Does anyone just so S&S

x_kerry_x

During the week n off plan but healthy at weekends?? I know ur not meant to but I'm asking... Don't reply if ur just gonna criticise the question lol I know ur not meant to but I'm sure some ppl do an still lose!

Hiya, I don't know for sure but I don't think many people do as although you'd lose weight (as your calorie intake for the week would still be low) unless you go low-carb at the weekend you're going to knock yourself out of ketosis each weekend and it wouldn't be much fun having to go through the process of getting back in at the beginning of each week. :)

Also, another reason why it could cause problems is when you go into ketosis, depleting your glycogen stores, that can be a 5lb loss or so. Hense why people usually have such a great loss the first week, as its their glycogen stores becoming empty. If you were to eat any carbs at the weekend, the would fill up again immidietly and the 5lb would come back on.

It would then be a good 2 or 3 days back in plan to get back into ketosis again and the ups and downs of those 5lbs could be discouraging & demoralising to see... Also, on those days where you are not in ketosis, you could be using lean tissue (muscle) as energy, which isn't ideal coz its our lean tissue mass which regulates our metabolism's. in ketosis we're using our fat stores, healthier & less likely to slow your metabolism down as a result so keeping the weight off should be easier...

The idea of doing a VLCD part time isn't dissimilar to the JUDD diet though, so is not unheard of. Have a browse of the JUDD section of minimins as may appeal to you as an option. :)

xx

I was going to suggest looking at JUDDD too, this may suit you more

I think the hardest part is getting into Ketosis, and I know once Im in it, there is nothing in the world I would do to knock myself out of it. Its really hard the first 5 days, and I would hate to go through this again every Monday.

I have done a day off a week and still lost. Like body builders do. I do exercise a lot though. It has worked for me.
I know your not supposed to but , I think its finding what works for yourself. This stops me getting bored. I know about ketosis etc but for me even when I have done it to the letter for weeks I feel hungry at times anyway. So I take a day off and I still have good losses.
I know it may not work for others but thats my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

HI tinkerblone... i knew there was ppl out there that have done it lol. I dont want to stop the diet at all, it seems to be the only one that works for me but i feel like i should reward myself with some food sometimes otherwise like you say, i would get bored! Ppl have unplanned days off etc and i find by reading their posts they eat alot more that what you notmally woudl in having 1 planned day off. I dont find getting back into ketosis that bad as i know when ive come out it only takes me a few days to get back in. Also, if for example... if i hungry on the monday but know im off it on the friday io find i tend to stick to it because its only 4 more days or something. Tempted... lol x

Back