DOING SW FROM HOME???

Phew - had our New Year breakfast at work yesterday . Our boss takes us to local 4 star hotel for buffet breakfast instead of giving us Christmas cards. Anyway i tried hard and only ate what is on
the plan but of course none of the fried breakfast would have been cooked in Fry Light!!!

Oh and then 13 year old daughter brought home mini Bakewell tarts that she had cooked at school . She is an amazing cook but particularly good at pastry. I had to taste it so only had a bite. I don't want my teenage girls to have a bad image of food so I have to be careful what I do ( or don't do )

But... Today's another day <grin>

Hi, did not realise so many were doing this from home too. Its great to see. I went to the meetings in 2002 and lost over 2 stone but over the years that and more has gone back on sadly the meetings are now not an option for me financially. I kept all the booklets and started up again last week. Today was my first week, after sticking to it 100% I lost 7lbs :) Glad I found this site to get that extra support aswell. x

Hi

I'm doing this from home too, I started yesterday so I'll probably be on here a lot now that I've found you all :D

I did do this a few years ago and lost two stone but then I just gave up after a bad week. I'm really excited to be starting again - it feels good to be in control.

See you all around x

Hi

I'm also a go it at home Slimming Worlder! I find going to group and being weighed also messes with my head, some weeks despite staying 100% on plan I STS or put on weight and can accept this when I am by myself, I don't need the pressure of feeling a failure in group as I haven't lost weight that week.
I lost 3 1/2 stone a few years ago with SW and put it back on, this time it will come off in it's own time and stay off!!!!

Well weigh in at end of week one today and lost 5 1/4 lb., although have had tummy bug for day or two
so that has helped a bit. ;)

Ang17 said:
Well weigh in at end of week one today and lost 5 1/4 lb., although have had tummy bug for day or two
so that has helped a bit. ;)

Hope your feeling better and fantastic loss :)

Beautifulmess said:
Day 1 for me and I'm 100% :) Am hungry quite often tho :S mugshot and an orange before bed me thinks.

Mmmm mugshot :) love those.

I've been doing it at home since November and have lost just over a stone :) I've been meaning to say hello in this thread for ages and keep forgetting.

Congrats to all you newcomers, and your brilliant first week losses :) Keep up the good work!

Well done!

I am doing sw online as well, I have about 1.5 stone to loose and will see how I get on online. The one thing I know that keeps me honest is someone weighing me, however the meetings don't work with my schedule at the moment. I am motivated however, so watch this space! :)

StephCracknell said:
I am doing sw online as well, I have about 1.5 stone to loose and will see how I get on online. The one thing I know that keeps me honest is someone weighing me, however the meetings don't work with my schedule at the moment. I am motivated however, so watch this space! :)

Good luck. You can do this :)

Spookess said:
First weigh in this morning, 3lb lost. I am happy with that but when i have done it in the past i have lost a little bit more than that on a first week. And i've stuck to it 100%. At least it's going in the right direction i suppose!
My OH has pointed out though that up until the night before i started SW again, i was eating the usual Christmas junk so it could be that that's made the loss a bit less.
I'll stick to it 100% again this week, lets see if i can do the same/better. :)

My first week after Xmas I lost a pound, this week I've lost 4 so maybe next week you'll have a bigger loss, well done though, :)

suzyflo said:
An 11lb loss isn't just great Henny....its blooming fabulous! Well done :)

I think without a doubt your getting slimmer of the week Henny!
Though don't be disheartened if next week is a lot less, keep up the good work, really pleased for you :) x

charl1810 said:
Hi, I'm doing slimming world from home too, started last friday, i managed to get the books from a friend, just hope I'm doing it correctly when i haven't been to a group before, will see if i weigh less this friday lol

If your not sure of anything, just ask, im sure between us we have the answers :)
Good luck!

Hi I've never been to a group either & have done it from home for the past 17 months. Just one little slip along the way that was over Christams but I'm back on track now & feeling more motivated than ever :)

Just want to say huge hello to all our new members, and congratulate everyone on their losses!

Those of us that have done sw before either from group or home will know that not every week will see a loss and some days will be a lot harder than others.

The best piece of advice is IF YOU'VE HAD A BAD DAY, DON'T QUIT JUST DRAW A LINE UNDER IT AND GET BACK ON TRACK.

If your finding it difficult do it meal by meal, so if breakfast was a huge bowl of cornflakes with full fat milk and three sugars, make sure lunch is 100% on plan!

It's swings and roundabouts all the way!!

Good luck and keep posting :) x

This site is making me feel so much more motivated. Iv been to a class before and couldn't commit due to work. Iv started slimming world again on Monday along with two friends and with finding this site I'm excited to be on the right track again! Roll on Monday for first weigh in.

Please help people!!!
Second week on plan 100%...second gain!! Both weeks I have blooming gained!
So disheartening when you try so hard. :(

Back