Does everyone do AAM or not?

Timetoslim

will achieve target
Hi ya .. just wondered if everyone does add another meal when on TS or not ... I did lipotrim for 5 mths a few years back but we never did aam so just wondered what everyone else thought or did about this one xxx cheers xxx Suzi :):kitty:

I did it at 5 weeks (now on week 7) and I lost 5lbs that week! Will be doing my next one at the end of october as I am away that week and it will be easier if I can eat a little while away :)

Alot of people miss out the aam week.
I think exante have to tell us to have one for legal reasons or something like that.
I will be having a few aam days as I'm going away for a few days soon but after that I wont bother having any.

i dont bother....i just have the odd day here and there if i want / need it but stick to a chicken salad or something high protein / low carb

Hi I have an AAM and had a fab loss that week. Will be splitting it next couple of weeks as some others have said to fit in with social stuff.
If your losses are happening anyway I think its part of the process, week for your body to have a rest from all that activity!

Hi I have an AAM and had a fab loss that week. Will be splitting it next couple of weeks as some others have said to fit in with social stuff.
If your losses are happening anyway I think its part of the process, week for your body to have a rest from all that activity!

Having an AAM week is actually very good for you, it helps the metabolism, keeps it from getting sluggy, gives it a bit of shake up. I've seen people have a greater loss the week after AAM week :)

if im honest im a bit scared to try a whole week of aam... worried it will make me more hungry....worried i will put weight on that week....i kind of like the security of having no choice and just being 100%. maybe next month i will be brave and try it?

ginger&proud said:
if im honest im a bit scared to try a whole week of aam... worried it will make me more hungry....worried i will put weight on that week....i kind of like the security of having no choice and just being 100%. maybe next month i will be brave and try it?

I was a bit scared too - -still am in a way. I do do AAM but never for a whole week. I add a meal when I need to, social, birthdays, work things, feeling bored with the magic packets. Sometimes just because it's Friday!
I always lose more after adding a meal, I can tell by my clothes etc.
I really think it is important to get tuned in and listen to your body. If you crave protein have some protein. If you crave carbohydrates - go for a walk! Protein is very satisfying and it lasts, so a bit of fish, steak, cheese, with some green salad or veg does not do me any harm. Does it slow down weight loss? Not for me, but then I am not in a race. I was fat, very fat for years, now I am going to be slim for ever, however long it takes.

GSQ

Last edited:

I was worried about this at first too. But if you stay within ketogenic safe foods, then you'll stay in keto and your hunger shouldn't change, your physical hunger that is, your mind is a different matter..

The mind likes to play tricks and we have to stay strong and fight those urges. I, like you, love the idea of TS as I don't have to worry about food, but it's just a week and it's a controlled amount, and it really does help your metabolism. I think it would be worth you doing for a week and seeing how you feel at the end of the week and keeping a record of your weight loss for the following 2 weeks after AAM week :)

Back