Does your stomach actually shrink?

OneTwoFour

Losing it!
Or is it a myth that as you eat less the volume that your stomach can hold reduces?

If it is true, how does the volume of water we have to get through affect stomach size?

Wierd question I know, but gotta do something with the time I'm spending not eating!

The stomach is a muscle and will therefore expands to accomodate food/fluids. However as there is 'nothing' to water, it empties from the stomach much quicker than say, a meal would. Also, just for future ref, low fat foods empty from the stomach quicker than high fat foods. x

Or is it a myth that as you eat less the volume that your stomach can hold reduces?

If it is true, how does the volume of water we have to get through affect stomach size?

Wierd question I know, but gotta do something with the time I'm spending not eating!

Very interesting question, I believe it actually shrink in size depending on your portion, even fluid like water effect that. I came to this diet as last resort before doing the bypass surgery, I was going to go for the surgery because my main problem was portion control, with the surgery your stomach is small, and you physically cannot eat a lot. I read a lot but I was scared of the surgery, then I look at the diet post surgery, what if I can follow their diet with, obviously they have the advantage of smaller stomach, I just had to rely on my will power. Then food replacement diet made more sense with the advantage of ketosis.

Anyway in the diet post surgery, they are advice to have fluids for the first few weeks but what is interesting, to sip water not gulp it, and to leave half an hour before finishing your water before eating.

Before I use to eat while drinking, a personal trainer told me the same advice, if you are eating, and drinking you are expanding the size of your stomach, which means more food to get satisfied. I also notice when I start a diet with controlled portion, my stomach get filled faster but when I leave the diet, I stuff my face until it hurts and it expands again!

Now exante is my shrinking stomach diet, at least we can get 100% of our daily nutrients, people struggle to eat after surgery, and most say half a cup a time!

Now exante is my shrinking stomach diet, at least we can get 100% of our daily nutrients, people struggle to eat after surgery, and most say half a cup a time!

My step-mother had the surgery and for her the recovery was horrendous. She was sick for months and months, and even now if she doesn't sit straight after eating it's very painful for her. But, her eating problem was so bad that she tried to kill herself, so the op was the right answer for her. Just shows we all have to find our own way.

Mine has, as couldnt eat all my chicken on Saturday night, and it wasnt a huge amount, I could have used to eaten alot more! I felt quite full, it felt very good! :D

Back