Does losing a stone help?

When I joined slimming world 3 weeks ago, I was 17 st 12 1/2 lbs. As of now, I weigh 17 st. I'm hoping to get the stone award next week but I was wondering if losing a stone will make me notice any differences? I'm doubtful it will as I plan to lose 5/6 stones and I doubt losing one will make much of a difference.

I'm sure people will be able to see a difference in you with you losing a stone, you may not see it in yourself yet as we see ourselves every day and can also be a lot harsher on ourselves too. I think one day you will look either in the mirror or see and old photo and it will suddenly click how far you have come, that happens to me sometimes. I don't think I've done much and then I see a photo from a few months ago and think wow-I don't look like that anymore.

Well done on what you've achieved so far, you are doing a fantastic job. Try not to chase seeing a difference, just keep up the good work and one day you will notice, it's hard for us to give a weight at which that will happen as it's different for us all x

When I joined slimming world 3 weeks ago, I was 17 st 12 1/2 lbs. As of now, I weigh 17 st. I'm hoping to get the stone award next week but I was wondering if losing a stone will make me notice any differences? I'm doubtful it will as I plan to lose 5/6 stones and I doubt losing one will make much of a difference.

Well done so far!

For me personally, seeing a difference came at a 10% loss. I felt much better, and could see a difference physically. Drs say losing 10% provides huge benefits, so I do think there is something in it.

10% for you would be 2 stone ish. It might seem far away, but you will get there. Just keep chipping away!

Hi sweetie!
Just want to throw my pennies in... everyone is very very different in how soon they notice the difference. I'm 3 1/2 stone down and although I notice the difference in the way my belly wobbles I can't say I personally see any other difference in me... HOWEVER other people do. And did quite early on in all fairness. I find we are always our own worse enemy and forget just how far we have come.

Your body will be thanking you for the change and your organs will be working better for your almost a stone loss... Keep going, small changes... smiling more, trying on clothes, even walking past a mirror when you use to avoid it are all good changes and ones we tend to forget x

DinoDana,
Thank you so much for replying! I haven't seen any change so far however, my dad was away for all of it and he did say he saw some changes! That made me super happy! Hopefully, I can see some too. I have taken pictures of my body just so I can compare it once I've lost a bit more!

Hi sweetie!
Just want to throw my pennies in... everyone is very very different in how soon they notice the difference. I'm 3 1/2 stone down and although I notice the difference in the way my belly wobbles I can't say I personally see any other difference in me... HOWEVER other people do. And did quite early on in all fairness. I find we are always our own worse enemy and forget just how far we have come.

Your body will be thanking you for the change and your organs will be working better for your almost a stone loss... Keep going, small changes... smiling more, trying on clothes, even walking past a mirror when you use to avoid it are all good changes and ones we tend to forget x
Thank you so much for the reply! I am trying to make some small changes and yeah, hopefully, I start feeling better about myself and my body!

Well done so far!

For me personally, seeing a difference came at a 10% loss. I felt much better, and could see a difference physically. Drs say losing 10% provides huge benefits, so I do think there is something in it.

10% for you would be 2 stone ish. It might seem far away, but you will get there. Just keep chipping away!
Hopefully I will manage to lose 10% within the next few months. That's what my current goal is! I am trying really hard mainly because I know all the health problems that come with obesity and I'm trying so much to avoid them. Hopefully, I feel better about myself soon!!

Hey OTG :)

Congratulations on what you've achieved so far!

I would agree with the 10% suggestion above - to be honest I did SW pretty successfully in my late teens, I think I was around 16 at the time, I started at 16st, 10lbs and managed to get down to 12st, 7lbs. Personally I found that at 1 stone
I could feel a difference, and perhaps one or two might have noticed, but people weren't really saying anything or writing home about it. At 2 stone lost, I would really feel a difference and people started to properly comment on it. At 3 stone lost, I literally couldn't see anyone without them commenting on it - at that point it was just the first thing anyone would say if they hadn't seen me in a while.

Keep at it - Slimming World is a great diet and the results will follow soon enough if you stick to it!

Hey OTG :)

Congratulations on what you've achieved so far!

I would agree with the 10% suggestion above - to be honest I did SW pretty successfully in my late teens, I think I was around 16 at the time, I started at 16st, 10lbs and managed to get down to 12st, 7lbs. Personally I found that at 1 stone
I could feel a difference, and perhaps one or two might have noticed, but people weren't really saying anything or writing home about it. At 2 stone lost, I would really feel a difference and people started to properly comment on it. At 3 stone lost, I literally couldn't see anyone without them commenting on it - at that point it was just the first thing anyone would say if they hadn't seen me in a while.

Keep at it - Slimming World is a great diet and the results will follow soon enough if you stick to it!
Thank you!!
As I'm in a similar position as you were, I'm hopeful that I can do it!

You CAN do it and you will :)

I'm prob a terrible example as I've been yoyo-ing since my own teens, but at my heaviest I was 17st12lb and at my lightest I was just over 12 stone.

For me, I started to feel a difference after the first stone, sleeping better, legs felt a little bit leaner (I was doing lots of walking too), my waistband on my jeans feeling a bit looser too. It took 2 stone for me to have lost a full dress size and be able to shop in places like New Look again. This was around the time that friends started to really notice.

Honestly, you're going to be the most judgmental person on your weight loss journey. The odds are that you personally won't notice it like everyone else will, we look down and see the flab, everyone else gets a front view though ;)

Losing 1 stone is excellent progress and a lot of people don't make it that far, keep up the amazing work :)

Back