Does the amount of water you drink really effect how much weight comes off

susysu

Im not sure how much water i should be drinking, im having about 3 pints a day. im on day 6 and havent seen the scales move as much as i thought they would for a first weekand im wondering if its my water consumption and i havent cheated once​

3 pints isn't enough. 3 litres of water tends to be about right for most people, I sometimes have 4-5 if I'm having a thirsty day. Three pints is only 1.5 litres so try for 6 instead :) this could be in the form of warm drinks (i have a pint mug so 2 of those is a litre) or cold water.This morning I had 2 litres of cold water, 2 normal mugs of ginger tea, and I'm on my third pint mug of peppermint tea now. I'm at work til midnight so will probably down at least another litre. It's all spread out through the day. Drinking a lot of water in a short time is incredibly dangerous and can kill you, so try to space your 6 pints out through the day.HTH :)

thankyou :)

The more u drink, the more u shrink :)

honeypop said:

No you don't lol. That's been proven to be untrue. CD used to say that then retracted it several years ago

Last edited:
Ok starlight. That was the advice I was given by many ppl here in jan wen I started so didn't know it was untrue

honeypop said:

I actually think this is true. My theory is it helps flush out toxins and ketones so helps the body work well while on the diet. I can see why CD would withdraw as some people might take it literally and drink too much too quickly which is very dangerous as it overloads the kidneys. I try and get at least 3-4 litres down but well spaced through the day.

Yea it works for me. My losses are bigger if I drink 3-4 litres than my losses if I drink 2-3 litres. Also while doing weight watchers it was a big deal to drink more water to help aid weight loss. Obviously I didn't mean over 4 litres just that 4 is better than 1 or 2 :)

evil weevil said:
3 pints isn't enough. 3 litres of water tends to be about right for most people, I sometimes have 4-5 if I'm having a thirsty day. Three pints is only 1.5 litres so try for 6 instead :) this could be in the form of warm drinks (i have a pint mug so 2 of those is a litre) or cold water.This morning I had 2 litres of cold water, 2 normal mugs of ginger tea, and I'm on my third pint mug of peppermint tea now. I'm at work til midnight so will probably down at least another litre. It's all spread out through the day. Drinking a lot of water in a short time is incredibly dangerous and can kill you, so try to space your 6 pints out through the day.HTH :)

Such a popular misconception! Drink as much as your body wants, if you're thirsty, drink. If not, don't. Keep hydrated during exercise and you'll be fine :)

honeypop said:
Yea it works for me. My losses are bigger if I drink 3-4 litres than my losses if I drink 2-3 litres. Also while doing weight watchers it was a big deal to drink more water to help aid weight loss. Obviously I didn't mean over 4 litres just that 4 is better than 1 or 2 :)

It also makes you feel fuller so you eat less

I brought my son to see a dietician and she said to me to workout how much water one needs to drink daily- convert Ur weight into lbs Half this number is the amt of ounces of water one should need each day! i.e. If u weighed 100lbs then u need to drink 50oz of water- a pint=20oz.

shoebedoo said:
I brought my son to see a dietician and she said to me to workout how much water one needs to drink daily- convert Ur weight into lbs Half this number is the amt of ounces of water one should need each day! i.e. If u weighed 100lbs then u need to drink 50oz of water- a pint=20oz.

Oooh that's interesting. So that means I should drink about 125fl oz daily which is roughly 6 pints which roughly equates to 3.5 litres. That works for me :)

Back