DOING SW FROM HOME???

Laura94B said:
Lucy, on green days you can have cheese for a HexB :) I can't see what's wrong with what is on that list, so I don't know what to say for the 5lb gain :\

2 lots??? Where's the grain though?

Wow you lot do talk a lot!!

Lucy, have you recently started going to the gym and being more active?

I only ask as your body retains water. Also is it totm? Body does the same again.

Couple of things and I COULD be wrong but here goes,
Heb is not baby bell light,
How did you stir fry? In spray? Which type?
Did you blend your fruit?
Lasagne - was it dried or fresh pasta?
Heb - again not cheese, it's bread/alpens..

Thanks Lucy. On green days you can have cheese as a healthy extra b choice. I stirfry in fry light and soy sauce and the lasagne sheets were dried. Didn't blend my fruit

I'm sorry we don't have more helpful advice. Only thing I can suggest is upping your protein intake, as this helps control hunger and aids portion control. It's really helped me, and I see before you were eating protein shakes and bars so maybe the body is missing the extra protein?

As well as beans/legumes, how about quorn or tofu to boost your protein levels? After a few meals with more protein you may be able to scale back your portion sizes of fruit veg and carb a little if that's what you think may be hiding you back...
Thank you. I will give it a go :)

You see, you 'think' you know the plan but it's always worth asking...I never knew green meant that but you can't have it the other way on red- lesson learnt for today!

Hi, I wondered if anyone can please help me.
I joined sw online 2 weeks ago and have put on 5lb now :( feel like giving up! I am vegetarian so do green days. Have about 1 and a half stone to lose. Very active and go to the gym most days.

My diary for the last few days looks like this:
Saturday
Free foods - baked beans, pasta bake (made with whole grain pasta, passata, cottage cheese and a bag of mixed veg), stirfry noodles (the dried ones) and veg, spinach, fromais frais
he a - 3 baby bell lights
he b - 2 aldi benefit cereal bars and 3 more baby bell lights
syns- low fat actimal yog peach flavour (1 syn) and 2 highlights hit chocolates (4syns)

Sunday
free foods- mixed fruit (raspberry, blackberry, blueberry), fromais frais, spinach lasagne (made with spinach, cottage cheese,egg and passata), stirfry noodles (left over from sat) and cottage cheese
he a- 3 baby bell lights
he b - 3 baby bell lights, 50g feta cheese
syns - actimal yog (1syn), 2 options hot choc (4 syns)

Monday
free foods - pasta bake (ingredients as above), spaghetti , cottage cheese, lettuce, onion, whole grain rice
hea- 3 baby bells, 3 babybells

Heb - 50g feta, 75g Phili light.
syns- 3 hot chocs (6 syns) actimal light (1 syns)

Any help would be great. Many thanks

I could be wrong - just my thoughts...

I can't see anything wrong with your list exactly, apart from that you are not eating enough fruit. One of the class leaders always used to say that if you were not losing you are probably not eating enough fruit.

Also, that is a lot of cheese you are having. Although you are allowed to use your HexB's for cheese, I'm thinking it might be worth trying to have something different for each Hex.
Is it definitely 50g of feta you are allowed? When I joined the club last it was 42g although it could have changed.

Are your scales working properly? I found out mine were not and every time I get on them they read different (with a 4lb variance!) so I need to get some new ones.

I wish you better luck! It must be so frustrating for you. *hugs*

Hi G2012, I have found in the past that I can eat an awful lot of starchy/carby food on Green, And I know when I eat too much of those foods the scales don't move in the right direction!! So, I try and have eggs or fruit in the morning, and have pasta/rice/potato for lunch and dinner, and try not to have huge portions of the pasta/rice/potato, I love those foods but I know I can eat a lot of them!!
Mrsp13, I have to travel to a city 2 hrs away tomorrow and have packed a selection of Green food to take with me. I will have a banana and coffee before I leave at 6am, and will have dried prunes (heb) and almonds (hea) and a smoothie made with 0 percent greek yogurt, berries and banana (syns counted as they are blended) for breakfast while travelling. The smoothie is filling and easier that eating fruit and yogurt with a spoon on a train!! I made an egg salad wrap (with finely chopped veggies in a cornmeal wrap), and small apple and a small pear for journey back tomorrow afternoon. I have chickpea curry (made in a batch yesterday) for my dinner when I get home. I think it will be a satisfying menu and I have only used syns on my smoothie and wrap.

Thanks Helen.

Yes, double checked everything and it's all free.
I don't drink milk, and the portions of veg I have are huge though I admit I don't like too much fruit. I go through 4 bags of mixed veg a week at the moment as I am adding so much to the food I eat.
i do like pulses and quite often I have baked beans for breakfast. I tried the mushy pea curry too last week. I also drink lots of water. I'm not sure if I'm just eating too much :(

You really should be able to eat until you are stuffed, free food is just that...free! Really at a bit of a loss to see where you are going wrong. Maybe try sticking to just 5 syns and eating more free food? Have a look at the food diaries section here for ideas about exactly what others are eating too.

Thank you everyone.

I will try upping my protein and trting different meals this week. I think i may just be eating too much and it could be because of less protein than i was having before. Will have a scoop of protein shake as my syns this week and see how I get on. Really hope i have a loss! Good luck to all of you and thank you again for all your help.

