Does anyone weigh themselves everyday?

I don't get necessarily upset, just frustrated if nothing is moving, so I think that's a good enough reason to stop it. I don't want to stress out or get anxious if I can help it!

I weight and note my weight everyday so I know how my weight fluctuates. I never let it affect how I feel about dieting. It has helped when I've had a gain to know if it was a daily blip or an actual gain. The key is, only weigh everyday if it encourages you. If there's any chance of it distracting you from staying on track then it's best to weigh once a week.

I'm a daily weigher, but I find it helps keep me on track. If it shows a gain then it gives me a boot up the backside, and a loss gives me encouragement that I'm doing the right things.
If I'd have weighed myself daily before SW I may not have let my weight get so high before doing something about it!

No way id drive myself mad if i weighed myself everyday!!!

I am a daily weigher as well! I have a SW weigh in on a Wednesday night so my daily weigh in on a Monday morning (after perhaps a little over indulging) is the most important! It gives me a 'smack round the face' to behave and get back on plan!!!

I weigh every day which helps to keep me on track. However I have learnt not to take any notice particularly of the weights. If I have gained, I just keep going as I was (because my weigh definitely fluctuates during the week no matter what I do) and if I have lost it keeps me focused to keep that off. I feel that it gives me confidence that I am doing the right thing.

However I believe that if you will act on the results (either by going off track if you've gained or getting depressed or taking it easy if you've lost) then don't do it. I can see advantages both ways so do what's best for you individually.

Gail x

hey Gail, sorry to ve a pain in the backside..... but.... I'm a bit lost... you said

I weigh every day which helps to keep me on track. However I have learnt not to take any notice particularly of the weights. If I have gained, I just keep going as I was (because my weigh definitely fluctuates during the week no matter what I do) and if I ha

Violetwind said:
Every day . . . Actually if truth be told every time I use the bathroom I see the scales and I just have to get on them. I really am addicted to them.

Pmsl this made me laugh!!!!

I thought I was a compulsive weigher! Haha brilliant!

Debridger said:
.... continued.....

So, if you know it's not correct, and you take no notice - why bother?......
Just curious, that's all

If Gail is anything like me it's just habit and a desire to know, sometimes mid week I may see I gain, but I take no notice in the sense that I wouldn't let it put me off.

I've done a couple of mid week weigh ins and found that my weight fluctuates from day to day so I'm not doing it any more in case the result puts me in a bad mood or gives me false hope, lol.

.... continued.....

So, if you know it's not correct, and you take no notice - why bother?......
Just curious, that's all

No offence taken !

I probably didn't explain myself very well. I take no notice (now that I've learned how much my weight varies) in that I don't panic if I've had a gain when I've stuck to the plan because I know it will come off but equally if I've gained for no reason it makes me determined to be very careful. I think for me it helps to keep me focused in a positive way but doesn't send me off plan if things aren't as I expect.

However I have so many times here seen people who've weighed mid week, seen a gain that they didn't expect and become depressed and headed for the chocolate tin. Clearly that is a negative point and would definitely make me recommend that you don't weigh mid week.

I'm not sure that I've explained myself any better (!) but I know that it helps me. However I can also see that for some it would be quite negative so as kankles (I think) said, each to their own. I just want people to know that there is no right or wrong way of doing things.

Gail x

GUILTY!

"However I have so many times here seen people who've weighed mid week, seen a gain that they didn't expect and become depressed and headed for the chocolate tin."

I weigh daily, cant help it as its become a habit, although if I am away for a weekend or week it doesnt bother me that I cant weigh. I find that if I see a gain even just 1/2lb it keeps me on the straight and narrow.

I weigh myself at home once a week, about 2 hours before class. It sounds strange but I like to be prepared for what i'll see in class. My scales are the same as the ones at group so it is accurate, e.g. last week I was 100% on plan, couldn't have been better really and I maintained.

Was really happy that I had weighed at home first so I knew what to expect when I got to group, otherwise would have ended up being upset there. I try not to do it throughout the week though as my weigh fluctuates so much it wouldn't really be telling me anything :)

Back