DOING SW FROM HOME???

There's a nice sounding recipe in sw mag, rice, milk, sweetener, nutmeg, cinnamon. On ee is 3 syns so I'm assuming that's not using the milk as hex. Ummmm, might try it :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

2 hexA's on red too dear x

I only make rice pudding with water as I use my HexA for milk in tea and cheese usually (not the cheese in tea) lol I add lots of sweetener, like 7 tabs into the water while it cooks and then a vanilla yog once its all cooled down. I do this on the window sill as I want to eat it right away lol

I've no idea what to have either! I've got a leftover chilli con carne but really fancy an Indian tonight! Might be a chicken jalfrezi for 8.5 syns I think! :D

I'm making one of MissPeri's curries tonight. More authentic than what you get from the take away I'm guessing but you have do the work yourself :-( She has a recipe thread with some yummy Indian dishes on.

Hi i am also new to this page and doing it from home, been recommended by a friend from work. i started with slimming world but didn't find the consultant very good or very helpful so I'm out on my own!

Scrap rice pudding as hubby just walked thru the door with a valerie patisserie cake, aarrgghh! :-(

I might have huge plate of cauliflower cheese with limited cheese. I might add some fish cakes for 6 syns or some chips for 4.5 or onion rings for whatever they are for 100 or 150g

Mmmm onion rings!!

Scrap rice pudding as hubby just walked thru the door with a valerie patisserie cake, aarrgghh! :-(

Never mind Jen! Have a bit, enjoy it and then start over later tonight/tomorrow :)

And thanks again guys, I was extremely surprised with the loss haha - think part of it was last week's loss too as I only lost 2lbs last week but had TOTM bloat!

Thoroughly enjoying my day off but not eaten one good thing all day other than a tangerine haha! Never mind :p

Ordered the next Game of Thrones book the other day (book 3 - A Storm of Swords part 1) but it still hadn't come when I left the house earlier so just bought it when I was in town :p plan to take the online ordered one back to the shop with the shop receipt so I get the money back though haha! Just about to sit down with it and a Malteaser bunny :) Yum!

Went to the gym and worked really hard, aching now :) Nice ache though! x

Does anyone have the recipe for the 5 spice gammon? Think it has soy sauce in it too? I read it on here a few days ago but cant find it now!

Serves 4
Syns 1 per serving (4 for the whole recipe)

Ingredients
2 tsp Chinese 5-Spice powder
4 x 175g gammon steak cut into bite-sized pieces (remove all the fat first)
Frylite or other syn-free cooking spray
2 red chillies, deseeded and finely sliced
Finely grated zest and juice of an orange
1 level tbsp of runny honey
100 ml of chicken stock
2 tbsp dark soy sauce
Pak choi to serve
Egg noodles to serve

Method

1 - Cook the noodles according to packet instructions

2 - Sprinkle the 5-spice powder over the gammon pieces.

3 - Put a few sprays of frylite into a wok or large frying pan.

4 - Cook the gammon over a high heat for around 2-3 minutes until the edges are slighty browned.

5 - Add the soy sauce, honey, red chillies, orange zest and juice and stock and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until the sauce becomes sticky and the gammon is glazed and golden (with slightly burned edges if you like that sort of thing).

6 - Serve straight away with pak choi and cooked egg noodles, and any pan juices poured over.

I'm making one of MissPeri's curries tonight. More authentic than what you get from the take away I'm guessing but you have do the work yourself :-( She has a recipe thread with some yummy Indian dishes on.

Ooo ill have to check that out I do love Indian food! Do you know the name of the thread?

yeah onion rings 4 for 8 syns! Another yummy thing for my mates to eat when they come over. Once I get all the things out of the freezer that I would love to eat but refuse to spend syns on I'll be able to stock up on meat free mince etc which will help out.

The 30 day shred is an exercise DVD made by the fitness bird from biggest loser, its basically a circuit training session that lasts about 25mins doing strength, cardio, abs. theres 3 levels and you do 10 of each until its done, you don't actually have to do it in 30 days, but its a really good dvd for getting you into exercise if you haven't done much as you see yourself getting fitter quickly. xx

Thank you love xx

Just about to tuck into a recipe out of the free booklet that came with the latest SW mag.... Cheesy broccoli and potato bake, will let you all know how it is :)

yeah onion rings 4 for 8 syns! Another yummy thing for my mates to eat when they come over. Once I get all the things out of the freezer that I would love to eat but refuse to spend syns on I'll be able to stock up on meat free mince etc which will help out.

Ooo I think I'd have some for 2 syns each!! :D

Back