DOING SW FROM HOME???

Yeah, quite quiet mainly cause I've been feeling like I want to die from all the alcohol, and was still drunk for most of yesterday!! Was so bad, I practically passed out whilst laying on a bar D: I realised that I've been focusing on the calories of things a lot lately anyway, so this might just be a bit easier for me at the moment. And yeah, it is crazy how I can stick to 1200 cals a day, but have a gazillion syns haha...

Interview was alright, pretty sure the girl who was interview just before me got it though! It was for the jewellers Warren James, I don't really want it - I just need anything. Bet you're getting crazy excited for Thailand now!! I don't know how you're containing yourself haha! xx

Jade2012 said:
hey ladies, have decided to give the JUDDD a go as it would fit my lifestyle better and I can control the eats on a DD easier than being out and about. Thats just me personally. Anyhow just said I'd let ye know, will pop by now and then to see how ye are all getting on.

Good luck to you all xx

What is judd? :)

Jen x x

Week 1 - 5lb
Week 2 -1.5lb
Week 3 -1/2lb
Week 4 - sts
Week 5 -6.25lb :)
Week 6 - sts

Mission - size 12 in 2012 ;-)

Laura94B said:
Yeah, quite quiet mainly cause I've been feeling like I want to die from all the alcohol, and was still drunk for most of yesterday!! Was so bad, I practically passed out whilst laying on a bar D: I realised that I've been focusing on the calories of things a lot lately anyway, so this might just be a bit easier for me at the moment. And yeah, it is crazy how I can stick to 1200 cals a day, but have a gazillion syns haha...

Interview was alright, pretty sure the girl who was interview just before me got it though! It was for the jewellers Warren James, I don't really want it - I just need anything. Bet you're getting crazy excited for Thailand now!! I don't know how you're containing yourself haha! xx

Good luck hun, you never know! Your weekend sounds fun, well apart from the stinking hangover! I often think about changing to cc, just got my head around sw tho! I don't know!

Jen x x

Week 1 - 5lb
Week 2 -1.5lb
Week 3 -1/2lb
Week 4 - sts
Week 6 - sts

I actually can't contain my excitement!! I honestly haven't ever been as excited about anything, I've been waffling about going there for like 8 years so to finally be going, oh my god, its amazing, so so anxious about leaving my boys for so long, but they'll have a blast and we're staying with BF's best mate who lives in phuket 2 weekends in a row so can skype with them while we're away twice too, so I can see their little faces :)

Juddd is that diet thats like intermittent fasting jen, you have an up day (about 1.5times what you'd usually eat) and a down day of 500cals. Did you watch that horizon show the other week? Have a watch of it, as thats basically what Juddd is, its supposed to be really good for you as doesn't mess you metabolism up like VLCD's do, as it keeps it on its toes as one day is high one low, and theres loads of health benefits for diabetics, people with high blood pressure, heart probs etc. I definitely couldn't do it though, I've fasted enough for one lifetime, back to more balanced diets for me!

I never want to read 500cals a day on my fitness pal ever again! haha.

Great results though. xxxx

Hey All!
Welcome to all the Newbies & Good Luck with starting SW!
I decided to start going the classes for a bit as my friend wanted motivating so will be going the classes for now but still talking to my lovely pals in here!

I've been super good so far this week! No alcohol and no off days so I'm expecting a good loss! The only downside is it's my star week so hope I don't have loads of water retention that will let my hard work down! Ahh well ill know Wed night anyway!

xMwahx

Ummmm, am very tempted by all these vlcd to get a bulk bit of weight off. My worry is that they are obviously not a longterm diet so any weight I'd loose will go straight back on once I ate normally. That's why I took ages to actually start sw, I have a fear of putting all this weight back on plus more. I'd do anything for a quick fix but want to stay sensible! I'd do it for a holiday or something but as I don't have one maybe I should just stick with sw. The thought of eating 2000 calories in one day on juddd is lush tho!

