Does Slimming World make you antisocial?

SW is definitely what you make it - I prefer not to see it as a diet but as a way of life - I don't have to have willpower because I have choice power - when I know I'm going out I'm flexible with my Syns - have a few drinks - granted I may have to skip dessert on occasion but at least I'm out having a meal and being sociable - a far cry from Lighter Life where the only way to succeed on that is to put your social life on hold!!

I don't think until I started this diet I realised just how much of a social activity eating can be.

At the moment I'm in work and it's 'Payday pizza friday'. My team is gathered around a lovely smelling pizza whilst I am sat at my desk eating a tuna pasta salad (which is lovely but no Dominos lol) I feel like a bit of an outcast for saying no to the pizza. Nobodys being funny about my refusual of their offer because they know I'm dieting, but I'm still sticking out like a sore thumb.

I know why I'm doing this - but this side of it can be hard.

Ah well

Rant over

xx

Hi hney i'm with you on this one, every Friday, thers someone or another's birthday or leaving do or something and so lots of pastie, cake and sweets about the office, and its so painful to sit and not eat them, that you do have to remove yourself from the team, not fair eh!!
But we will be thin!! Will def be worth it in the end x

Iv a friend who just does not like pizza or anything tomatoe based, shes not doing sw & does not need to but what im saying is you could just say to work pple that you dont like pizza/tomatoe stuff, you can still sit with them & feel included, having a salad is a good idea, or even have some thing with cheese & count this is your healthy extras x

Back