DOING SW FROM HOME???

Hey ladies, I restarted the slimming world plan on EE today at home. I have been to a group before and though I found it motivational, I now have a newborn and I don't fancy sitting through every other meeting with a my boob out (BF!) and as DH works these continental shifts and I may not be able to attend every week, it just makes sense to do it at home. I used this site last time and found it supportive, if not to me personally but to others and there are so many tips and recipes, I'm sure I'll be fine.

kcbmama84 said:
Hey ladies, I restarted the slimming world plan on EE today at home. I have been to a group before and though I found it motivational, I now have a newborn and I don't fancy sitting through every other meeting with a my boob out (BF!) and as DH works these continental shifts and I may not be able to attend every week, it just makes sense to do it at home. I used this site last time and found it supportive, if not to me personally but to others and there are so many tips and recipes, I'm sure I'll be fine.

Good luck honey :)

Good luck!

I and the OH are doing the 'diet' from home. On-line registration is just too expensive. I find I get so much from this website, and can put the money I'm saving from paying for a group towards my holiday fund!;)

SweatyBetty said:
I and the OH are doing the 'diet' from home. On-line registration is just too expensive. I find I get so much from this website, and can put the money I'm saving from paying for a group towards my holiday fund!;)

That's a great idea x

I'm doing SW from home on my own. I have never been to one of their classes but have bought a food optimising book, which is probably well out of date now, that gives me the basic guidelines.
This site helps loads with any queries and for recipe ideas too.

I want to lose between 2 - 2 1/2 st. It would be nice to have lost most of that by the summer. I am not so good at sticking to plan. I keep starting and stopping. My first week, I lost 2lb, second week stayed the same and tomorrow will be my 3rd week. I have been sticking to plan all week so surely I deserve a loss? I hope so anyway.

i got the optimizing book last april and already its out of date :( but there is usually somebody on here that can help if you need to check something

Hi teenie, wow we are in a similar position!
I'm happy to keep in touch so we can really support eachother.
I did weigh in on Wednesday and had only lost 1lb. I know a loss is better than a gain but a bigger loss would have been more appreicated!

I'm now trying some red days as I didn't do any red days last week. I've decided to knock EE on the head as it wasn't working out for me. Today was my 2nd red day and I am finding them much harder than green days. I still don't really know what I'm eating tomorrow as I tend to plan day by day. Hopefully I can get through till Wednesday so I can see if red days work better for me.

I did start SW last year and joined a gym too. I managed to lose 1 stone so far but I need to stick to it properly to get to my target.

Hi everyone. I'm thinking of starting SW after trying CD and WW!! I went from 15 stone 13lb down to 12 and a half stone on CD, did WW for a month and only lost 2lb (it was too easy to spend my points on eating rubbish!) and then went off the rails and I'm now up to 14st 3 :(

My work colleague gave me her SW book from 2010 and it has the extra easy plan in it which I am interested in trying. A few years ago I did the old 'core plan' on WW which seems a little similar to EE and I found it to be really good.

I can't get to any classes due to work etc so I'm thinking of doing it at home. I also have decided to try and pay off my debts so I need to try and do it on a budget. The only thing I'm worried about is not having someone weighing me which would motivate me to stick to it. Does anyone have any tips to help with this? My OH will be doing it with me too :)

Think I will start on Monday :D I have read the books I have and have browsed the forum (some of the recipes sound AMAZING) and I think I understand the whole concept. I'm excited!!

Hi Felix and welcome!!

I find that I can motivate myself by weighing myself weekly at my local boots and by keeping a weight loss ticker and progress in my signature below. Additionally, I keep a diary on minimins where I can share my ups and downs and it's helpful to get motivating comments and responses from others! Hope that helps.

Hi Felix,

having never been able to stick to a diet for more than for days i've almost finsihed week 5 on SW. The best way i've foudn to keep my self motivated is set mini goals on the way to my main target and when i hit those goals getting a treat for my self.

mines stuff for my camera or new clothing, and i've seen people getting jewelery or body piercings / tattoo's etc. Just little rewards make it so much easier.

As i dont go to groups and home way, my mums got involved and calls me every sunday afternoon for a my check up on my weigh in - kinda fun as get her support and mean i do my best. As she's dieting too its also fun seeing who's lost more between us each week.

best thing is now i gotten used to smaller portions and used to cooking within the rules it doesn't feel like i'm on a diet at all and am sure you'll find the same over time :)

Hi, I'm doing it from home too, as I live overseas. I trust SW totally for my weight loss, as I know & can testify it works. I'm trying to get back down to my 1998 target weight, as I've let it creep up a little in the last couple of years. However until I moved from the uk I was a class regular, and I REALLY miss the classes & the info & support given during the classes. For me it was totally worth the money. Still, this forum seems great & a good substitute!

Thanks for the replies :) some of these ideas are great! I have started a diary on here and I'll keep a written one too to track my weight loss and what I'm eating. The idea for rewards for mini goals is good. Thanks everyone!

Hello

Hi Ladies, I have just started to do sw from home, as of yesterday. I am agoraphobic, so I can't get to any classes at the moment. A lovely friend of mine steered me to this thread, and I wondered if you'd mind if I joined you please?

I am very overweight :cry: and have such a long way to go :sigh: - but I feel great that I have taken the first step towards changing that :D

I only have the magazine to go by at the moment, and will look into buying the optimiser book asap.

Good luck to all of us. I look forward to your company on this journey :D

Hi shelly..don't fret, all of us are overweight and have decided to do something about it as have you. Maybe break down your desired loss into some short term targets. Other things that have been motivational for either myself or others on this forum are giving yourselves rewards for meeting short term targets, making a list of reasons that you are doing this so you can keep yourself motivated if you feel like you're slipping.

If you want more info on SW go to that part of the forum and there are a few sticky threads with lots of useful information.

Good luck and I hope it goes well for you x

Hi Ladies, I have just started to do sw from home, as of yesterday. I am agoraphobic, so I can't get to any classes at the moment. A lovely friend of mine steered me to this thread, and I wondered if you'd mind if I joined you please?

I am very overweight :cry: and have such a long way to go :sigh: - but I feel great that I have taken the first step towards changing that :D

I only have the magazine to go by at the moment, and will look into buying the optimiser book asap.

Good luck to all of us. I look forward to your company on this journey :D

Hi and Welcome! Well done for taking the first step, we're all in the same boat here - all overweight and trying to change that - so we deserve a pat on the back for making a start. This forum is an invaluable support and I couldn't have stuck to SW for so long without it. I normally give up diets after a few days and here I am 3 months later and 22lbs lighter and still going strong! Use the forum, there's plenty of people here to help and answer any questions you have. Good luck!

Hey everyone. I am going to give SW a try again but this time from home. I never stuck to it as always got bored of the classes, they were happy clappy and then only went to get weighed. So going to try it from home using these board. I really want to do it this time! x

Good luck to all the new starters! the forum's on here are great. I've only been doing SW for 5 weeks now, but couldn't have managed that without the support on here. At least when you have a bad day, people will pick you up and inspire you to keep trying and not give up.

Keep a food diary on here

Back