Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Does everyone do their daily exercise

Discussion in 'Dukan Diet' started by Jade25, 28 August 2011 Social URL.

1. Jade25

Jade25 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(12.89%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Just wondered if everyone does the daily walk and if you don't, has it affected the results? I've been doing what I can but with a 3 year old son and not many babysitters it's gonna be hard to fit it in every day

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. wkdstepmum

wkdstepmum Silver Member

Start Weight:
    10st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(4.14%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    If you have a 3-yr old son that you're running around after that is plenty of exercise!!!

4. CHRISR

CHRISR Gold Member

Diet:
    Low GI
    I try and walk every day depending on this awful weather - just got in from a 2 hour walk with Mr R. Dont know whether it makes a difference but it makes me feel so much better :)

5. curvygirlie

curvygirlie Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st9lb
    Current Weight:
    9st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(13.42%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    IMO i think it definitely increases your weight loss. I exercise almost every day, doing more than the prescribed 20 mins walk. I've lost 8lb in 6 days and I don't have a great deal of weight to lose (compared to some other ladies). I truly believe the extra exercise has contributed to a very surprising (but very welcome) amount of weight lost.

Good luck in your Dukan journey xx

6. xehorus

xehorus Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.11%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    I did not exercise for the first 10 days or so.. then when I noticed that I stalled started walking and it made a huge difference. I don't do it every day, but when I do it I lose more than when I don't, that is for sure. Thankfully I have only a little bit left to lose and I am in no hurry.

Last edited: 30 August 2011
  7. ellie1969

ellie1969 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(19.2%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    ive just started so unsure if it will make a difference or not as im fairly active already with having horses and walking my puppy

8. CC

CC Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st6.2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9.7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6.3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10.5lb(14.06%)
    Diet:
    Dukan Diet
    I walk - power walk - religiously since day one. I have recently encountered a stall after 3.5 months and have added a 30min fitness DVD workout too, Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. I also have a 3 year old and a 6 month old so when 3 year old is at nursery, baby takes a lunchtime nap in
    Pram and I cram in both!!!!! Hard work and time consuming but must. Fit. Into. Old. Jeans!!!!!!!!! :)

9. Maintainer

Maintainer ** Chief WITCH **

Start Weight:
    141kg
    Current Weight:
    69.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    65.0kg
    Lost(%):
    71.7kg(50.85%)
    Diet:
    Self devised
    I think it helps the mindset also, doing a bit of exercise... isn't there a 20 min time when your other half can take over? Or if you get up earlier?

That's how I started my hour walk before work... gradually advancing my alarm clock! Now I sleep far less!

10. Jade25

Jade25 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(12.89%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    My other half is working away at the mo so it's just me at home during the week, I'm gonna just try and be as active as poss when i can't do the walk, maybe march on the spot in front of eastenders!?

11. curvygirlie

curvygirlie Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st9lb
    Current Weight:
    9st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(13.42%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    if you have a Wii or xbox kinect, perhaps use a fitness game? my sis-in-law lost shedloads using Wii fit.

12. CC

CC Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st6.2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9.7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6.3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10.5lb(14.06%)
    Diet:
    Dukan Diet
    Ooh - when i lived in London, my flat mate Watched Enders whilst jumping on a mini trampoline...she lost lots of weight and was very toned in her legs! She got it in Argos, not expensive x

13. Don'tWantToBeFatAnd50!

Don'tWantToBeFatAnd50! Full Member

Start Weight:
    9st5lb
    Current Weight:
    8st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(12.21%)
    Diet:
    Dukon Stabilization
    I bought the EA Sports Active 2 for the Wii (it's the same price for the PS3 too) a while ago for my daughter, will have to dig it out now for me now that I have lost a few pounds.

I only paid £12.85 delivered from The Hut which is a brilliant price as it is £25 in other places (Tesco etc).

EA Sports Active 2 Nintendo Wii | TheHut.com

You get the software, a heart rate monitor/motion tracking device which straps around your arm, a motion tracking device that straps onto your thigh and a resistance band.

You can see your heart rate change on the screen as you exercise :D and there are over 70 exercises to choose from.

EA Sports Active 2 Review - - Page 1 | Eurogamer.net

14. ElbeCC

ElbeCC Member

Start Weight:
    19st4lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(5.93%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    I like the idea of the mini tramp! I used to do that in school when I was trying to strengthen my walls in swimming. Maybe I will go looking for one. I am wondering if it matters that I am using a treadmill and not walking outside? I have two children that I can not leave alone nor can I walk with them (need some peace some time). I started doing the treadmill at night. In just 12 days, I have noticed I need to work harder to get my pulse up to what it used to be within a minute of starting. I have thought about walking to work, it is a doable distance, but there are no side-walks so it is not too safe. Yes I know I have all these excuses as to why I will not walk outside, let me give you one more. I live in Florida. Another exercise I do is going up and down the stairs several times.

I think every bit helps.

15. Maintainer

Maintainer ** Chief WITCH **

Start Weight:
    141kg
    Current Weight:
    69.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    65.0kg
    Lost(%):
    71.7kg(50.85%)
    Diet:
    Self devised
    Absolutely Elbe. It's not necessarily about going to the gym and sweating it out - some of us will never fancy that - but making our lives more active than they once was. My daily walk mightn't necessarily help my weight loss, but it definitely destresses me, and by the time I arrive at work, nothing can faze me as all is sorted and filed away properly in my brain!

Good luck!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.