Does Anyone Know....?

Discussion in 'Challenges - Weight Loss & Otherwise!' started by Charisma, 17 June 2008 Social URL.

1. Charisma

Charisma Silver Member

Does anyone know if, being diabetic, i can follow any of the diets mentioned on this forum?? i have been following a strict healthy eating diet and happy to do that. just like to do something for afew weeks to give the boost. can anyone help??

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.33%)
    Hi Charisma,

I got this on the Cambridge Diet Site.

cambridge company history

This information would be applicable for all vlcd's whether it is Lipotrim/LL/CD

"Many of my colleagues have found that by changing from three Cambridge Diet meals per day, to six mini meals the dieter's caloric intake is controlled. We have seen great success with diabetic patients using the Cambridge Diet. Diabetics are cautioned however, not to embark on any diet programme without first consulting their physician. page 135

Those who have Diabetes Type 1 and are taking insulin are contraindicated.

Type 1 diabetics who are taking insulin are contraindicated because of the problems of regulating blood sugar levels. (Page 38)

Source: taken from Questions and Answers The Cambridge Diet by Dr Alan N Howard.

Hope that helps.

Love Mini xxx

4. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    Loads of people with diabetes do Slimming World

5. Charisma

Charisma Silver Member

oh really thats cool. i have tried afew that have been no good. might look into that one :) thank you

6. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    One of my colleagues got free vouchers for SW because of his diabetes!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.