still managed to have a fab night with some drinks and stay on track!
Hey its all about choices in my opinion x

Yeah, as good as it would be to have a "sod it saturday" every week, I can't see that it would work long term... and plus, SW is a way of life for me now, by going off plan completely once a week it defeats the object...!

That said, I could sure think of a good few ways to spend the syns! xx

Yeah it is not something I have done but have heard of others doing it. It is just I have a friend coming over tonight and we were going to get a chinese and drink wine and I just can't see me fitting in the syns. I have averaged 7 syns a day (mainly for the butter on my toast and 1 sugar in my tea in the morning, I can't bear sweetener in tea). So don't think I will have saved enough by a long shot. :(

If you have boiled rice it is syn free on Extra Easy and Green and then chicken and mushroom is only 5.5 syns, beef chow mein is 8.5 syns, Chicken in Oyster sauce 4.5 syns and then have 2 glasses of wine and you should be fine....

Exactly Greeneyes - Thats the way to handle a meal or night out I think!

Oh no - I wouldn't dare!!

Like someone said above - SW is a way of life for me in our house so I have meals & that all based round SW :)

Wouldn't having a 'day off' a week reinforce a short term fix and not a lifestyle, for life, sustainable choice, something that SW actually is? xx

nope!!!!
i wouldnt dare!!!
my head is in the right place to be doing this 100%,i write everything down,count everything and have in 6 weeks never ever cheated or had extras.
i want to do this as soon as possible and darent do anything to jeopardise my losses!

I got told by my previous consultant that you werent allowed to save your syns for another day. If you dont use your syns for that day then you discount them. she said that for a special occassion you could have 'flexible syns' whereby you gave yourself say 50 syns and once they had all gone then you stop.

Back