Does Slimming World work for everyone? Not sure..

I have just rejoined sw after a 8 month break an I have put on most if what I lost but that was down to really poor eating, I agree with the other poster about different days suiting different people, I lost most of my weight on a red day but did 2 green days a week just to make it different I think you just have to juggle it too see whats good for you!, one downside of a red day is constipation :( does anyone else suffer with this?

day 1 - 15st 7lb joined sw online 9/3/11

hollys nan
SAS is an indepth food diary to find out where your going wrong. It makes you really think about things. Such as What your potential danger area's are, if your planning your meals, how much your eating/drinking/etc

I joined slimming world at the end of jan, have been to group every week and also stayed for image therapy. I have followed the extra easy plan since day 1. So far I have lost just over 1 stone and have noticed that the less exercise I do the bigger my weekly losses have been. I weighed in on Thursday after doing no exercise all week and lost 5.5lb and got slimmer of the week. It's working really well for me and I'm also really enjoying it. Hope things work out for you and wish you all the luck in the world x

This is because if you exercise regularly say 3 times a week half hour at a time every week your body gets used to it, whereas if you only exercise every now and again your body will retain fluid

Also, re. exercise, I think your losses slow down a touch if you exercise because you are maintaining your muscle while you lose fat (which is what you want to do, as it keeps the metabolism up) - whereas if you don't do any exercise, you are losing both fat and muscle.

Thanks peachy7 and who_la_hoop ?I'm new to slimming and exercising and I'm just finding my feet with it all. I thought that muscle might have something to do with the smaller losses I've had and even though I had a big loss last week I'm going to continue with my work outs cos I enjoy them and feel good after. I don't mind the smaller losses either as long as it comes off it's all good by me. And I heard that its easier to keep it off if you do it slowly too, can anyone confirm this or is it just tosh ? x

Even if it comes off slowly at least it is coming off, I have been having massive losses then lots of stayed the same but no gains, the slower the better, my consultants says the slower you lose it the longer it will stay off. I find EE really easy and don't find it hard to fill my plate with loads of fresh superfree food, in the form of salads, side salads, fruit salads, you can always add veg to most meals to bulk them out

And I heard that its easier to keep it off if you do it slowly too, can anyone confirm this or is it just tosh ? x
This rate of weight loss will help preserve muscle mass which is important for your metabolism. It is sustainable and therfore you are likely to keep to the healthy eating plan

Back