DOING SW FROM HOME???

Thanks Bobafett.

Could find it the other day but not today.

Good News - Looks like they've updated the syns and hexs now.

Bad News - can't log in through Safari and can't download the files in Opera.

Sigh.

I have decided to go it alone at home and with the help of everyone on this site I am hoping I will be nice and slim for the summer :O) xo

Im doing it from home, tried classes and with a hubby on shifts and 2 kids its hard to get there all the time. If i miss a class I dont track then I go off track completely. First real time going solo so hoping to keep myself motivated here and not cheat myself.

I'm also going it alone at home. Have had 4 Different classes in my area in the past couple if years and I personally got nothing out of them but SW is a great eating plan so i'll be trying to stay with it...I find it very difficult to lose weight with SW and it's very slow but it's doable and I need to be patient. Have started kettle bell training and spinning so hoping that helps speed it up a bit :)

Hi this is my second attempt at home and I am determined to do it this time as my health is now suffering. I am so glad I found this thread as now I have people I can speak to for support as my s/w consultant was rubbish and hopefully make some new friends :p Good luck everyone :)

i do it at home.. have been doing it since september,i find the advice on here really helpful and i bought an e-document off ebay which is basically the slimming world booklet ..but i guess that will be out of date now due to the changes ..
i have been to the classes in the past but i really dont have the time to go now..and i dont have the money to sign up to do it online..

Hi everyone.
I'm following the plan from home, simply because i cannot afford to go to the classes at the moment. However i also like the fact that i dont have to answer to someone except myself if my loss isnt great. Ive found in the past at my local group, the leader wasnt always supportive. However im on the path now and i will do this!!

Hi.
Ive been on & off SW for a few years now & lost quite a lot. I never actually stayed to class- just weighed in, so I know I can do it on my own.
Back on track now & had a really good first week...or so I thought...put 1lb on!!! :(
And that is not the direction I was aiming for, especially not on week one!

Argh!!

mcv said:
Ang17, do u mean the kids playing up takes your mind off eating or the Internet takes your mind off kids playing up lol
I do find evenings difficult ESP as I gave up smoking 3 months ago and feel the need to nibble at night. I'm going to start making puddings ( low syn) too because I don't seem to stop nibbling until I have eaten something sweet!! One of my fav's sw cheese cake yum MMmmmmmmm

A bit of both I guess, LOL.

Another thing to motivate will be 'fat club' at work! A group of us pay £1 per week over a set time period we get weighed at work and the person who losses most overall gets all the money paid in.

Hi, how do you make SW cheesecake? I am doing SW at home too I did it a few years ago and did really well I then stayed on plan whilst i was pregnant and could not loose any weight after that. i have tried a few things since but im going to do SW plan again! Im trying to get the books together at the moment. Good luck everyone!

Looking forward to my first week weigh in on Sunday..... that's scary!!
Also, the first £10 went in the tin today (£5 for last Sunday and £5 for Sunday coming) so i will be able to treat myself when i reach each mini target. Thinking about limiting my treat amount to £10 so that there will be plenty left to buy new clothes that i will need when i get to target! Or i could just sweet talk my OH into buying me some! ha ha. Depends though, if i lose it fairly quickly (as for the first time ever i am sticking to it 100%!!!!!!!!!) i might not have much to spend! Oooo dilema, stick to it and lose the weight quicker or drag it out so i have more money to spend on goodies! :doh:

Think it's going to be the first option every time!!
If i have a good first week, my first mini target of 6lb loss might be met, each other time i have done SW my first week has either been 4 or 5lbs and i can honestly say i didn't stick to it 100% then but i most certainly am now.

Think i might go and put a food diary on now. Have a manual one but if i put one on here, please please please let me know if i am doing anything wrong!

Sineadsss said:
ive tried it from home and couldnt my will power is low. did anyone gain over christmas

I have terrible will power, but in moments of weakness i just stop deep breathe to a count of ten and ask meself do I want to eat it or do I want a loss more!

I gained 7lb over Xmas back on plan since Monday and lost 1lb by weds morning weigh in!!!
YOU CAN DO IT!!! :0)

mcv said:
A lot of people have mentioned that it can be difficult to stay motivated and keep on track at home.
So ladies what tips can we give each other that could help us be successful at home?

What about starting an exercise program ?
I've just started running, it's hard work and it makes me think twice about what I am eating x

I go on wii fit, love the hula hoop!! :) also when I'm watching tele I wait for the adverts then hit the deck and start doing sit ups to see how many I can get in before my programme comes back on!

And I swear by grapefruits!!! At least one or two a day!!!

mcv said:
Ang17, do u mean the kids playing up takes your mind off eating or the Internet takes your mind off kids playing up lol
I do find evenings difficult ESP as I gave up smoking 3 months ago and feel the need to nibble at night. I'm going to start making puddings ( low syn) too because I don't seem to stop nibbling until I have eaten something sweet!! One of my fav's sw cheese cake yum MMmmmmmmm

Try the sw roulade, it's lush!! My favourite is sw Eton mess, it's basically muller light vanilla, hand full of berries, and half a meringue nest broken up in a dish!!!! Nom non nom!!!

when I'm watching tele I wait for the adverts then hit the deck and start doing sit ups to see how many I can get in before my programme comes back on!

This might interest you, the Total Core abdominal excerciser is supposed to be really good as it gets you into the correct postition for sit-ups/crunches so you don't hurt your neck/back and can do more. AND it works your back at the same time so that helps to get a better posture/flatter stomach. The reason i tell you is that these are £75 to £80 in the shops but mine arrived today from Ebay........ £11.99 with £4.95 postage. Can't wait to try it. My OH had a go and said he could feel the muscles in his stomach working after two or three!
The other major plus is that because you are sat up, and because it's silent, you can do it whilst watching TV.

And no, before you think it, i am not selling them. I have been looking at these for about 2 years now and am just really really excited that i got one for less than £20!! ha ha

Spookess said:
This might interest you, the Total Core abdominal excerciser is supposed to be really good as it gets you into the correct postition for sit-ups/crunches so you don't hurt your neck/back and can do more. AND it works your back at the same time so that helps to get a better posture/flatter stomach. The reason i tell you is that these are £75 to £80 in the shops but mine arrived today from Ebay........ £11.99 with £4.95 postage. Can't wait to try it. My OH had a go and said he could feel the muscles in his stomach working after two or three!
The other major plus is that because you are sat up, and because it's silent, you can do it whilst watching TV.

And no, before you think it, i am not selling them. I have been looking at these for about 2 years now and am just really really excited that i got one for less than £20!! ha ha[/QUOTE

Ooooooh thx will go take a look on there now :) :) :)

Welcome! The seller i got it off (i forget the name) had more than one available. The only down side is that the exercise ball on the picture looks like one of those you can sit on but in reality it is about the size of a bowling ball! Don't think i will ever use that anyway.

Hello all

I am on day 4 so far so good :)

I am not sleeping well and am craving hot milky drink - think I am ok with milk allowance as I just use that in tea during the day but I am just working out the best way to get the chocolate element of hot chocolate !!!

I don't have a list of syns ( I know wine and that's all I have needed to know!!) would be much appreciated if someone could give me some choc advice please :)

Thanks, blue

Back