Does Exante taste ok?

Fat2ThinGirl

Gonna get slim
Hi all,

I read on another thread that Exante is one of the least expensive VLCDs. I'm currently doing the cambridge diet and have 4 packs a day (as i'm over 5'7). I don't really like any of the soups and just have the shakes, bars and tetras (ready made cartons). This costs me £52 a week. A friend recently tried Exante but said that he didn't like the taste of the packs and preferred the packs from when he did Cambridge. I'm just wondering if there is a real difference in taste or if it's more of a mind set. I know that Cambridge costs less than Lighterlife but if I could find something which is better value whilst i'm in 'the zone' I might be better off financially. But I don't want to mess things up either...be good to hear from others who have been in the same predicament.

Ellie

It's all personal taste I prefer Exante to LL and Cambridge but no tetras sadly :) they are less sweet a little more natural tasting :) some like to add a few sweetners

Having done cd many times and now exante I must say I prefer the taste of exante but you don't get tetras like you do with cd. If you can do it without tetras come over to the darkside lol x

YES they taste good, and you do get used to them. I see them as fuel rather than meals. Some are better than others and the bars dont do it for me but other think they are great.
GSQ

The Shakes and Soups taste good! I've not been too keen on the bars but that's just down to me being fussy!! lol!

When i first started i was not too sure about the taste.. but they taste really good now that i am in the zone and know they are gonna get me thinner and healthier..
good luck with whatever you choose xx

The shakes have a better consistency on Exante and the chocolate and vanilla are yummy. The bars are bigger. Haven't tried the soups yet as didn't like them on Cambridge so am a bit tentative about those. However I would say there is not a huge difference between them. I do miss the idea of a weigh-in with counsellor on Exante though so you have to be better disciplined...

Hi. I've just started on Exante, having used CD previously. Like you the financial saving swayed me (that and the fact I don't have a car now, so can't get to a counsellor).

I was a bit hesitant because I liked pretty much all of the CD products, particularly the tetras (frozen) and the porridge - neither of which are available on Exante. I didn't like the CD soups though, so I wasn't sure which bumper pack to go for.

Anyway, I decided to take the risk and try the multi one and I'm glad I did. I've tried one of everything now and I actually like them all. As others have already said the sweet ones are less sweet than CD, but I personally prefer that. The soups are fine and I find they mix up better than the CD ones. I can mix a soup with a whisk, without any lumps (makes it easier to take a soup to work without having to premix).

Being able to buy a VLCD product online is great and the deliveries are quick, its just then a matter of willpower, with having no counsellor weekly weigh-in to help keep you on track.

So, I'd say go for it and good luck :)

I prefer the Exante shakes, they are very creamy and not too sweet. I am not a great fan of soups anyway, but they are also quite creamy although the vegetable stays with me for a long while!

The bars are fine. They are big and they can be taken out for a meal on the go without melting. They are also don't taste of chocolate which is a big plus if you are a chocoholic and they can be divided up into pieces and eaten during the day rather than a whole bar at a time.

im loving the exante packs so far! they are really thick and creamy. they mix really well too.
i just use a shaker. the bar takes ages to eat which is great for me :)
the shakes taste like ice cream :)
good luck xxx

Back