Does your consultant weigh you herslf?

Isnt it!
Im not looking for anything that fast and she has said she never ever strayed from the plan..... Lucky bugger! ;)

Personally I don't like this about sw. At my ww class the leader does it so you can chat privately to her at the scales. My ww leader does 5 classes on a Monday, so theres usually only around 30 on average at each, so she has time to give the 'personal' touch. She used to only do 3, but added the extra 2 so that there would be less at each class, so it doesn't actually make much difference to her earnings.

seems to be the standard that helper weighs and consultant sees to new people. In my class if there aren't any new people she does tend to hover around and people go to her then if they need extra help that Image Therapy doesn't provide.

I am a one of the weighing helpers at my group, we are a vital part of the smooth running of the class, the consultant wouldn't have time to do the new member talk if nobody helped.

I chat to the people weighing in and give them congratulations or encouragement depending on what the scales say! Also I give advice if asked, but only if I am absolutely sure of the answer otherwise I would suggest they stay behind and speak to the consultant.
And I always smile :)

Most groups you'll find it's a helper that's doing the weighing (and booking in) freeing up the consultant to talk to new members or those that can not stay for Image Therapy (or indeed after Image Therapy for a private word).

I find it works, and even without the consultant there on the scales, our weigh-in person is always the first to put anyone at ease over any gain/maintain. and should be a happy smiling face to help that - especialyl with the newer members.

My consultant Louise doesn't weigh us, she has a lady to do it which enables Louise to greet new members and answer any questions to people that aren't staying to class. She does however weigh on your first weigh in at the end of the first class. x

There is no chance to speak to my consultant 1:1. She deals with the noobs during weigh in, then she does IT, then she is weighing noobs and chatting to her circle of friends after. She was even chatting with her mates when she weighed me when I joined.

The only time I have spoken to her 1:1 was the day after I joined when she phoned me to check my weight because she hadn't noted it down. Probably because she was too busy chatting with her mates :D

Don't get me wrong, she's a lovely lady but trying to penetrate the bubble of chums who are always surrounding her is pretty much futile.

Thats so rude of her talking to others whilst weighing you!!!
Whats a noob?
goodluck with your sw journey x

We have a helper for registering and one for selling books etc (me actually :p) and the consultant weighs people unless there are new members. She has a regular weigh in lady who is actually her own consultant (she still goes to a class as a member) so it's fine. I wouldn't feel comfortable if I was weighed by loads of different members.

I am the person that does the weighing in at our group. The con asked me one day to ensure there was enough people so she could get the group within time alot better!.. I always try and be happy and smiley I think it makes a person feel even worse if they have put on and then there is this miserable person behind going well yes there you go your put it back on.. I always try and sympathise!

sometimes she does, but she has 3 helpers so she tends to mingle and meet new members instead! x

jen, which group do you go to as im in the sunderland area too...

i am on the social team at my group, it leaves my C to be able to speak to everyone and do a lot more rather than being stuck on the scales all night

the consultant in both the groups that i have been to, doesnt weigh me. she usually does the new members talk.

St Gabriels at 7pm Abigail

i was considering joining that one actually since i live in the town centre but i jsut get in the car to ryhope thursday nights since i got to target there last time and i get most motivated there.

Don't get me wrong i love the group - just need to get the helpers to smile more ;)
Justmummy - apparently she managed the massive loss by following extra easy religiously however she has admitted she never had a single syn!!!!! Not my idea of fun, i'll keep having my syns and get there eventually

moomintrolljen: I used to go to Saint Gabriel's years ago...Didn't do well in the end but that was simply because I stopped following the plan, nothing to do with Wendy. Thought she was great but didn't want to go back to this group as it reminded me of when I failed.

its usually one of the members that weighes me in but its always one of two people so they are really helpful :)

Back