Does weight loss slow down when reaching goal weight?

lostpolarbear

Just wondered once I get to normal BMI do you think the weekly losses will slow down? Or will they remain random?

I would imagine that once you get close to goal BMW then you should be working up the plans, so I would think that it would slow down, hope this helps :)

I would imagine that once you get close to goal BMW then you should be working up the plans, so I would think that it would slow down, hope this helps :)

My CDC is happy for me to just stay on SS until goal weight, as that's what she did. Then I'd go up the steps and any other weight loss is then a bonus...I'm not sure.

My CDC is happy for me to just stay on SS until goal weight, as that's what she did. Then I'd go up the steps and any other weight loss is then a bonus...I'm not sure.

I stayed on SS last year with the exception of the week off every 12 weeks and plan to do mainly the same this time until I reach goal but I have a few planned breaks for weekends away and special events in the summer. Once I reach goal I will look at stepping up to help me with maintenance and fingers crossed it will help me as I messed up big style last year and am almost back to square one :-(

The bigger you are the quicker the weight loss will be so as you lose weight and go up the steps your loss will slow down, but hey! A loss is a loss :) x

My losses started to slow on SS, once I went up to step 2 they got bigger again (this was 21lbs off goal) I'm now 7.5lbs off goal, still on step 2 and they have started slowing again 1.5lbs -2lbs a week. However I was thinking that these are actually really good losses were just so used to seeing bigger losses. I was prepared for my losses to slow as I'm a healthy BMI now but maybe give step 2 a go, it definitely boosted my losses for a while.

Lynne - week 24, 88lbs down 7.5lbs to go... :)

My losses slowed down after the first few stone and averaged around 12lb a month for the last couple of months, still good but not quite as fast as at the start x

Back