DOING SW FROM HOME???

I used to use Boots for my weigh in too! I like the little report you get!

I asked DH for some good bathroom scales and a steamer for my present and now I do it at home.

My first weigh in today - 1.5lb off! The ticker has started moving to the right direction!!! :D

I weigh from home too and even use the same kitchen tile each time so i know there has been no variation apart from my eating and relative weight!!

I would defo like to join as I am unable to get to a SW class as I am a full-time student at university and a full time mum to my two boys.

I have all of the books I will weigh myself in boots every other week and feel that it will be really nice to give support in whatever way I can and also receive support.

A lot of people have mentioned that it can be difficult to stay motivated and keep on track at home.
So ladies what tips can we give each other that could help us be successful at home?

What about starting an exercise program ?
I've just started running, it's hard work and it makes me think twice about what I am eating x

Ang17, do u mean the kids playing up takes your mind off eating or the Internet takes your mind off kids playing up lol
I do find evenings difficult ESP as I gave up smoking 3 months ago and feel the need to nibble at night. I'm going to start making puddings ( low syn) too because I don't seem to stop nibbling until I have eaten something sweet!! One of my fav's sw cheese cake yum MMmmmmmmm

mcv said:
Ang17, do u mean the kids playing up takes your mind off eating or the Internet takes your mind off kids playing up lol
I do find evenings difficult ESP as I gave up smoking 3 months ago and feel the need to nibble at night. I'm going to start making puddings ( low syn) too because I don't seem to stop nibbling until I have eaten something sweet!! One of my fav's sw cheese cake yum MMmmmmmmm

Try the sw ferrero rochers for those sweet urges, hits the spot

I've been on and off Slimming World since about 2008. It was very successful once losing about 1.5st while at Uni. This was done on my own using books borrowed from my mum from when she did it.

In May this year I attended SW groups for the first time with my sister - but she didn't stay after WI and as she was my ride I didn't either! But i lost about 11lbs - then went to work in London for a summer camp for a month and gained half a stone! I tried losing it but my weight loss slowed down despite doing kettleworx too! Got fed up waking up at stupid o'clock on a Saturday and paying £5 a week!

Anyway long story short - New year and i need to lose this weight for good! I've joined a gym and am going to follow the plan at home....
.... I just still have no will power at the moment. Help! Lol!
Xx

im buying wii fit plus at the weekend

Is anyone doing SW from home but has joined online?

I usually go to class when I decide to start following the plan but circumstances at the mo are that I can't get to one. I have followed it on my own too in the past and if in the right frame of mind, I lose weight.
I am thinking about joining online which I know doesn't have great reviews but I would like to have access to the 'new' changes and syns online.

Can anyone confirm that the online data is up to date?

Hi, I'm a newbie here and also doing SW from home. I've done SW at a class many moons ago, and WW both at a class and by myself, and i have to say, for me a class has been excellent motivation.
I've had a good read through the SW website as I've joined on a 3 month subscription but I can't say I'm hugely impressed. Not wanting to sound like a right moaning minnie:eek: but simple things like the healthy extras pdf list saying you can have 28g of porridge and a scan bran but elsewhere it says 35g, which isn't mentioned on the list.
So I would prefer to attend a class, but as I live so remotely there aren't any. My remote living also limits what food is available - I don't have much supermarket choice and availability of fresh produce can be limited at times. But I am determined to remain positive and manage the plan as best I can :)

Hi everyone

I plan on doing slimming world from home as my fella has the car the night of our local meeting, plus I get way too embarassed in public situations like that, so I have vowed to stick to the plan at home :eek:

We're doing a big food shop on monday, so my plan is to increase my water intake over the next few days to 2 litres ready to start the plan 100% on monday

just wanted to pop by and say hello :)

I usually go to class when I decide to start following the plan but circumstances at the mo are that I can't get to one. I have followed it on my own too in the past and if in the right frame of mind, I lose weight.
I am thinking about joining online which I know doesn't have great reviews but I would like to have access to the 'new' changes and syns online.

I'm really glad you posted the fact the online site doesn't have great reviews. i thought i was just being mardy :lol: I've found it inconsistent - I just posted about the porridge, and I've found discrepencies in quorn products syn values too. I think maybe the electronic diary section the values are correct, but elsewhere may not be:rolleyes: And then there's the *diary* free foods...:rolleyes:

Hi there,
I am also doing this without the help of the slimming world class. I have to say i couldn't give any higher praise to the group I attended last time I did this diet but now I am back at college it doesn't suit me to attend! Hopefully this time I will succeed and this website seems to be brilliant at any kind of query regarding weight loss! :)

lentil2 said:

It wasn't a few days ago, well not the PDFs anyhoo.

Thought I'd check again after reading this. Can I find the syns and HEX PDFs????

Now, I'm doing well with the plan but the online SW is just horrible.

The site layout is bad, the databases are clunky, the e-mails repetitive and impersonal.

I was at the end of my 3 months yesterday and in two minds whether to continue paying. Hello automatic payment!

Rant over.

PS if anyone can find the PDFs can you tell me. It's bugging me. :)

Pavster -

From the home page go to 'my weight loss plan' on the red tool bar
That should open a new screen 'getting started with food optimising' On the right hand side there is a green coloured box. 3rd option is 'download your food optimising lists'. Click on that and you will see on the right links to download each one.

HTH

Back