DOES IT MATTER IF????

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by gonnabesmall, 14 March 2010 Social URL.

1. gonnabesmall

gonnabesmall is doin this

Diet:
    slimming world
    just been looking through my food diarys and realised that i dont always have any a choices.i do have about 3 cups of tea a day but even then thats about 1 1/2 syns.i dont eat cereal cos portions size too small.dont eat cheese everyday so i was just wondering if i should have maybe a chunk of cheese a day just to uses my choices up or does it not really matter

i do ee

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Sparkilycurls

Sparkilycurls Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm the same, since switching to black coffee & green tea I have no milk. I usually have a mullerlight for calcium, cheese doesn't feel right on a weight lose program.

Loving the advice, keep it up.

4. funcurls

funcurls Never gets tired of SW!

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I think they just include the HEXs in the plan to ensure that we're getting a balanced diet! I agree that you can get calcium from other things like your fat free yogurts, cottage cheese and a lot of veg contain calcium too. You'll certainly lose weight by not having them, after all you're saving yourself 5-6 syns by not! I love cheese and I love milk on my cereal so I nearly always have my a's! Soz Sparkilycurls (love your name by the way) I disagree when you say that cheese doesn't feel right on a weight loss program coz the plans that let you have everything in moderation (the key word!!) are the ones that people have success on because they don't have to deny themselves things (unless you don't like cheese which is fine!!)XXX

Last edited: 14 March 2010
  5. philly_x

philly_x Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.33%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Extra Easy
    yeh I dont always have my HEAs and B's, just depends on how im feeling that day!
    Sometimes if I like to feel like im being naughty even though im not, i'll save both and have a toastie with 2 dairylea light slices (HEA), 2 WW bread (HEB), and then chicken, ham and tomato :) x

6. avisk

avisk xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Calcium is really important. You must make sure you are getting enough of it if you are to avoid problems with bone density in later life.

7. Kikikisses

Kikikisses Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(22.75%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Personally I find that getting my HEas&bs makes the eating plan an eating plan over starvation, most of it is weighed so it's a controlled amount, makes a lot of meals more enjoyable as well.

8. robsterswife

robsterswife Tummy Mummy

Start Weight:
    14st3lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(23.12%)
    A consultant told me HEA's are important as calcium fights fat !!

9. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I think the HEXs are there for a healthy balanced diet. And I do think its important to try & have hexa for the calcium, especially now I'm over 40:p

Sparkilycurls have you tried laughing cow light, they are nice without tasting 'fatty'.

But to answer your question, yes I do think they are important. I don't drink milk but will have cheese on ryvita/finn crisps/toast for supper most eves.

10. squiddie

squiddie Starting Again!

Start Weight:
    27st9lb
    Current Weight:
    23st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st11lb(13.7%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    By not having your healthy extra's you're not following SW 100% whether or not this affects your weight loss or how 'healthy' you are is completely up to the individual. You really should be having them. The whole point of Healthy Extra's is that they are foods that have the nutrients you need - but eating too much of them cause weight gain (that's why they're limited).

You should really be having 1 or 2 A's and 2 B's on Red and Green. And for Extra Easy 1 A and 1 B. Hope that helps :)

11. subs

subs Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Diet:
    slimmingworld
    I was told when i started SW that the HEXa & bs are important, specially A is important for women, we must have 1 HEXa because otherwise we are at the risk of brittle bones or osteoporosis in the future!

12. Brightonrosie

Brightonrosie I want to be fitter again

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.94%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Just so you aware non dairy sources of calcium include:
    • almonds, brazil nuts, hazelnuts
    • broccoli, curly kale, okra, spinach, watercress
    • dried apricot and figs
    • mackerel, oysters, pilchards, salmon, sardines
    • pulses, sesame seeds
    • tofu
    • calcium-enriched soya cheeses and milks.

13. chrispy82

chrispy82 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.42%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I scarcely ever use my HEX A, got IBD and milk causes me immense pain, & I don't really miss cheese. Asked my consultant about not having them & she said as long as I was getting enough calcium from veg/ yogurts etc, it didn't matter - although she did point out that it didn't mean I could go swapping it for something of the same syn value :) XXX

14. NewSlimmerMe

NewSlimmerMe Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming world - Body Optimise
    I keep Mini BabyBel light in the fridge for this very reason. If it gets to the evening and I've not managed my HEA (I don't drink milk because I don't like cereal and i don't drink tea/coffee) then I have a nice snack of 3 of these. It's naughty but sometimes I like to have one whilst I'm cooking dinner (oops!) but they are really nice and the texture is even nicer (IMO) than the full fat ones. They really feel like a treat. They also melt nicely if you slice and put in a burger.

15. squiddie

squiddie Starting Again!

Start Weight:
    27st9lb
    Current Weight:
    23st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st11lb(13.7%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Don't forget you can have soya/goat's/rice/lactofree etc., cheese and milk as well! Doesn't just have to be cow's milk/cheese :)

16. gonnabesmall

gonnabesmall is doin this

Diet:
    slimming world
    thank you all,ive measured my milk out today so i can see just how much im having,just making myself a milky coffe right now x

17. Sparkilycurls

Sparkilycurls Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Would you believe it ? My husband delivers cheese, we get a free stash and I've avoided it for no reason, I shall have my 28g grated and nibble on right now.

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. subs

subs Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Diet:
    slimmingworld
    Good on you! :)

20. dehli

dehli Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(10.47%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    If you think cereal portions are too small try the puffed wheat, 28g is a huge portion because its so light. Bung some sweetener on and its just like sugar puffs.

21. subs

subs Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Diet:
    slimmingworld
    Ooohh that sound good!
    So are puffed wheat a HEXB?

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.