Hopefully i will be able to return the support once I start losing!xx

Morning all! I can't keep up with all the newbies, so welcome everyone! And yes, we chat lots and lots!!

Really really hoping for a loss at wi tomorrow. I've been a good girl (mostly!) and run and swam too, fingers crossed! I know I'm getting there as have gone from being size 16-18 to now wearing size 12-14 :p

Gonna search menu threads now, feel like something different for tea. Have got chicken, mince and salmon so something exciting with one of them (not all, ha!)

Happy sw day to all :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Morning everyone,
Haven't written in a while, been really poorly I have a water infection and the pain I had over the weekend was awful :( I am now on antibiotics and feeling a lil better! I haven't done that well with eating as I have been eaating when I feel up to it, and the OH has been cooking and I have had so much chocolate! I am feeling much better today though so I am guna get back on it today!
Thanks everyone about writing about trying on wedding dresses, I have am off t one shop in leeds and another in harrogate now, I am off t the one in Leeds in 1 month so I need to try lose as much as possible then I am off to the harrogate one in November! I am hoping by November I have lost over a stone! I no what sort of dress I WANT but jus gotta try them on see if they suit me! Us too are doin the wedding on a budget, so i ave set a limit on the dress, the good thing about the wedding dress shop in Harrogate is they have a ex Sample rail which means they won't b sent away t order but can jus alter that one depending on shape of the dress!! So gotta shift this fat!!
I am guna try have a red day see how I get ont! Thinking egg salad for lunch. Then pork chops(fat removed) and stirfried veggies and carrot mash for dinner yum!!

Having a bad day with lil legs today, his 2but already answering me back. His already had 2 trips to the naughty spot this morning :S.. So after I have done the mountain of ironing and the house work I may be ooff out on a lil walk!! These days drive me potty but I'm guna b an emtional wreck when he starts school nursery in january :( !!
Anyway ladies have a brilliant day
Xxxxxxx

Aw Jen it must feel fantastic to be getting in the 12s/14s again! Well done you :p I'm feeling good this morning - woke up to having 5 followers on my blog now, yay! (Doesn't sound like much, but I am happy people want to read what I'm saying :p) Also got my size 14 control leggings on this morning and they're not killing me (just about)! Off to my Jobseeker's Allowance interview and am determined to get it this time! Woop! Here's to a good day! :D x

Cheers girlies! Laura, what an earth are control leggings?!

Poor you Sam! I had a horrendous water infection last summer that travelled to my kidneys. Was the worst fortnight ever! I completely sympathise and sod sw when you're poorly, just concentrate on getting better. Big hugs, nasty nasty x x

Oh yeah! MrsP13, let me know how you find the midwifery course, seriously tempted to apply for next year :) x

I'd love to retrain and do midwifery too, hard work I know but rewarding according to a couple of friends... my trouble is I just lack the confidence and know I would doubt myself all the time with the decisions that need to be made sometimes....

en a good girl (mostly!) and run and swam too, fingers crossed! I know I'm getting there as have gone from being size 16-18 to now wearing size 12-14 :p

Gonna search menu threads now, feel like something different for tea. Have got chicken, mince and salmon so something exciting with one of them (not all, ha!)

Happy sw day to all :)

Jen the indian over the road does a lovely curry dish with both chicken breast and beef mince and it works surprisingly well together ....

You're doing great on the exercise side of things you're bound to loose this week must be great dropping dress sizes like that.. still waiting for that incentive to kick in...

Day 3 of being back on plan and I can feel the benefits although I am still very bloated even though I've cut back on wheat again and have stomach ache even though I've not long eaten breakfast.. (lean bacon egg and button mushrooms) I'm only having one protion a day at the very most.... anyway syns all balanced out again after going over slightly on monday....

Taking Eldest Daughter to lunch today she wants a KFC so I'll just grab the chicken salad and diet coke... then back to zumba class again tonight so homemade mushroom soup and small salad late afternoon, then something small for dinner at about 8pm

Hoping everyone is having a good day

Aww sammie hope you feel loads better soon

I remember mine when they first started answering back I was :eek: I had to give up with the naughty step in the end they used to be naughty then run and put themselves on it

ultrabluedress said:
Jen the indian over the road does a lovely curry dish with both chicken breast and beef mince and it works surprisingly well together ....

You're doing great on the exercise side of things you're bound to loose this week must be great dropping dress sizes like that.. still waiting for that incentive to kick in...

Thanks hun, not sure where my motivation came from really. I suppose it was finally being sick of my reflection and to loose weight I started the exercise before the diet. Once the weight started coming off it just spurred me on and 4 months later I started sw. In March I used to chant size 12 in 2012 when running! My sister laughed at me and told me I should be more realistic, so this made me even more determined.....she's a silly mare! Always rely on family to be supportive!! To be fair, I never dreamt I'd actually buy a size 12 item of clothing, it's crazy!

Just had lunch and really fancied twiglets. Searched for syns and they're 5 syns for 25g, so I weighed them out but was loads, I had 12g for 2.5syns and it was a perfect amount, very happy! I do love that I can still eat nice things :p

Feeling not so well again this afternoon so haven't done much n I had a boiled egg to eat!! I'm jus guna try stomach pork chops later!! Least lil legs is behaving now :) xx

Back