Does everyone do their daily exercise

Discussion in 'Dukan Diet' started by Jade25, 28 August 2011 Social URL.

1. Jade25

Jade25 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(12.89%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Just wondered if everyone does the daily walk and if you don't, has it affected the results? I've been doing what I can but with a 3 year old son and not many babysitters it's gonna be hard to fit it in every day

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. wkdstepmum

wkdstepmum Silver Member

Start Weight:
    10st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(4.14%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    If you have a 3-yr old son that you're running around after that is plenty of exercise!!!

4. CHRISR

CHRISR Gold Member

Diet:
    Dukan
    I try and walk every day depending on this awful weather - just got in from a 2 hour walk with Mr R. Dont know whether it makes a difference but it makes me feel so much better :)

5. curvygirlie

curvygirlie Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st9lb
    Current Weight:
    9st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(13.42%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    IMO i think it definitely increases your weight loss. I exercise almost every day, doing more than the prescribed 20 mins walk. I've lost 8lb in 6 days and I don't have a great deal of weight to lose (compared to some other ladies). I truly believe the extra exercise has contributed to a very surprising (but very welcome) amount of weight lost.

Good luck in your Dukan journey xx

6. xehorus

xehorus Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.11%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    I did not exercise for the first 10 days or so.. then when I noticed that I stalled started walking and it made a huge difference. I don't do it every day, but when I do it I lose more than when I don't, that is for sure. Thankfully I have only a little bit left to lose and I am in no hurry.

Last edited: 30 August 2011
  7. ellie1969

ellie1969 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(19.2%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    ive just started so unsure if it will make a difference or not as im fairly active already with having horses and walking my puppy

8. CC

CC Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st6.2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9.7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6.3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10.5lb(14.06%)
    Diet:
    Dukan Diet
    I walk - power walk - religiously since day one. I have recently encountered a stall after 3.5 months and have added a 30min fitness DVD workout too, Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. I also have a 3 year old and a 6 month old so when 3 year old is at nursery, baby takes a lunchtime nap in
    Pram and I cram in both!!!!! Hard work and time consuming but must. Fit. Into. Old. Jeans!!!!!!!!! :)

9. Maintainer

Maintainer ** Chief WITCH **

Start Weight:
    141kg
    Current Weight:
    69.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    65.0kg
    Lost(%):
    71.7kg(50.85%)
    Diet:
    Self devised
    I think it helps the mindset also, doing a bit of exercise... isn't there a 20 min time when your other half can take over? Or if you get up earlier?

That's how I started my hour walk before work... gradually advancing my alarm clock! Now I sleep far less!

10. Jade25

Jade25 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(12.89%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    My other half is working away at the mo so it's just me at home during the week, I'm gonna just try and be as active as poss when i can't do the walk, maybe march on the spot in front of eastenders!?

11. curvygirlie

curvygirlie Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st9lb
    Current Weight:
    9st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(13.42%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    if you have a Wii or xbox kinect, perhaps use a fitness game? my sis-in-law lost shedloads using Wii fit.

12. CC

CC Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st6.2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9.7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6.3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10.5lb(14.06%)
    Diet:
    Dukan Diet
    Ooh - when i lived in London, my flat mate Watched Enders whilst jumping on a mini trampoline...she lost lots of weight and was very toned in her legs! She got it in Argos, not expensive x

13. Don'tWantToBeFatAnd50!

Don'tWantToBeFatAnd50! Full Member

Start Weight:
    9st5lb
    Current Weight:
    8st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(12.21%)
    Diet:
    Dukon Stabilization
    I bought the EA Sports Active 2 for the Wii (it's the same price for the PS3 too) a while ago for my daughter, will have to dig it out now for me now that I have lost a few pounds.

I only paid £12.85 delivered from The Hut which is a brilliant price as it is £25 in other places (Tesco etc).

EA Sports Active 2 Nintendo Wii | TheHut.com

You get the software, a heart rate monitor/motion tracking device which straps around your arm, a motion tracking device that straps onto your thigh and a resistance band.

You can see your heart rate change on the screen as you exercise :D and there are over 70 exercises to choose from.

EA Sports Active 2 Review - - Page 1 | Eurogamer.net

14. ElbeCC

ElbeCC Member

Start Weight:
    19st4lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(5.93%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    I like the idea of the mini tramp! I used to do that in school when I was trying to strengthen my walls in swimming. Maybe I will go looking for one. I am wondering if it matters that I am using a treadmill and not walking outside? I have two children that I can not leave alone nor can I walk with them (need some peace some time). I started doing the treadmill at night. In just 12 days, I have noticed I need to work harder to get my pulse up to what it used to be within a minute of starting. I have thought about walking to work, it is a doable distance, but there are no side-walks so it is not too safe. Yes I know I have all these excuses as to why I will not walk outside, let me give you one more. I live in Florida. Another exercise I do is going up and down the stairs several times.

I think every bit helps.

15. Maintainer

Maintainer ** Chief WITCH **

Start Weight:
    141kg
    Current Weight:
    69.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    65.0kg
    Lost(%):
    71.7kg(50.85%)
    Diet:
    Self devised
    Absolutely Elbe. It's not necessarily about going to the gym and sweating it out - some of us will never fancy that - but making our lives more active than they once was. My daily walk mightn't necessarily help my weight loss, but it definitely destresses me, and by the time I arrive at work, nothing can faze me as all is sorted and filed away properly in my brain!

Good luck!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.