Does CD make you feel worse when ill???

Choppygirl

Since Tuesday night I have felt ill and had to come home from work on Wednesday. Since then I have spent the entire time either in bed or on the sofa with the duvet over me. I have had the cold shakes (even tho my body feels hot), non-stop coughing, every bone in my body aching and a constant really bad headache right at the back of my head. I have taken some Beechams All in One which normally does the trick but it just makes me throw up!

I am only just starting to feel better but I still have the very annoying cough and the headache. I was wondering that as we are on VLCD's and have no food in our stomachs does it make you feel worse? I have only had 1 tetra since Wednesday and have not managed to drink much at all (maybe 3 glasses a day). Do you think this is contributing to the headaches?

i would say you are dehydrated but sounds like a bug to me rather than cd although a lot of people say they feel cold and under the weather when they first start hope you feel better soon sorry could not help futher x

Of course it will make you feel worse, especially as you are not even having your 3 packs so you are not getting any nutrients. Common sense rules here I'm afraid. You have got to eat something, albeit toast and some scrambled egg, whatever you can manage, and get back on CD when you are back to full strength.

Back