Does the stigma attached to VLCD's ever frustrate you?

I think everyone has to accept that there are always going to be people who knock things,not just in the dieting world,and a lot of it is caused through ignorance.
Yes lots of people who do VLCD's do put the weight back on,but lots don't and its the same with every diet out there.
I personally have lost weight on every diet I have been on and gained it all back and more.BUT it is my own fault,as I have never changed my old eating habits when I stopped.
This time is going to be different!
I find CD works for me,because of the speed of the weight loss I stay motivated,but I know my big challenge will come in maintaining!
Health wise,a good friend of mine is a doctor and she thinks as long as you stick to the guidelines CD is perfectly safe and that the quicker you lose the extra weight,especially if you are extremely obese which I was,the better.That,of course,is her own opinion and all doctors have different views.
Myself,I have loads of energy on CD,my skin and hair have never looked better and I feel fabulous and most of my friends have been really supportive!

Whenever anyone is negative about CD, telling me how unhealthy it is etc. I just them them say their piece and then calmly say that my GP had to sign a form giving me their consent to follow the plan and that the GP was 100% behind me doing it. Shuts them RIGHT UP!!!

I have to say though, that the people whose opinions i really value have all been amazing and soooooo supportive. It tends to be work colleagues and some friends that tend to have a problem with VLCDS. Maybe it is a lack of understanding; I think its jealousy!! ;-)

I hate these people and you know what there the ones who prob know not a thing about the diet. The amount of people on here that got pregnant after losing a few stone is unreal. When I was with WW it was just soo bad. 10euro to get weighed meeting lasted 30mins which was crap. Room jammed with people. The leader just there to make a quick buck doesnt care about the people coming in.

I mean 1-2 pounds a week with WW SW whatever is good if what you have a stone to lose? but for me anyways with 7/8 to lose this is the only route to dragging my self out of wreaking my health and been around for my little girl. A couple of months before i started this diet we were trying for baby 2 and no way on hells earth was i getting pregnant and i bet if we tried now it would happen straight away.

Some people are just idiots. And these ones who say you will put it back on feck them what do they know in fairness. If you stick with it follow the plans. it will work. There all just jealous in my book.

God thats an awful rant im after having but feels good to let it out.

And there prob skinny ones telling her its dangerous omg muppets.

It is frustrating all the negative comments, I was told all sorts of horrendous scenarios for example VLCD's burn muscle tissue and my heart would fail:eek:, my hair would fall out and I'd put the weight back on :blahblah:

But just look to the future when you are at goal and maintaining with a full head of hair, still breathing:rolleyes: and are healthy and happy you can prove these doubters wrong:cool:

It amazed me how many people who had dished out the negative comments decided to try the diet themselves once I got to goal:)

Tracey
x

Tracey
x

Great post Sally! I agree with everyone...even now I'm maintaining only a few people know how I did it. I've heard too many negative comments made about other people who've done VLCDs to put myself in the firing line! I've lost weight in the past with WW and put it all on and more. I lost 6 stone on LL & then CD over 20 weeks last year and I've kept it off for 6mths. I found the abstinence from food really helpful and I was able to change my eating habits when I relearned to eat. I think VLCDs are the best diets ever and I also wish I'd known about them years ago!

Back