Does it get easier?

clairefatface

hi, I have been on sf for a week and one day so far, and yesterday was seriously bad for me. But back on track today!
I just wondered from the more seasoned sf of you...does it get any easier...i.e all i can think about is food, its on my mind from the minute i get up to the minute i go to bed, all the lovely foods iam missing, how hungry i feel...then if i have a little snack, (within the recomended quota) but it doesnt fill me up, and leaves me feeling even more hungry than before. I count the day away until tea time! I so want to succed in losing weight, but I am not sure I am going to be able to do it.
Have any of you felt like this at the start, and does it get easier, do you have any advice of how I can stop obsessing about my weight and hunger and food! its taking over my whole life!!!:(

I'm sure we all feel like it and sometime i still get days like that. once you start to see the wight dropping off you get more determined so it does get easier!
i kow what you mean about thinking about food..once you start thinking about it you cant stop. Have some fruit to eat on throughout the day and it shud stop you thinking about food.once your brain gets used to the routine you'll be fine!
good luck!

p.s. i had a bad start to the week too, i blame TOTM..!

perhpas try and keep busy/away from food/ i started going horseriding and doing other activities to help weightloss and also to keep me busy and away from supermarkets :)

I must say in certain aspects it does not get easier. I also think about dinner time all day when I can have some "real" food. I often ask my mom "Whats for dinner?" ..... and it will be morning. :8855:

So yea.. in that aspect.. and this is my 5th week... I'm still constantly thinking about food.

What does get easier is walking away from certain types of food. I used to be a die hard soda addict. Couldn't get enough of it. Now I haven't had it in like 4 weeks. I used to eat breakfast sandwiches for breakfast every morning. these are things that I couldn't get away from no matter how much I wanted to. I wanted them more. And as the weeks went on, I was able to walk by these and other things without even flinching. So maybe as time goes on, I'll stop contantly thinking about dinner too.

LR

I thought about food all the time at the start, I have a fry up every saturday as a treat and to cope just tried to think about that meal and that if I slipped through the week I couldn't have it! As time as gone on slimfast has become more of a habit, I don't think about food very often now, which is amazing for me!
I struggled a couple of nights ago though, dunno why :confused: But I had a drink of water and went for a walk, when I got home I wasn't hungry :)

I have decided to change the routine around slightly by having a proper meal in the middle of the day and a shake at tea time! this way i feel full all afternoon and don't find myself thinking about food, also i might not have a snack in the afternoon as i'm not actually hungry. I suppose we all have to find a way to suit us individually within the diet plan. :)

Back