Does it matter how much water we make it with?

ABit_Batty

Hiya :)

Just wondering if it matters how much water we mix our shakes with. I know there is a minimum amount but is there a maximum? I don't want to 'water down' the calories or nutrients etc? :sign0007:

TIA

Nicola x

i dont like to much water in my shakes cos it takes away the flavour. Like today i split my shake up and when i had the second half i put may to much water and it looked like mucky water yuk!

I made an error on sunday with my vanilla shake, I was using my bfs mums jug to measure the water and it was different from my jug, I ended up using half a litre or water and it was DISGUSTING!!

I find 1/2 pint is perfect :)

i use 400mls in each shake, i find them sickly otherwise, i dont think it affects contents at all xx

I make my vanilla shake up with 1 pint of cold black coffee. XX

It won't make a difference, if that's what you're concerned about. Unlike most here, I actually like the shakes a lot. (Hooked on Strawberry. I've tried the vanilla and the chicken soup, but they're not really for me.) I make it with about 500 mls of water, and I have an electric hand-held blender to make the shake. It's very smooth (although watery) but reminds me of the consistancy of the slim-fast shakes you get pre-made in a can. Anyway, I find that with the shakes being made with 500mls, I can take my time drinking it, savour every mouthful, and try to enjoy the strawberry taste. (What little of it there is.) Usually, I wolfed down food and to be honest, only ever seemed to taste the start and end bits. The rest just flew down my throat. With the shakes, at least I'm learning to take my time.

Thanks for the replies :) I make mine up with about a pint. It's a way of getting more water I guess without noticing. That way i can get two big glasses full like you John and enjoy it every last bit ;)

i make mine upto a pint witha whole sachet of powder. I put about 5 ice cubes in it and it takes about an hour to drink it if im at work or about 30 mins at home. I no they say to drink it 15 mins but if i drunk that fast id be sick! I did that with the chicken soup and was sick iv never had it since.

Last time I made mine up with about 400ml of water but this time I have been usually 500ml and whisking it in the blender for much longer (about 3mins) so it is super frothy and creamy. I love it!

You should try experimenting, add an extra 50ml each time till you come to an amount you really enjoy. I would recommend an extra bit of time shaking/blending. I don't enjoy the shakes as much if I don't use a blender but that's me.

x

It won't make a difference, if that's what you're concerned about. Unlike most here, I actually like the shakes a lot. (Hooked on Strawberry. I've tried the vanilla and the chicken soup, but they're not really for me.) I make it with about 500 mls of water, and I have an electric hand-held blender to make the shake. It's very smooth (although watery) but reminds me of the consistancy of the slim-fast shakes you get pre-made in a can. Anyway, I find that with the shakes being made with 500mls, I can take my time drinking it, savour every mouthful, and try to enjoy the strawberry taste. (What little of it there is.) Usually, I wolfed down food and to be honest, only ever seemed to taste the start and end bits. The rest just flew down my throat. With the shakes, at least I'm learning to take my time.

I do the exact same as you john, although with the chocolate one!

i find if i pour it into a glass with some ice once its been whisked up, i can take my time and enjoy it, and it feels a tiny bit more like im having a meal!!

same goes about when i used to eat, i think there has been many a meal iv not even ralised iv eaten never mind tasted..

I mix 1 shake with around 400ml but if i have 2 shakes in 1 drink i mix with 600ml love having 2 at once fills me up for longer.

i do mine with 260ml it tastes a bit better sarah.

Back