Doing it for my girls

Lis88

I am 3 stone overweight and I want to lose it for my 2 beautiful daughters. My dad recently had a heart attack. He is fine now but on further investigation it was found that it was a hereditary thing, his 4 sisters also have heart troubles. So I have made a pact to myself, I am giving myself 1 year, and in that year I want to lose the 3 stone, and quit smoking. I joined WW and in my first week I lost 4.5lbs. I hope that by doing this I will reduce my risk significantly of having heart problems in the future, and I'll set a much better example for my 2 young children than having a fat smoker for a mom. This is my motivation, and I am going to record my journey here. Wish me luck! http://g.static.mmscdn.com/smilies/wink.gif

So far I've lost 9.5lbs in 3 weeks on WW. I'm very pleased! Today I started the c25k as well, so hopefully soon I'll be fit, healthy and slim! :D The c25k day one was stressful, I'm much more unfit than I thought. But any bit of exercise will help I suppose! My WW leader gave us a challenge for May, to eat 5 a day every day, and that for me is a struggle as I'm not a lover of fruit or vegetables. So here's to another good week, I've got my first silver 7 and reached my 5% goal so I'm extra motivated this week! Another 4.5lbs to my first stone...hoping to achieve this in 2/3 weeks!

Wow, that is very fast. If you do c25k don't forget you can repeat weeks if you need to.

Back