Doing It with Dad!

kissme

Gold Member
Hi everyone!

If you have read my thread about what happened between me and my friend who was suppossed to be supporting me at class you will know that she has let me down.

Instead my dad is going to follow SW with me and we have a bet going on!

If I lose more than him in a week I get £10 towards my "not fat fund"

And if he loses more than me I have to put in 2 hours of work at his farm

So It's win win! money or exercise!

So we both WI'd tonight.

I'm 287.5 lbs (20st 8.5lbs)

So wish me luck my lovelies!!

Day 1 21/10/10 - EE

So this is what I'm planning will obviously update during tomorrow!

B: 250ml SS milk (A)
Oat so simple + 1 scan bran (B)
Jam 1 tblsp (2 syns)
Apple (SF)

S: Apple (SF)

L: Italian Bean Speed Soup (SF)(F)

D: Mushy pea curry (F)
Rice (F)

Good luck hun. Its nice that your dad is supporting you and what an incentive he's given you. Your friend sounds like she doesn't deserve a friend as good as you.

Good luck hun. Its nice that your dad is supporting you and what an incentive he's given you. Your friend sounds like she doesn't deserve a friend as good as you.

Aww thanks hun! Yeah my dad is a good man! took me moving out to realise how great my parents were!

Ok so it's 2.27 am and I cant sleep! I have the doctor in 6 hours and a huge list of problems with myself, and I'm petrified.

My mum has diabetes, fybromyalgia and COPD. My biggest problems is I'm showing the classic signs for all 3 of these and I'm scared!

I'm my mums carer and she needs me, plus she didn't get her illnesses till her 40's and I'm only just in my 20's.

I'm scared of the reality, plus I haven't been back for my meds for my manic depression, and my doctor isn't nasty but she will kinda tell me off and that makes me anxious.

My first day on SW isn't turning out how I wanted :(

Day 1 21/10/10 - Green

Gonna need to be an EE day!

4am - Easiyo berries low fat unsweetened 100g - (0.5 syn)
250ml SS milk (A)
Apple (SF)

6am - Oat so simple + 1 scanbran (B)
Apple (SF)
Jam 1 tblsp (2 syns)

1.30 pm - White Baguette (22 syns)
Coronation Chicken (8 syns)
Huge bag of crisps (35 syns)

8.30pm - Chicken breast (F)
Stiryfry veg (SF)
Noodles (F)
Blue dragon peking lemon 1/4 sachet (2 syns)

Total Syns 65.5/105

Last edited:
Aww thanks hun! I hate going to the doctors! always costs me a fourtune in prescription and another thing to add to the list!

Hey, good luck with the weight loss and the docs. Just look at it as you are getting a body mot and that you are doing something positive...imagine waiting years and not doing something about it. You are probably absolutely fine and sometimes symptoms of other illnesses manifest themselves through anxiety and stress x

Hey hun, congrats on starting your weightloss journey, and its great for you to have your dad on board as well!
You might find that a lot of your medical problems improve or maybe even dissapear once the weight drops off! I am an acute asthmatic who used to spend as much time in hospital as I did at home but now I probably only have a couple of bad sessions a year.

Hi and best wishes with your weightloss and health.

I just wanted to say I started off at roughly your starting weight and when I started following the plan I ate so much more than you are having and the weight dropped off.

The only reason I mention this is because I would hate to think you were struggling because you were hungry and possibly give up.

sending you lots of good wishes x

Well ladies it wasn't good news, I have firbomyalgia and M.E so I'm rather down in the dumps today!

My mum decided to cheer me up and arrange a lovely lunch problem is she thought I was starting tomorrow not today! her face when she had been and bought all my favourites and I had to tell her I was on Sw she was heartbroken.

We had a little cry and I consoled my self with the yummy non SW munch she bought but..... I'm going to syn the lot and adjust accordingly :) see I mean it this time!

I'm sorry to hear about your health hun. My friend has ME and I know how frustrated she gets as she wants to do so much but just can't, she has lots of other health problems too, not related to the ME but she still leads a good life and has a supportive family. Don't worry too much about lunch and don't be too hard on yourself I'm sure anyone in your position would have done the same.

Gosh, I'm really sorry - here was me thinking it would be ok...but positive thinking it WILL be ok, you will lead a great life and this is just the start of the new you. Big hugs and am always here for support xx

Well girls even tho I have been told this mine isn't as horrendous as other peoples is, just causes me to be very tired with a few headaches and sleep problems but it's not something that will ruin my life atm I just have to be careful how I go!

Thank you for the lovely posts!

Last edited:
wow that is impressive you should be so proud of yourself for not given in temptation. I know if I was feeling down I would be sucked in :) You can do this for yourself and your health, all yuo need is faith :)

Well ladies it wasn't good news, I have firbomyalgia and M.E so I'm rather down in the dumps today!

My mum decided to cheer me up and arrange a lovely lunch problem is she thought I was starting tomorrow not today! her face when she had been and bought all my favourites and I had to tell her I was on Sw she was heartbroken.

We had a little cry and I consoled my self with the yummy non SW munch she bought but..... I'm going to syn the lot and adjust accordingly :) see I mean it this time!

wow that is impressive you should be so proud of yourself for not given in temptation. I know if I was feeling down I would be sucked in :) You can do this for yourself and your health, all yuo need is faith :)

Thanks sweetpea! Normally I wouldn't of synned it hid from minimins for a couple of days and eaten even more junk!

So I'm kinda proud of my self standing up to me demons!

you ok hun?

Fair play, it is scary to face reality at times but sooner then later is less destructive :) Yeah I am great, I faced mine and joined a group today. I don't think I could of done it again on my own. I put 15lbs in 5 weeks, not bad hey ;)

Back