Does SW stop working after a while............?

luisa71

have heard this a few times in the past from those who have done the diet and now starting to think this could be true. After initially losing 2stone in about 3 months, my weight loss has been on a constant yo yo since July, despite staying to plan and losing 1lb here and there only to regain it again. I'm still the same weight I was in July and I can't for the life of me figure out why I've suddenly stopped losing. I have another four stone to loose so I can't put it down to being near target:mad: I'm so fed -up that I'm near to giving up because I feel that this is as far as I can go with SW. Anyone else had this and if so how did you get the losses going again? I'm doing EE and having between 5-10 syns a day. Have also tried cutting back a bit on the fruit as was eating loads but this has made no difference. :confused:

Sorry for the moan but I'm feeling so down about it all at the moment.

I don't know about it stopping working but would maybe suggest reducing portion sizes or adding in exercise? even if you can only manage a small amount it might help to restart your losses x

I thought this but then I looked at my portion sizes and my syns and realised I was eating for my start weight not my current weight. I would suggest doing a food diary of a sad log for a week. What does your consultant say?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

I thought this but then I looked at my portion sizes and my syns and realised I was eating for my start weight not my current weight. I would suggest doing a food diary of a sad log for a week. What does your consultant say?

That's a point I've not actually adjusted my portion sizes. I've cut out food which I was eating too much of, such as grapes, rice and pasta but my meal sizes are the same. My consultant is not the best tbh which I think is part of the problem. Her classes are the exact same each week and she never really talks about food updates. She just asks what am I going to eat the coming week to get a loss? Not very inspirational. I do feel that SW really need to be more clearer about portion control and the fact that some people really cannot eat lots and lots of certain free foods and still loose weight.

Thanks for you reply.

Try some red days. It helps with portion control for extra easy too.

Thanks for all replies. Have taken advice on board and will be trying a week of red days and start to keep a better eye on portion size. I'm also changing my class to a sat morning as I really struggle with evening weigh-ins. A different consultant may also make a difference too.

Ah that sounds like a good plan, sometimes you need a shake up. I was also thinking another thing I realised was I wasn't being as strict on my 1/3 super free so maybe that's something for you to look at as well. Let us know how you get on

Doing a food diary is a good idea. Is there something you eat (bananas/cereal etc.) everyday? Maybe cut it out completely and see how you go. Our bodies sometimes become intolerable to certain foods. Is there anything that makes you feel bloated/uncomfortable after you have eaten it? Are you drinking enough water?

Doing a food diary is a good idea. Is there something you eat (bananas/cereal etc.) everyday? Maybe cut it out completely and see how you go. Our bodies sometimes become intolerable to certain foods. Is there anything that makes you feel bloated/uncomfortable after you have eaten it? Are you drinking enough water?

I have noticed that if I eat watermelon, which I love, my tum does feel quite bloated for a few days after, so have cut that out too. I'm keeping a diary and also upping my water in-take and trying green tea.

Good idea, I drink about 3l of water a day. .... It's really helping with my losses, especially on bad weeks! !!!

I read an article about a woman that drank three litres of water a day and after 4 weeks looked ten years younger and lost weight without making any other changes, the before and after pictures were unbelievable! !!

There's a really good thread in here with lots of common pitfalls / habits that creep in over time and affect our losses. Might be "where you're going wrong" or similar. I'll try to find it and bump

Hey it happened to me in the past that i couldn't lose more weight I added exercise and I started losing again, x

I really struggle with the SW implication that we can eat as much pasta etc, plus things like Muller Lights as we want, so I try to be calorie aware whilst still following SW (I do mainly Red) ... that encourages me to snack on fruit rather than things like yoghurts or boiled eggs/ mini quiches etc and to keep the portion sizes of things like pasta and rice right down. I still eat LOADS, but it's virtually all superfree vegetables, so I'm getting the same feeling of being 'full' for a lot less calories. I don't weigh anything (apart from Hexs obviously) or keep more than a very rough count in my head, but I am aware of making lower calorie food choices and making them in a way that eating is still a joy :D

Do a food diary, put it on here, you may not be eating enough!
I know it sound daft but it's important to eat.
there is another plan in your pack that lets you have 1/3 free foods & 2/3 superfree foods but you use the original plan syn values , you can do this for about 2 weeks.

Back