DOING SW FROM HOME???

Thanks Jen :) Just done day 2 and its only 7.25am haha. My OH gets up early to go to work and usually i cant get back to sleep so i lie their and i just thought i might as well use that time more effectively. Its only 20mins so its nothing really and i've got more energy first thing rather than 7 at night when i finish work!
I miss lasagne, not sure i'd like a replacement, i think it'd rather syn it! Plus my OH is a bit fussy about things like that, pain in the backside!

Great stuff on the shred, I wish I was brave enough to try it again but I know it will aggrievate my shoulder and neck

To be honest with the lasagne you don't really notice it is SW friendly even my hubs likes it and he's fussier than the kids.

I just make up the meat sauce as for a spag bol the layer it with roasted peppers (Thanks to Charl and her bright idea) and blob either fat free creme freiche or fat free ricotta on top of the meat top layer is hex cheese

next time I'm going to try spinach instead of pasta ( last time I had it I used lasagne sheets and really didn't enjoy it) esp if you haven't got time to roast the peppers.. How did it work with the egg Jen, did you mix it with the cheese etc?

Stuck for ideas for dinner tonight, kids are sorted with sausages and chips, I forgot to buy low fat sausages last night grrr, hubs not coming up with any ideas as yet which doesn't help

I had pasta at lunch (just need to try and syn it,) my friend who's doing SW cooked for us so bought the ready done fresh tortellini pasta, he didn't make us a sauce though so we were good ;) and I had spag bol last night so don't really fancy pasta again..

Last edited:
The lasagne was good, the topping wasn't too saucy cos the egg set it. But I enjoyed it, got it again tonight! Stir fry tonight?

Am feeling a bit bad cos my hubby is loosing weight. He does the move fitness on playstation as wants to get fit. But that combined with my sw cooking isn't good, he's now 63kg and 6ft8in, bmi of 20 so nearly underweight! He's not that bothered, I've told him to stop the move but he wants to build up muscle. I don't want to start adding more calories to meals or cook separately, what do I do? How nice to 'have' to be fattened up hey!! He's buying steak and a choc pudding for him tonight!

:)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Jen all I can suggest is to add extra cheese/bread/treats for him? Other than that, I'm just jealous that he needs to put on weight :p

I'm really hoping for a good loss this week, felt like a saint walking past nandos, taco bell, fish and chips etc and sitting with my water and alpen light on the bus! :p x

I have the same problem with my boyfriend. I buy in Muller rice or crisps and chocolate the only problem is that sometimes you get ever so tempted to eat the stuff.

had my first weigh-in, was delighted to be down 2.5lbs. i know to some thats not overwhelming but to me its a great start. i had a terrible weekend so i was surprised to have a loss at all. gonna keep on track of things better now and try do some extra exercise this week. theres a zumba class starting close enough to home so i might try that

had my first weigh-in, was delighted to be down 2.5lbs. i know to some thats not overwhelming but to me its a great start. i had a terrible weekend so i was surprised to have a loss at all. gonna keep on track of things better now and try do some extra exercise this week. theres a zumba class starting close enough to home so i might try that
That is a great loss well done. well done. I think, I ever ost 2.5 lbs once only. My losses are slow but there is no hurry and eventually, I get there knowing that this a life plan to stay for a long long time.

tyretummy said:

That's fantastic, a brilliant loss!! :)

skinnylegs said:
I have the same problem with my boyfriend. I buy in Muller rice or crisps and chocolate the only problem is that sometimes you get ever so tempted to eat the stuff.

I know! That's the problem, gonna need lots of self control :eek:

I put all his stuff in a tin and just dont go in there and I have a tin for me too but it's not quite as nice e.g doesn't have stickers in it but chomps and rocky bars.

How many syns are chomps? Gonna have to get some small choc bars in for me or I'll give in to the nice galaxy bars!

Oh dearie me! Another 3 days off plan for me, been at the hospital all day with jack so we had treats and whatever he wanted for dinner, so not SW dinner for me, and all they had at hosp was crap and i had a slim 20 min window to find something to eat and get back there. And we got pizza on Sunday, I've been craving it for like 2 months so actually was worth it! But leftovers meant obviously i had it for bfast yesterday too! Eek! Not going to weight myself til Friday and just try and do some damage control. It's been a horrible day, jack had his squint corrected and I nearly cried about 10 times. :( he's been so brave and brilliant, total star, he thought he'd gone blind and panicked, must be so scary poor lil boy.

Ooo all this talk is making me want lasagne!

2.5lbs loss is great, well done.

And to you Laura for walking passed Nando! I know u love that place, how's the work exp going?

Planned my foods for tomorrow so back to it for me :) can't wait to feel less bloated! X

Not sure about chomps, but I get the small milky bars 63kcal so I do them as 3.25 syns ha! And one finger time outs 85kcaks so 4.25 syns all sold at Poundland. Also they've got the weight watcher range in at the mo, and they do salt and vinegar style hooks hoops for 75kcals so 3.75 syns. X

Thanks love, just hoping he's ok when he wakes up and the hardcore meds have worn off xx

Oh dearie me! Another 3 days off plan for me, been at the hospital all day with jack so we had treats and whatever he wanted for dinner, so not SW dinner for me, and all they had at hosp was crap and i had a slim 20 min window to find something to eat and get back there. And we got pizza on Sunday, I've been craving it for like 2 months so actually was worth it! But leftovers meant obviously i had it for bfast yesterday too! Eek! Not going to weight myself til Friday and just try and do some damage control. It's been a horrible day, jack had his squint corrected and I nearly cried about 10 times. :( he's been so brave and brilliant, total star, he thought he'd gone blind and panicked, must be so scary poor lil boy.

Ooo all this talk is making me want lasagne!

2.5lbs loss is great, well done.

And to you Laura for walking passed Nando! I know u love that place, how's the work exp going?

Planned my foods for tomorrow so back to it for me :) can't wait to feel less bloated! X

Oh bless him, I used to work in the childrens and young peoples work force and had a young person in my care who had a squint correction, must be Horrid watching a little one go through it!! Be worth it in the end though!!

Crikes charl, can imagine it was a stressful day! Sometimes life is more important than worrying about sw plans and syns. As you said, 3 days for damage control! Bless Jack, how did they do it, was he awake? It must have been tough, I love that kids are tonnes better than the parents!! Is he off school this week? x

He was put to sleep, it was the waking up part that was pretty awful for him, he was so stressed he wouldn't take the codine he was adamant his eyes were broken and nothing would fix them, as soon as I managed to persuade him to take it he decided he was hungry then was a right trooper and was fine after that. Been a long day tho, there at half 7 and left at 3. I'm shattered too, at least it's done, so yep he's off school for the week, am hoping I can get some work done if we colour/ work together, as its getting near essay time again, scary xx

Chomps are 5.5 syns. It's not fruit and nut but it's got some chocolate on it.

aww charl poor little mite..but kids are so resiliant more than we realise esp when they are younger.. painkillers wear off they cry,you give them more and the pain is forgotten, whereas we put ourselves through the mill over it....

as for the diet youve got enough to worry about

Back