Jen x x

Week 1 - 5lb
Week 2 -1.5lb
Week 3 -1/2lb
Week 4 - sts
Week 6 - sts

Hi Folks
I'm new to this site. I've been popping in and out for a while, just looking at the odd post. I have started the Slimming World plan myself at home today. I'm not a group person, I find that I come off the diet because I don't like going to the group.
I am hoping that this group wil act as my class. I'm much happier on forums.

I've just got to get my head around posting and setting up my signature etc.
All tips and advice welcome.
Debs :)

Ummmm, am very tempted by all these vlcd to get a bulk bit of weight off. My worry is that they are obviously not a longterm diet so any weight I'd loose will go straight back on once I ate normally. That's why I took ages to actually start sw, I have a fear of putting all this weight back on plus more. I'd do anything for a quick fix but want to stay sensible! I'd do it for a holiday or something but as I don't have one maybe I should just stick with sw. The thought of eating 2000 calories in one day on juddd is lush tho!

Jen x x

Noooooooooo! Look how well you are losing this way! If it ain't broke - nothing to fix!

Sweet Banana Omelette - strange but beautiful!

Mash up a banana remembering to syn it!
Two eggs very well beaten.
Vanilla essence
Generous shake of sweetener - whisk the mixture.
Spray frying pan with fry light - get pan really hot.
Pour in mixture like making an omelette - cook until happy to eat it.

Serve with fresh raspberries plus a vanilla mullerlight on top - OMG!

Saw this post from another Minimin - patience

[h=2]see this on FB, thought it might help :)[/h]
First, let me tell you about Gabby. Gabby is 180 pounds and would dearly love to be 130 pounds. So she joins a weight loss class and starts a diet. In the first week she loses 4 pounds. Her reaction? "Fantastic!" "At this rate, I'll be 130 pounds in 3 months or less! Yippee!"

However, in the second week she loses nothing. Her reaction? "Disaster! Panic! Help! - I'm a useless fat lump!"

But she perseveres (grudgingly) and in week three loses another 2 pounds. Her reaction? "Big deal!"

So after three weeks dieting, she has lost 6 pounds which is perfect for someone of her weight. But it's not good enough for Gabby. As far as Gabby is concerned, it's no big deal. And over the next fortnight, all her enthusiasm flies out the window. Why?

Because it has dawned on Gabby that if she continues to lose 2 pounds a week, it's going to take her 6 months to slim down to her dream size. And Gabby does not have 6 months to wait. Because Gabby is much too busy. Poor old Gabby. She refuses to accept that losing weight takes time. Unfortunately, until she changes her attitude she will never lose weight in a thousand years.

Now take Kate, another member of Gabby's weight-loss group, who is exactly the same height and weight as Gabby. She loses weight at the same speed as Gabby, but her attitude to dieting is completely different. She knows it's easy to lose weight at the start of a diet, because most of it is fluid.

So when she loses 4 pounds in week one, she doesn't rush out and celebrate. She just stays calm and carries on dieting.

Equally, when she loses nothing in week two, she doesn't panic or get depressed. She just takes it in her stride and carries on dieting.

You see, Kate isn't really bothered WHAT happens in the first few weeks. She is much more concerned about the long term. So she bides her time and carries on. In fact, she carries on dieting and gradually shedding pounds for the next 12 weeks. Result? She loses a total of 30 pounds. Then celebrates! She takes her husband's credit card on a shopping trip and buys a gorgeous red dress which makes her look ten years younger!

She wears the dress to a local wedding and guess who she meets? Gabby! The same old Gabby who didn't have the patience to spend 3 months dieting. The same old Gabby who is now even fatter. The same old Gabby who is now crammed into elasticated pants and looking tired, red-faced and distinctly uncomfortable.

After the wedding, Kate goes back on her diet. She still has weight to lose. However, the reaction of her family and friends to her new slim shape has given her a real boost. Result? She finds dieting a lot easier. After four months later she is down another 30 pounds.

Meanwhile, Gabby too has been busy. She has started and stopped several new diets. Why does she keep stopping? Because the diets are too 'slow' for her liking. Remember, Gabby does NOT have time for slow diets. She's a fast-tracker!

Wow, how true is that! Thank you for that. I know there's no fast road to being your target weight. I just get frustrated at times, but will stick with it!

