does it matter what it is

Discussion in 'GI Diet Support Forum' started by missjam, 5 August 2011 Social URL.

1. missjam

missjam Full Member

does it matter what it is, as long as it is low gi? such as oats and all bran... am i fine to eat these?
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. CaliSweden

CaliSweden Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    GI/GL diet and Japanese diet
    Hi Missjam. I believe if you stick to low GI foods it should be good. Full grain oats are good and All Bran. I bought All Bran Plus for more fiber and it's better for me :)

You should also check GL, it's the newer sister of GI, it allows for more variety of food. With GL it's about portion, at least from what I'm learning. I know Irish Molly will have a lot more info than me, I'm still new to GI/GL :)

I know Molly says to stay away from pasta, basmati rice, and brown rice, even though they're low GI. I'm sure Irish Molly will post in here with more info :)
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.