Does your other half know how much you weigh?

Guru

Silver Member
I have never told my husband how much I weigh. He knows it is a lot more than him though!

When I came back from my first meeting with my CDC he saw the yellow record card and asked to read it, and I refused. He asked why and I said I am too embarrassed to let him see and he was very sad that I couldn't share it with him.

I promised he can see it at the end. Although I wouldn't be surprised if he's had a sneaky look as it's on my bedside table :D

It is the only thing I've never been able to share with him :(

The only person I have ever told friends/family/OH wise is my best friend and she weighs the same as me!

I hate the thought of people knowing, even if I got to goal I wouldnt want to be a sucsess story' because they print how muc you weigh at the beginning!

My mum made me get on the scales in front of her last weekend! I am 34!!!!

She did it because she is also on a weight loss mission and wants us to have a weigh in together every two weeks. I think her intentions were good, but she has 4 stone to lose and I have 11! I think it shocked her seeing how much I weigh and I was mortally embarrassed.

Hey
I totally understand how you feel!.. I really didnt want to tell my DH but he kept guessing..... and in then end I told him.
Everyone wants to know how much, so many people ask me.. and I say no! I dont want to say Im still really embarrased about it too. and I am not that far from goal...... it still makes me CRINGE to think I was that much!
x

My husband is the ONLY person who knows what I weigh, apart from my GP. My CDC knew my original weight but thats it. He and I used to do Slimming World but it was far too slow for me but worked well for him. He, like me, gained some weight and he is back on SW and we both confess our weigh ins every week.

My mum made me get on the scales in front of her last weekend! I am 34!!!!

Good on you! I would not have done it.. especially with my mum who weighs like 8 stone something she would have been mortified!

She did it because she is also on a weight loss mission and wants us to have a weigh in together every two weeks. I think her intentions were good, but she has 4 stone to lose and I have 11! I think it shocked her seeing how much I weigh and I was mortally embarrassed.

Your get there hon, doesnt matter how much you have to lose you are on the way to being SLIM! x

Yes my hubby knows how much I weighed and how much I weigh now, he also rings me each week to see how much I have lost. He is very supportive of my weightloss, I think facing up and admitting to how much you weigh is an important step to never going there again.

I always proudly tell people that I WAS 22st but I don't broadcast how much I weigh now. I just let them know it's a lot less!

My partner knows how much I weigh and for once in the three years we have been together, I weigh less than him! x

My husband does now but before I had lost 6 stone I never told him! I only told him now because I had a medical for something and my BMI had to be at a certain level for me to pass!

He never questioned it but like your hubby was sad that I didn't want to tell him! Silly really, he can see I'm no size 8 :D

My OH has always known, but it felt worse telling him the higher it got. I've been brave this last 2 weeks since startind cd and told my mom/dad/nan/aunt and cousin, and i'm about to embark on a weight loss challenge with my manager so he will know. The way i see it, is that if i tell people it will almost stop me from failing because i'd be too ashamed. It make me more determined to ensure i do succeed, its actually been quite liberating in a weird way. xx

You know what's worse than the weight? My waist measurement. It's 46". Which is dreadful! Considering his waist is 36".

My HB is the only person to know my weight. Apart from my CDC of course.

I'm lucky that my HB is extremely supportive, and has never judged me based upon my weight.

God I love him!

My husband was totally shocked to find out that I weighed 14 stone, he always thought it was much less than that, even tho the rolls of flab were saying otherwise lol! He now knows how much I weigh and like soontobelittlegem I weigh less than him for the first time in goodness knows how long! I wouldn't tell him how much it was when I first started as like so many others I was so ashamed, now I am halfway to goal I feel so much better about myself that I have been telling people that I have lost 2 stone and it feels great! Roll on telling people I have lost 4 stone and feeling FAB!!!

xtwinklex

Mine only knows what I was at my heaviest now that I have lost 4 stone. Am lighter than I was when I met him now, just.

I don't have an 'other half' but my sons have asked me how much I weigh but I can't tell them. I am admitting how much I lose each week so it won't be hard to work out when I am boasting about my weight one day! Only my CDC (and you lot!) know how much I weigh.

My OH doesnt want me to lose weight even though i need to at 21st and ive told him i was about the same when i met him and we have had 2 kids since then.but only him,my GP and my CDC knows what i weigh i would be far too embarassed to tell anyone else maybe once im halfway to goal.well done guys on all your weight loss so far xx

I finally told my hubby a couple of weeks ago what I weighed. Before that only my GP and my CDC knew how much. I've also told my mum and my close workmates, but nobody else.

I won't tell anyone how much I weighed and how much I weigh now as I'm still very embarrassed about how big I got.

My sister is desperate for me to still be bigger than her, so is always saying 'ooh, you must be in the x's by now' to try to work out how much I weigh!

Who knows, I may change my view when I get to goal and although I am already proud of how much I have lost, I don't think I'll ever lose that shame.

Yes he does but it was horrible weighing more than him..

Back