Doing it differently....Reverse Resolutions!

Diva

Cambridge Diet Counsellor
It's coming up to that time of year when most of us are thinking about our New Year's Resolutions and how we are "really gonna do it this time"!

Be totally honest with yourself - think about your past resolutions, how many of them will also appear on this year's resolutions list?

IF YOU'RE REALLY SERIOUS THIS TIME...DO IT DIFFERENTLY!!!

Whether it be to lose weight, stop smoking or even change your job then make it real by doing it differently this time. Fast forward to this exact time next year, imagine how it's gonna be as you face 2009 - what's different?

Is it the feeling of quiet satisfaction knowing that you have achieved all that you set out to achieve at the beginning of 2008. Maybe you can't wipe the grin off your face as you look in the mirror and are soooooooooooo pleased with what you see looking back at you and know that you feel better than you have in ages.

Christmas has come and gone and you know that it was no big deal to your waistline! You had a great tiime, New Year's is coming and you still look and feel great and healthy about your yourself. :)

Or is it that as you approach 2009, you know that the dreaded "Smoker's Cough" and "last night's ashtray" smell are firmly in the past and you are feeling healthier and more active than ever.

More than likely it's the feeling of excitement and exhileration as for the first time in your memory, you are creating brand new resolutions as you have achieved all of the old ones and much more!!! The best thing about doing for resolutions for 2009 is that you now know that anything is possible because you have already achieved what you previously thought was "a bit of a stretch" during 2008, but you did it and much more ....and you enjoyed yourself in the process!!! :D Blimey...the sky's the limit for 2009!

So now you know how you feel about going into 2009...you know what you need to do for 2008, so just do it....get on with it and enjoy the process :D :D

P.S: Remember resolutions are not just for New Year...they are for life! :D

thats a great way of looking at things, i have made a few new years resolutions and am quietly determined to carry them through. whenever i feel myself weaken i am going to think about new years eve 2009 and your words and hopefully that will give me the willpower i need, ty :D

Your welcome guys....you really can create the life that you want and live it in the way that you want...:)

I'm not looking at it as making new years resolutions as when i make them, come the second week of february they've gone out of the window and I'm back to not bothering. Instead i've made a 'to do' list, which means i'm actively pursuing whatever it is i want to do.

Thats a good way to look at things i think Ray.
In our household we also began our "to do" on 7th Jan rather than the 1st. So far the 4 of us have been successful in this house. There is a group of 8 of us and we each have put £10 into a kitty. All doing different diets and the one who loses the most by February 7th gets the money! (Shhhh so far, me. But ot be fair, i do think i have the moest to lose)

I'm not looking at it as making new years resolutions as when i make them, come the second week of february they've gone out of the window and I'm back to not bothering. Instead i've made a 'to do' list, which means i'm actively pursuing whatever it is i want to do.

Rayven, that is exactly what I have been doing this year instead of resolutions I can't keep. Not a list of what not to do, but a positive list of things I want to do! :)

Back