DOES NOBODY EAT THE BARS??

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by shazzy1970, 21 April 2008 Social URL.

1. shazzy1970

shazzy1970 Full Member

I've just noticed reading some of the posts that most people have 3 shakes a day and no bars - is there a reason for this?? I have been having 1 bar a day since the start and i really look forward to it in the evening

Sharon

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I got three last week (I get 2 weeks supply) I still have 2 of them the one I had was toffee it was OK but nothing to go mad over, I'll have another one this week its chocolate, but I reckon being the same texture I wont really be mad about that one either. I'm going to give my second toffee one back to my CDC :)

4. Kira

Kira Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge/SnS
    Hi. I have a 2 to 3 bars a week. I didn't like toffee at all but the cranberry and caramel one were nice. May try the chocolate one this week. Some of them can give you wind so could be a reason why peeople don't have them. Also they are higher in carbs and I imagine the chewing may trigger cravings for food for some (hence I limit myself to only 2 or 3 per week). I could see it being a trigger for me if I were not careful.

5. doubledumplings

doubledumplings Silver Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet
    i was told u couldnt have them till wk 3 as they are higher in carbs but i wasnt that fussed on them xx

6. Time4ME

Time4ME MUST get a grip

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hi hun
    I have a bar EVERYDAY & have done since I was on Day 5 xxxxxxxx

7. Sarette

Sarette Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st11lb(25.67%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    I've not had one yet and I'm not really that fussed about them. I may try one in the future if I get bored!

8. NoMorePies

NoMorePies Full Member

Peanut every day from week 3

I'll have these even when I'm not on CD

9. melster122

melster122 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.95%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I love the bars and have one every day :D

10. Skyemagic

Skyemagic Full Member

Diet:
    CD

Hi Sharon,

I eat them, I love them and they keep me going. When I don't have any I am panicking and more likely to nibble on other things...
    Usually have mine in the evening as well and if it was possible I would live of the damn things....
    I also feel like they keep my sweet tooth under control which is great. No cravings whatsoever...

xxx

11. jelly-belly

jelly-belly Skinny minny to be!!

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I always have them.

1 for lunch with a cup of tea while everyone elso is having thier yummy lunchs!

I like all the flavours except for the peanut. When you open the peanut it smells like a snickers but its pretty flavourless after that.

I dont take the shakes they're very sweet. So I have a semi frozen chocolate tetra for brekkie then bar for lunch and soup for dinner

12. cillabatty

cillabatty carol

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    16st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    I have 1 every day, I'd have more if I could. The cramberry is yum. I keep mine in the freezer.

13. Time4ME

Time4ME MUST get a grip

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Same as that Pies! I'm not a big chocci fan at all but these hit the spot totally xx

14. Yuna

Yuna Let’s do this!! d(*.*)b

Start Weight:
    19st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I have Choc Orange bar most days, or Cranberry. Lovely with a cup of coffee. I look forward to them as a treat and eat them in the evening as I find them a lot more filling than shakes or soups so it stops me having cravings for bf's dinner.
    Also takes ages to eat them :)

15. Mrs B

Mrs B Silver Member

Start Weight:
    24st1.7lb
    Current Weight:
    23st1.1lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0.6lb(4.32%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    I have two a week. I love them but they make me hungry. I also keep mine in the freezer.

16. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - Step 1
    I like most of the bars but only ever have peanut or cranberry because I prefer the oaty texture. Once in ketosis I usually have one a day.
    As for them being higher in carbs, I'm sure I read on here somewhere that the peanut and cranberry are actually lower in carbs than the shakes (maybe a CDC can confrim that).

17. mrs lilly

mrs lilly Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I have had them every day since day 1. My CDC said some people are more carb resistant than others and that if I wanted to try I could. No problems with me. I am doing SS+ and on some days have 2 bars with no ill effects. I like the toffee and the orange. I slice them up really thin and stick in freezer for 1/2 hours first. Yum with a nice big glass of fizzy water with a spoon of flavorings in it. I am 3 weeks in and have lost 12 lbs so am happy! I only have two stone to loose and it doesn't seem to be hindering my loss.

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. trapped.in.a.fat.persons.

trapped.in.a.fat.persons. Destined 2 be skinny!

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(22.22%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Ive had 1most if not everyday from week 2. I like the toffee ones best, however have gone 4 the peanut ones this week, as i only lost 2 last wk and sts this week!!! And the malt toffee have more carbs. Dunno what id do without them or the water flavour! x x x x x

20. kayjay

kayjay Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I have had a cranberry/peanut bar everyday since week 3. I have tried the toffe/caramel/choccie ones but they had a rather windy after affect (blush) and the texture was pretty horrible. I always have an additional glass of water while I eat the bar (as recommended by my CDC). The peanut and cranberry bars are alot lower in carbs than the other flavours - they contain 13.7g per bar. The soups and shakes contain around the same amount (think even a tiny bit more).

Give them a whirl - I think they add a bit of variety into the diet and they are GREAT when nothing but chocolate will do!!

Kj xx

21. MsJMC

MsJMC Strong women stay slim

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    I have bars , sometimes 2 aday otherdays 1 bar , and shakes too , it just breaks the diet up a bit i put mine in the freezer for 30 mins so last longer , things we do lol

22. cambridge*diet*08

cambridge*diet*08 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.8%)
    Diet:
    CD Sole Source
    i dont eat the bars... just shakes for me!
    didnt want to get into a nibbling habit...

i think im quite carb sensitive so best i avoid them anyway!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.