DOING SW FROM HOME???

Is anyone else having trouble using ur b choices?? I usually have cereal but I'm finding I'm not hungry at bed time when I usually have it cos I'm getting in so much later these days and tea time is not far from supper....ideas?? X

Miss Lindsay said:
Is anyone else having trouble using ur b choices?? I usually have cereal but I'm finding I'm not hungry at bed time when I usually have it cos I'm getting in so much later these days and tea time is not far from supper....ideas?? X

Other HexBs include:

Certain Cereal Bars
1tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Tinned Fruit
Cheese (Green Day)
Nuts (Green Day)

Hey guys! Hope you don't mind if I join the thread aswell!
I do SW from home as I can't afford the classes, I lost a stone last year by doing it this way and was thrilled! Then I managed to regain over my Birthday and Xmas :(
But I started last week and lost 4lbs, then had a party on Sat and a munch day on Sun, so on Monday I weighed 10.13lbs.. I weighed myself this morning and I was back to 10.11lbs. Here's hoping I get to 10.09 or 10.10 this Friday!!

debbiisixx said:
Hey guys! Hope you don't mind if I join the thread aswell!
I do SW from home as I can't afford the classes, I lost a stone last year by doing it this way and was thrilled! Then I managed to regain over my Birthday and Xmas :(
But I started last week and lost 4lbs, then had a party on Sat and a munch day on Sun, so on Monday I weighed 10.13lbs.. I weighed myself this morning and I was back to 10.11lbs. Here's hoping I get to 10.09 or 10.10 this Friday!!

Good luck :)

Can you have cheese as a HEB as well as HEA? Hope so because i use both HEAs on cheese but would like some milk too for cereal/tea etc.
Even though i am sticking to plan 100% I have a new incentive to lose weight, got my aunties 80th birthday party on 11th Feb and will be seeing family i haven't seen for YEARS! Would like to look my best.
It's about 3 weeks away, do you reckon it's possible to lose half a stone or more by then?

Can you have cheese as a HEB as well as HEA? Hope so because i use both HEAs on cheese but would like some milk too for cereal/tea etc.
Even though i am sticking to plan 100% I have a new incentive to lose weight, got my aunties 80th birthday party on 11th Feb and will be seeing family i haven't seen for YEARS! Would like to look my best.
It's about 3 weeks away, do you reckon it's possible to lose half a stone or more by then?

You can only have certain cheeses as a HexB and only on a Green Day. I'm not sure of the list of cheeses as I've never used it, sorry, but in theory you could use both HexA's and both HexB's on a green day for cheese!

The more I read these forums the more I confuse myself over all these healthy extras and stuff!! Still finding it hard to get my head around!

Its tough for most people at first I think, to get their heads around healthy extras. Just learn one plan to start with (extra easy usually best) and when you've got that one, you can look at other stuff so easily.

There's always someone willing to help, and then one day you're the one going.. 'Have some olive oil!' :)

Well, I had a cheeky look at the scales this morning and they can't decide weather I'm 10.11 or 10.12.. Aaargh!! Why did I look? I blame my partner for bringing me home a Greggs chocolate cream doughnut last night.. I can never resist them! Oh well, I shall work harder at my Jillian Michaels DVD today!!

Hi guys,

Well I got weighed at home today, 2nd weigh in and I have STS again.

I am disappointed, who wouldn't be but as my medication for my underactive thyroid is still being adjusted and monitored, I suppose STS is good. At least once my levels have been sorted then I should start seeing a loss, so for the time being STS is good enough for me at least I am not putting anymore on. Just thought would share how I am feeling after my WI, hope you don't mind. :)

Good luck to everyone in their weight loss journey. :D x

Hi double trouble, I've got a hypothyroid as well and they think they have my dose right (I don't as my nails are still snapping but my hair n nails and energy level are much much better) I'm weighing in for my 3rd weigh day tomorrow and I've be religious and been to aquasize, yoga twice, zumba and the gym and ate loads of superspeed foods and I've got a distinct sinking feeling I'm going to STS as well. I should try and be positive about it like u but I can't help thinking if I STS tomorrow I'm guna be really frustrated as it seems to be working wonders for everyone else :( x

Hi double trouble, I've got a hypothyroid as well and they think they have my dose right (I don't as my nails are still snapping but my hair n nails and energy level are much much better) I'm weighing in for my 3rd weigh day tomorrow and I've be religious and been to aquasize, yoga twice, zumba and the gym and ate loads of superspeed foods and I've got a distinct sinking feeling I'm going to STS as well. I should try and be positive about it like u but I can't help thinking if I STS tomorrow I'm guna be really frustrated as it seems to be working wonders for everyone else :( x

Hi Miss Lindsay

Try not to be too disappointed if you do STS, this could also be due to your muscle weighing heavy as well, if you are doing the exercise as well.

Make sure you take measurements of yourself so you can keep a check on that as you may be losing inches rather then ounces and pounds :).

Sometimes even when they get the doses right, you can still have your off weeks. I know I do, I can get depressed and frustrated with myself, especially as it effects my memory, plus my hair feels awful and falls out but then the next week I can feel wonderful - very weird lol....will be glad when the dose is right so I can start to lose the weight.

Good luck on you journey hun :D, let me know how you get on as would love to know.

Thanks double trouble, I know what u mean good n bad weeks! Yeah I'm guna take ur advice and measure. Was feeling really bummed earlier then went to see my nan and she said "wow! There's some weigh you're loosing" so that cheered me up :) I'll let u know how I get on though!!! X

Hi all.

Just starting back on SW and doing it from home as I can't afford the classes :(
My diary explains my journey so far but basically, I've done SW before (have never been to groups, just done it at home for the same reasons) and it works but due to exam stress and other reasons I piled it on again and basically I'm starting again.

Spookess - I love your idea about saving that money and then rewarding yourself..maybe when I get a bit more cash I could start doing that; sounds like a great motivator.

Hi :)

I am also doing SW from home, I started last week and have first WI this Friday. I know SW works for me having previously lost a significant amount of weight on the plan. What seems to happen with me is I follow SW until I go on holiday then struggle to get back on it afterwards and the weight creeps up.

I have gone to classes and done SW from home before. I have lost weight both times so feel I can follow the plan from home with the support of this site.

I used to go to meetings but got pregnant and stopped. Now 6 months after having baby can't afford to go but need to lose weight. Just come on this site finding it great with all the support from others doing it alone. Love to hear of any great recipes as getting stuck with what to cook!

Back