• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Does everyone do their daily exercise

wkdstepmum

Silver Member
S: 10st5lb C: 9st13lb G: 9st4lb BMI: 23.1 Loss: 0st6lb(4.14%)
If you have a 3-yr old son that you're running around after that is plenty of exercise!!!

I try and walk every day depending on this awful weather - just got in from a 2 hour walk with Mr R. Dont know whether it makes a difference but it makes me feel so much better :)

S: 10st9lb C: 9st3lb G: 9st5lb BMI: 24.4 Loss: 1st6lb(13.42%)
IMO i think it definitely increases your weight loss. I exercise almost every day, doing more than the prescribed 20 mins walk. I've lost 8lb in 6 days and I don't have a great deal of weight to lose (compared to some other ladies). I truly believe the extra exercise has contributed to a very surprising (but very welcome) amount of weight lost.

Good luck in your Dukan journey xx

xehorus

S: 10st4lb C: 9st2lb G: 9st4lb BMI: 20 Loss: 1st2lb(11.11%)
I did not exercise for the first 10 days or so.. then when I noticed that I stalled started walking and it made a huge difference. I don't do it every day, but when I do it I lose more than when I don't, that is for sure. Thankfully I have only a little bit left to lose and I am in no hurry.

Last edited:
S: 16st0lb C: 12st13lb G: 10st3lb BMI: 30.1 Loss: 3st1lb(19.2%)
ive just started so unsure if it will make a difference or not as im fairly active already with having horses and walking my puppy

CC

S: 12st6.2lb C: 10st9.7lb G: 9st6.3lb BMI: 25.7 Loss: 1st10.5lb(14.06%)
I walk - power walk - religiously since day one. I have recently encountered a stall after 3.5 months and have added a 30min fitness DVD workout too, Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. I also have a 3 year old and a 6 month old so when 3 year old is at nursery, baby takes a lunchtime nap in
Pram and I cram in both!!!!! Hard work and time consuming but must. Fit. Into. Old. Jeans!!!!!!!!! :)

Maintainer

** Chief WITCH **
S: 141kg C: 49.9kg G: 36.3kg BMI: 17.7 Loss: 91.1kg(64.62%)
I think it helps the mindset also, doing a bit of exercise... isn't there a 20 min time when your other half can take over? Or if you get up earlier?

That's how I started my hour walk before work... gradually advancing my alarm clock! Now I sleep far less!

Jade25

S: 13st12lb C: 12st1lb G: 10st6lb BMI: 27.3 Loss: 1st11lb(12.89%)
My other half is working away at the mo so it's just me at home during the week, I'm gonna just try and be as active as poss when i can't do the walk, maybe march on the spot in front of eastenders!?

S: 10st9lb C: 9st3lb G: 9st5lb BMI: 24.4 Loss: 1st6lb(13.42%)
if you have a Wii or xbox kinect, perhaps use a fitness game? my sis-in-law lost shedloads using Wii fit.

CC

S: 12st6.2lb C: 10st9.7lb G: 9st6.3lb BMI: 25.7 Loss: 1st10.5lb(14.06%)
Ooh - when i lived in London, my flat mate Watched Enders whilst jumping on a mini trampoline...she lost lots of weight and was very toned in her legs! She got it in Argos, not expensive x

S: 9st5lb C: 8st3lb G: 8st7lb BMI: 21.7 Loss: 1st2lb(12.21%)
I bought the EA Sports Active 2 for the Wii (it's the same price for the PS3 too) a while ago for my daughter, will have to dig it out now for me now that I have lost a few pounds.

I only paid £12.85 delivered from The Hut which is a brilliant price as it is £25 in other places (Tesco etc).

EA Sports Active 2 Nintendo Wii | TheHut.com

You get the software, a heart rate monitor/motion tracking device which straps around your arm, a motion tracking device that straps onto your thigh and a resistance band.

You can see your heart rate change on the screen as you exercise :D and there are over 70 exercises to choose from.

EA Sports Active 2 Review - - Page 1 | Eurogamer.net

S: 19st4lb C: 18st2lb BMI: 39.8 Loss: 1st2lb(5.93%)
I like the idea of the mini tramp! I used to do that in school when I was trying to strengthen my walls in swimming. Maybe I will go looking for one. I am wondering if it matters that I am using a treadmill and not walking outside? I have two children that I can not leave alone nor can I walk with them (need some peace some time). I started doing the treadmill at night. In just 12 days, I have noticed I need to work harder to get my pulse up to what it used to be within a minute of starting. I have thought about walking to work, it is a doable distance, but there are no side-walks so it is not too safe. Yes I know I have all these excuses as to why I will not walk outside, let me give you one more. I live in Florida. Another exercise I do is going up and down the stairs several times.

I think every bit helps.

Maintainer

** Chief WITCH **
S: 141kg C: 49.9kg G: 36.3kg BMI: 17.7 Loss: 91.1kg(64.62%)
Absolutely Elbe. It's not necessarily about going to the gym and sweating it out - some of us will never fancy that - but making our lives more active than they once was. My daily walk mightn't necessarily help my weight loss, but it definitely destresses me, and by the time I arrive at work, nothing can faze me as all is sorted and filed away properly in my brain!

Good luck!