Does your consultant support you? ?

RebekahR

Gold Member
Do you feel when your stuck your consultant helps/supports? ?

I've started dropping into another group just to weigh as I was feeling very low and unhappy following evening class

Is it just standard in larger groups? ? Is there any sort of online support for members? ?

Thanks in advance xx

My consulting is brilliant and she runs a large group( more than 50 through the door and between 25-35 staging) she makes everyone feel like they have her support. But consultants really differ my sister has just left her group to go to another as she didn't feel she was getting the same level of service as me,she went to the other one for the first time last week and she said it was amazing! I would suggest you try different groups remember you can attend any group so just keep trying them till you find the one that suits you , I would look for ones that run at least two groups at night or in the morning if they have extended to two groups then they must be good. Also look at their Facebook group if you can and see how many members they have.
If you mean support as an online member I think it's just articles

My consultant is brilliant I wouldn't have got this far without her. It's a small group though although we have got a lot more new members over summer

Im just weighing and going currently as the only evening one I can stay to is just getting me down

No help with food diary or anything. Maybe will email see if any online support available

Right now feels like a waste of money when I could weigh at home! !

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I used to go to a group where the consultant had her favourites. After much going up and down I got to Target, but it was just before Xmas and I just went mad with my food. I went back, had put on weight and it just went downhill from there. At no point did my consultant provide me with any help and when I didn't go for a few weeks she made no contact at all.

I am now with another group and my consultant is brilliant. She texts you if she thinks you're struggling and she is really supportive!

Have you spoke to your C about your reasons for not finding the class supportive? What is getting you down?

x

She knows I'm finding it tough with my crohns. I know not much advice she can give there. She advised to just eat free no super free

Just a bit of help would be good. I'll give ut another month if everything calms down I might find plan easier

Group is very much everyone in their own groups etc... at the daytime one ladies speak to each other but unfortunately I can't stay during work!

I'll keep going regardless. . Just wondering if any groups are different! ! Or if its just weigh target set.. good night! !

Xx

My consultant is fab, image therapy is supportive yet full of giggles too

Not sure i get a lot of support from my C especially since i got to target a couple of months ago. Maybe she felt i didn't need it ,not sure. Hope you find a solution :)

Sent from my GT-I8150 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Think it just varies consultants!

Will just keep dropping in to weigh xxx

I find stories like this really sad. My Consultant is amazing and I really do owe my success to her. I've followed other diets, and yes they did work, but the consultants / leaders were never really that motivating. I never wanted to stay to group because it was boring. You just felt like you were being talked at, rather than talked to and involved in the group. And in the end I always got bored with the whole lot and left - hence why I put the weight back on.

But this has been totally different. I love Slimming World and the plan is fantastic, but I think a lot of it has to do with the Consultant too. Mine has quite large groups - the group I go to usually sees between 40-50 through the door, with maybe 30 of us staying to class. Everyone gets the same support and attention whether you are 18 or 81, you have been there 1 year or 1 week, if you're at target or still on your way there...you always feel part of the group and like you belong.

As well as her funny and motivating IMAGE therapy sessions, she has a FB page set up for us all where she always posts ideas, motivational quotes, pictures, etc. And she is always there at the end of the telephone if you need her. I have recently had a bad couple of months and she would send me the odd text just to see how I was getting on and just to encourage me to do what I could. Not in a pressuring way, just out of genuine concern and wanting to help.

I think everyone should have a Consultant like her. I'm really sorry you're not finding yours as supportive as you should. I would have a quiet word with her and maybe tell her how you're feeling and what kind of support you perhaps need. Failing that, you could always try another group in your local area. Hope you find the right Consultant for you x

The daytime lady is lovely but I can't stay during work! ! Only evening one I can get to is mine! !

I'll keep plodding on for a while then I think I'll start putting the money in a jar rather than pay for 3 minutes a week at club! !

What support are you not getting? You say you want a bit of help, but what with? Are your losses okay because if they are, you don't really need extra supoport. Support is given in group, in image therapy and outside of group it is only really for those who are really struggling. If you don't stay then you want get much support as its SWs goal for members to stay.
Support is not only from your consultant but from members as well :)

I stayed every week for months and just felt more down! !

Im maintaining which is ok but I would like to loose a little more which just isn't happening on plan now!

I will go to normal group next week and stay. Nobody really shares ideas or makes suggestions. Just mute!! Everyone had a great week no problems! ! Every week!

Input from an interactive group would be helpful

It's a shame you feel like that and it is even more of a shame that the group don't participate! The group part of image therapy is a huge part. When it's your time, do you ask for help? Because if you do, no consuktant should ignore that.
There are things like success express, increasing super free and going right back to basics which can help, amongst other things.
A chat after group with your consultant would be a good idea.

It is sad you feel like this. My c is fantastic, and texts support to everyone every week. I am on the social team and it is a bit demoralising for her when members dont stay. OK there are sometimes reasons etc but she puts in soooo much work during the week to give us info and she plans and prepares quizzes, team tech etc. I agree support is a two way thing, HOWEVER she does sound as if she needs to give you more support if youre struggling. I would have a word with her also, and if things are still the same then yes I would find another group.If you would like to lose a little bit more have you tried mixing plans up a bit, drinking more water, mixing your meals up, success express. She should realise as well that having chrohns is also difficult for you. Hope you get sorted soon. In the meantime please keep bobbing on here for support we are all only too willing to help. :)

I agree some weeks a girl does raffle n that's fun... but everyone pretends they just get along fine

Ooo you'll loose next week. Next person! !

Crohns makes it so demotivating. .. I increase super free & im violently ill. So I try cutting back. .. then I can't tolerate wholemeal. .. arggg

Thanks for your kind message. .. i will keep going xx

Aw Rabekah, thats awful! So sorry. I wish I could take you under my wing and bring you to my lovely friendly and supportive group. Our group is like a meeting of friends really, we all get on so well. Part of my duties on the social team is to do the raffle. Its proper embarrasing when I win, which is quite often. Cries of "fix" go up in the room, but its all jesting and we have a really good laugh. Perhaps success express isnt for you then, as you would be increasing your superfree. I lost all my weight on red and green to be honest, I'm very fussy with veg and cant stand salad. Have you thought about a different plan where the superfree arent as crutial. Are you ok with rice and pasta? If so green plan maybe the way to go. Are you OK with meat and fish, then the red plan may be worth a try. And with those plans you can have up to two a choices a day, and you can have 2 b choices every day too. Hope this helps :)

Back