Does everyone get bad breath with ketosis?

Discussion in 'Lipotrim Forum' started by kered, 10 January 2009 Social URL.

1. kered

kered Gold Member

I am in ketosis since last night, but my breath isnt bad and I am not overly cold. Is this usual? Does anyone else not get the above symptoms?
    Not feeling left out or anything, but just very curious :8855:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. rainbow brite

rainbow brite ~Starsprinkled~

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8.4lb(17.25%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Ketosis can affect different people in different ways. If you're in the big K and aren't suffering the side effects think yourself lucky ;) TBH I never got that cold on LT the first time around either

4. kered

kered Gold Member

Thanks Rainbow........like I said, not complaining, but just wondered. I am a curious one......lol

5. Purpleangel

Purpleangel Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(6.9%)
    Diet:
    Weightwatchers
    when ketosis hit me my breath was really nasty - as my kind hubby told me! I think you can keep the bad breath away with the water drinking - which is what i have done. My ketosis hit late at night...which is why the breath reared its ugly head!

6. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.33%)
    If you are drinking enough water, you would hardly notice it and it is a transitory effect as the body adapts...

Love Mini xxx

7. kered

kered Gold Member

I am thinking maybe thats what it is with me, as I am drinking plenty of water, 3-4 litres at least, thats including teas and coffees.

Mini likes this.
  8. loulouless

loulouless Is a loser :)

Start Weight:
    24st2lb
    Current Weight:
    20st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st8lb(14.79%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I guess like someone said everyone is different, I tick the cold and bad breath boxes so wrapping up and eating toothpaste!:)

9. cuddlyfairy

cuddlyfairy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Hi, I am freezing at the mo, have been since I started LT back in April, but haven't had any comments about bad breath. I do brush my teeth as often as I can and drink plenty so maybe that helps. I did buy mouthwash but only used it the once - coz I realised I'd forgotten to brush my teeth again before going out in the evening (I hasten to add, I ALWAYS brush my teeth am and pm but also usually do it before going out again! Don't want you all to think I am smellyfairy!!!)

x

10. kered

kered Gold Member

My feet were cold in bed this afternoon (nights tonight) but apart from that, I have been warm. I guess I am just lucky.

11. jennybeth79

jennybeth79 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    20st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.02%)
    Diet:
    Rosemary Conley
    Im cold anyway and Im not on LT yet....it is very cold weather prob dont help lol x

12. cuddlyfairy

cuddlyfairy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    The weather doesn't help but I was still taking a hot water bottle to bed in July!!!!! Now I have 2 of them and am still cold!!!! I have to take my youngest to a sports tournament tomorrow and will end up like last week where I wore tights, 2 pairs of socks, 2 pairs of joggers, 3 t-shirts, a fleece, mac, coat, hat, scarf and gloves and I was STILL cold!!!! I wish I could afford a holiday somewhere warm!!!!

Kered you are very lucky if you aren't feeling the cold. I envy you that!!! When is your first WI?

x

13. kered

kered Gold Member

My feet were freezing in bed this afternoon, but I think thats because I was out this morning and wore thin shoes. Once I was out of bed and showered for work, I was warm as toast again. I am usually a warm person anyway, so probably that helps.

My first WI is on Tuesday, I cant wait. Very excited as the scales are already showing a loss.

You are doing marvellous, not long to go to goal for you now. Are you still on 3 shakes a day, or are you down to 2 shakes and a meal?

14. cuddlyfairy

cuddlyfairy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Good luck for Tuesday.

I'm back on 3 shakes at the mo as I had some left over and my chemist didn't want me back on LT! I plan to go back to her on Monday and plead for another fortnights supply then hopefully I will be back to target and refeeding again! If she won't let me then I'm unsure what to do. I may try a local CD counsellor or try and find another chemist in the area that does it.

Hope your nightshift goes well, are you a nurse? Sorry, I'm very nosy!!! I must get to my bed if I am going to get youngest to that tournament - not sure how long it will take to get there as it is about 30 miles away and I've never been there before.

x

15. kered

kered Gold Member

Good luck for the tournament and hopefully you can keep nice and warm. I think its going to be milder tomorrow.

Not nursing, I work in traffic.

Good luck for Monday, hopefully the pharmacist will give you enough to get you to target.

Goodnight, sleep well.

16. Slimmer09

Slimmer09 Full Member

Hi Kered,

No, I don't get bad breath either, I think the water intake is taking care of that. I'm also using listerine strips evey few hours as I'm used to chewing gum to keep my breath fresh through the day. I'm very cold, but can't tell if that's because of ketosis. I'm ALWAYS cold in winter, lol ;-)

17. Isis

Isis Ancient Egypt Nut!

Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi Kered :)

This time I've had more trouble from very cold feet and cramp in my calves but it did ease after about 24 hours, thank goodness!!..lol

I drink between 3 & 4 litres of water a day plus tea/coffee and just keep loads of Gold spot mouth sprays everywhere. Apart from that, not too bad. Cold, but then it is cold anyway:eek::D

18. chele80

chele80 On a mission

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st7lb(26.14%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    i stink like you wouldn't believe and am very self conscious about not talking to people directly now. It's the worst thing about being on LT but it won't be here forever once we're all slinky

19. rainbow brite

rainbow brite ~Starsprinkled~

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8.4lb(17.25%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I like the sound of that :)

20. kered

kered Gold Member

Thanks everyone for their replies. I have had a little bit of bad breath today, but not too bad.
    It is worth having bad breath to have a slinky figure though - good one.

21. *daisy*

*daisy* Full Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    Think im getting the bad breath ..well it bloody tastes like something died in there ha ha , I did as my ex to have a smell last night which he very kindly did :8855: he said he could smell something but it wasnt as bad as i was making out ..so im hitting the water , mouthwash and peppermint tea BIG time

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.