does coffee count towards water ?

Well that's what I was thinking... if the only downside of caffeine is that we release our glycogen, and we have no glycogen to release, is there cause for concern?

Well, I s'pose there's still the 'dehydrator' bit. But in that case, in theory at least, drinking decaff coffee should count towards the daily fluid intake.

LOL, I guess we could discuss this till the cows come home - but at the end of the day, them's the CD rules...

i just cant drink plain water, i drink roughly 3- 3 1/2 litres a day with flavouring but ony 1 tsp of flavouring in all that, other than that i have a cup of green tea every so often so hope it dont mean just plain water lol

Just to let you know that 'rules' are out (this month) and tea and coffee can be part of the 2.25L fluid.

Hot off the press in the new literature :)

"You can choose any of the following to make up your daily allowance:
Tap water
Still or sparkling bottled watr
coffee (must be black, ordinary or decaffeinated)
tea (must be black)"

The new literature then goes on to state about not having too many caffeine fixes, having various teas, though not from fruit, or the Cambridge water flavourings etc etc

But tea and coffee is definitely allowed now :clap:

I am so pleased as the previous rule may no sense to me knowing what we know now about coffee, caffeine etc. and feel sure this is going to make life so much easier for folks :)

Yay! :bliss:

So glad that Cambridge have been thinking about this one!

(Off to make another cup of tea now :))

Back