This is why I need this place!!

Jen x x

Week 1 - 5lb
Week 2 -1.5lb
Week 3 -1/2lb
Week 4 - sts
Week 6 - sts

Jen x x

Week 1 - 5lb
Week 2 -1.5lb
Week 3 -1/2lb
Week 4 - sts
Week 6 - sts

Jen don't do a vlcd love, your BMI is already within a range thats too good for one. The NHS only recommends if you're over 30 BMI, so you've already done too fantasically for one. When I started my BMI was over 30, I wouldn't do one now it's under and even when I come back I've still got 1.5stone to go, and thats gonna be with SW/CC mix. Your losses have been fab, you definitely don't need one. xxx

Hi Folks
I'm new to this site. I've been popping in and out for a while, just looking at the odd post. I have started the Slimming World plan myself at home today. I'm not a group person, I find that I come off the diet because I don't like going to the group.
I am hoping that this group wil act as my class. I'm much happier on forums.

I've just got to get my head around posting and setting up my signature etc.
All tips and advice welcome.
Debs :)

Welcome :) Everyone here is super helpful and quite a few of us have been on the plan for a while now, so anything you need help with just let us know. The plan is fab, just always try and snack on superfree, I started off snacking on pasta n sauce and supernoodles as it was free, but thats silly to snack on as I was eating a gazillion calories without realising as it was free. If you're doing EE plan, make sure you try and do the 1/3 superfree on your plate, as it'll make the world of difference. And use up all your syns, definitely at the start. I didn't like groups either, and this forum is great as its constant, no waiting every week for a tiny bit of support. Good luck Xx

Brilliant link and it is true what they say it isn't a race, it's about learning to look after your body in the long term!

Just made carrot n corriander soup with a kick of chilli ready for my lunch in work the next few days! I'm so proud of myself learning to cook and showing myself and others that I am dedicated! I love how I feel so elated at the minute and am constantly looking for new things to try! I don't really crave naughty things anymore coz I know that I can have them in moderation but mainly because I know that when I get on the scales each week and see a loss I'll be proud

Looking forward to my free soup tomorro and I'm also looking forward to tea...Tuna steak, jacket pot and roasted veg! Mmm...who says diets are boring haha!

Night all x

Morning all. Tilly, your soup sounds amazing!! Carrot and coriander is my favourite. I'll be making lots of soups once the weather turns I think. Do you make a big batch and freeze it? Just wondering what to freeze it in?

My hubby has been doing move fitness on ps3. He does it everyday, sometimes only 8min and 40mins at times. He did one last night that burnt off 640 calories!! That's loads! Might give it a try, well a 20min version anyhow.

The super 6 for 69p at aldi is fab this week. Loving aldi at the mo!!

Jen x x

Week 1 - 5lb
Week 2 -1.5lb
Week 3 -1/2lb
Week 4 - sts
Week 6 - sts

Morning all. Tilly, your soup sounds amazing!! Carrot and coriander is my favourite. I'll be making lots of soups once the weather turns I think. Do you make a big batch and freeze it? Just wondering what to freeze it in?

My hubby has been doing move fitness on ps3. He does it everyday, sometimes only 8min and 40mins at times. He did one last night that burnt off 640 calories!! That's loads! Might give it a try, well a 20min version anyhow.

The super 6 for 69p at aldi is fab this week. Loving aldi at the mo!!

Jen x x

Week 1 - 5lb
Week 2 -1.5lb
Week 3 -1/2lb
Week 4 - sts
Week 6 - sts

Hi Jen

I often make soup in the winter and freeze it in batches using 'Pour & Store' bags. The cheapest place I have found them is Home Bargains, about 80p for a box of six.

Hope this helps

Sarah xx

Yeah, those bags are a good way to do it - or even cheaper, use leftover tubs from takeaways and portion it into them, that's what I do! I just wait for the soup to cool a bit, pour it in and shove it in the freezer. When you want some, just take it out and you can either leave it to defrost and then heat up, or just put it straight in the microwave stirring every few mins! :) x

Off for my final slim and save WI. So nervous!! Xx

Back